• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Knifemaker Passenger Floorboardst

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knifemaker

Not me
Reaction score
I've edited this post to reflect changes that have occoured over time...

I no longer make the floorboards, but Dave at Winpro does using my basic design.

Please jump ahead to reply number 116 in this thread for information on how to buy a set from him.

Thanks,

Eric

AKA Knifemaker

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, those look nice. If my pillion rode more and wanted something like this I'd be all over those.

-MD

How 'bout current pics of what you would be purchasing ? Square was a bit ugleee...

I will try and post pics this week, but really you would be hard pressed to see much diffrence. I built these for function , not aesthetics. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course, the boards do the intended job well. My passenger is very happy and comfortable with them. If I made them less "square" I would have sacrificed surface area.

EDIT- Photos of the "new" floorboards in the "FJR Farkles" album at my webshot link below....

Hi Eric, the boards came in today got them installed without problems except for one of the factory screws which I had to drill out. They look great and she is pleased with how they help her maintain a more secure and comfortable seating position. Also you might mention to others that in the down position, without a passenger, they also give the rider another foot position. Thanks for a nice product. RIDE SAFE, Steve

FYI

Ya know... if they could be turned around to help keep the heels off the pipes, that'd be cool. My daughter rides with me a lot and her boots have a 1.5-2.0 inch heel on 'em. I've got marks on every bike from them. The FJR has those tiny heel rests, but they're just not big enough. Is that possible? Would they extend back far enough? 'cause if so, I think I'll take a set.

+1

Ya know... if they could be turned around to help keep the heels off the pipes, that'd be cool. My daughter rides with me a lot and her boots have a 1.5-2.0 inch heel on 'em. I've got marks on every bike from them. The FJR has those tiny heel rests, but they're just not big enough. Is that possible? Would they extend back far enough? 'cause if so, I think I'll take a set.
+1- wife wears boots with heels!! Oh yeah!!

In theory, they CAN be turned around. (by using the right board on the left side and vice-versa) They would of course not be able to fold up. My question here however as these are "floorboards" and not pegs, why your wife just could not move her foot FORWARD so her heel rests on the board. This would seem alot eaiser and more comfortable. (Knee less bent)

My wife also just wears boots/shoes with low or no heels, as she does not need to have heels to "hook on to" the passenger pegs to feel secure footed. Even my size 11 boots with tall heels sit on the board without the heels hanging off...so I am not sure what reason there would be to 'turn them around'

We are loving our first gen boards. Yes, on a ssk ride the extra foot position is much appreciated. Between that and the wild bills, I have a much more comfortable long ride.

Jim

In theory, they CAN be turned around. (by using the right board on the left side and vice-versa) They would of course not be able to fold up. My question here however as these are "floorboards" and not pegs, why your wife just could not move her foot FORWARD so her heel rests on the board. This would seem alot eaiser and more comfortable. (Knee less bent)

My wife also just wears boots/shoes with low or no heels, as she does not need to have heels to "hook on to" the passenger pegs to feel secure footed. Even my size 11 boots with tall heels sit on the board without the heels hanging off...so I am not sure what reason there would be to 'turn them around'
Yeah, no argument. As I mentioned, I wat thinking more about my daughter. She's 10 and wouldn't need the farther reach. :)

Nice to hear from the passengers themselves:

Hi Eric,

You don't know me but I ride with Steve Kash. After being use to riding with him on the BMW, I was so uncomfortable riding on the FJR until you made the floor boards for me. They put my body in a different sitting position and make all the difference. Now I really enjoy riding with him again. We just enjoyed a trip to Key West and I was very comfortable. Thank you for making the floor boards. I'm sure you have heard this from others but I asked Steve if I could send a thank you just to let you know what your product does to enhance the ride for the passenger.

Safe riding

Bev

(Eric you have my permission to post the letter. Other's should know what a good product you have. Maybe more wives/girlfriends will enjoy riding with their man.)

Where' the Boobs???????????????????

Top ten answers...

10. In congress.

9. Locked up away from your perverted ass.

8. Not sure, sing a few bars...

7. Are you drunk and mean "Booze" instead?

6. Next to "who let the dogs out"??

5. They are on Hiatus

4. What boobs?

3. HEY, I don't see yours, you don't see mine.

2. Your dog ate them.

And the number one answer to "Where the Boobs???????" is:

1. They are all busy I guess, or at work, am sure they will all start posting later this evening...

KM

That's what I've been looking for. I was about to buy stock in easyoff keeping the boot marks off of my mufflers. I'll get'er on my bike tonight and see how that is going to work with her foot position.