Lake Isabella and the Kern River Canyon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khunajawdge

Toto El Mundo!
Reaction score
Hi - For reasons beyond my control this Ride Campout has been [SIZE=36pt]Cancelled[/SIZE]

However, I am leaving these photos here in case we try again next Spring!

View of Lake Isabella from Caliente/Bodfish Rd.

BoldfishCaliente.jpg

Fairview Campsite

CampatMcNallys.jpg

3 FJR’s at Fairview Campground

The3Fjrs.jpg

Johnny Mc Nally’s Sign

JohnnyMcNallys.jpg

Sherman Pass Sign

DSCF3585.jpg

Heading up to Sherman Pass Summit

DSCF3594.jpg

The Summit of Sherman Pass

DSCF3590.jpg

Heading back Down to the Kern River from Sherman Pass

DSCF3591.jpg

The Pits at the Fairview Campground

ThePits.jpg

Let's do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting ready to split on out of Spartanburg in just hours, but I'm looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone in October!

George, this is a "likely likely" for me, though I'll not yet commit.

You know, a leisurely ride up into Nevada, and then all the way down on 395, in the early fall -

well that sounds very relaxing. Maybe a midnight run across Death Valley .... ;)

(And count me among those who regrets not getting the chance to visit with you in Idaho.)

Thats the weekend of Bikefest in Vegas........

R
Richard and Bill: You two are going to have to make a decision between 'A': Big-chested biker babes at the bike wash down on the Vegas strip, unlimited drinking and gambling, delicious food and swim up bars, and the strip clubs on Flamingo Road.

Or Fairlaner and djbill, do you choose 'B': This's George wearing a tank top and cut off Levi's floating on an inner tube down the Kern River, playing pinochle with Rudy at a picnic table and dining on hot dogs that Bob has burnt over their camp fire!

Richard and Bill: You two are going to have to make a decision between 'A': Big-chested biker babes at the bike wash down on the Vegas strip, unlimited drinking and gambling, delicious food and swim up bars, and the strip clubs on Flamingo Road.
Or Fairlaner and djbill, do you choose 'B': This's George wearing a tank top and cut off Levi's floating on an inner tube down the Kern River, playing pinochle with Rudy at a picnic table and dining on hot dogs that Bob has burnt over their camp fire!
Doun Don (aka Chui Medina the Burrito Ballerina = a Zonie Homie)

Here is some info to explain to you the 2 items that you make mention of above;

The history of the bathing suit;

https://www.victoriana.com/library/Beach/Fa...athingSuits.htm

BTW, I am a surfer dude...I only wear baggies made by OP and I stand when I float tube.

Pinochle described here;

https://www.pagat.com/marriage/pinmain.html#introduction

The game of Pinocle IS quite exhilerating, just ask anybody who hangs with any local group of wise guys!

...and lastly, Johnny McNally's Steakhouse (home of the 40 oz. steak) will beat out the hot dogs by the fire any day.

You should join us Don! :yahoo:

I might be interested in you don't mind a few FZ1's and a BMW up there?

It would be great to meet some more riders!

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks like a good opportunity for Gathering of the Clans. Wasn't it just about this time last year?

The map shows some great roads that I've been wanting to ride.

This looks like fun!

Which campsite is that a picture of? I got #17

How many tents can fit in each site?

Do ya think Richard will send us pizza from Vegas?

Fine by me!

I so wish I could be there-

Folks, KJ puts on a great party/ride/location event.

You should go if you have the opportunity, just sayin'...

I so wish I could be there- Folks, KJ puts on a great party/ride/location event.

Thanks Don, I'll cover YOUR campsite $$$ if you up to share the one that Rudy and I reserved. Now all you need to come up with is gas money and a way to pack a tent, bag etc. on the Wee Strom.

I so wish I could be there- Folks, KJ puts on a great party/ride/location event.

Thanks Don, I'll cover YOUR campsite $$$ if you up to share the one that Rudy and I reserved. Now all you need to come up with is gas money and a way to pack a tent, bag etc. on the Wee Strom.
Thanks KJ, but I'll be working Diablo graveyards.. making $ to pay off my bills - it's a nightmare. I simply can't go, but Thank You for the most generous offer. :cry:

This looks like a good opportunity for Gathering of the Clans.
Which campsite is that a picture of? I got #17

How many tents can fit in each site?

Do ya think Richard will send us pizza from Vegas?

Fine by me!
Oh, I think "this" would be a good place for a clan gathering myself!

The campsite pictured is # 49

I don't "think" they allow over 4 tents per site?

Pizza... delivered from Vegas? I doubt it (the tip $$$ would be astronomical).... so don't send one Richard.

I have No problem if FZ1/Beemer guys join us for some camping/riding? How is it that you are on this list "bigwhited"?

Hey, I recognize that camp trip. Lots of fun and great steakhouse- one of the best. Have a blast.