Iron Butt Association Magazine

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrob1300

Frost-back1 IBA 34867 / Brown Sider 002/ Dark Side
Reaction score
I just got in from the mailbox. It's soooo cold out today. 3 layers of clothes just to go to the box. My nose is running and freezing into my 'stache. Man I'm really starting to hate winter in Ontario. But wait! what's this! ...a ray of SUNSHINE!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!! My Premier Edition of IRONBUTT Magazine is here. All is not lost. Life's good. There is a glimmer of hope. I shall savour this moment. As soon as I'm done reading my latest RoadRunner Magazine I will read my new IRONBUTT Magazine. Glory be!!!!!!

Oh crap, kids got a hockey game to go to. Time to layer up again.

Maybe a little mid winter Ride would make me feel better. <_<

Got mine a few days ago. flipped through it and going to read it this weekend now that I'm not on-call 24/7 for two weeks. Looks very glossy with better production value than I expected for the cost. Everything looked good except for the pictures of gay FJR's and the article by some Dale guy.

:p

I just got in from the mailbox. It's soooo cold out today. 3 layers of clothes just to go to the box. My nose is running and freezing into my 'stache. Man I'm really starting to hate winter in Ontario. But wait! what's this! ...a ray of SUNSHINE!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!! My Premier Edition of IRONBUTT Magazine is here. All is not lost. Life's good. There is a glimmer of hope. I shall savour this moment. As soon as I'm done reading my latest RoadRunner Magazine I will read my new IRONBUTT Magazine. Glory be!!!!!!

Oh crap, kids got a hockey game to go to. Time to layer up again.

Maybe a little mid winter Ride would make me feel better. <_<
I doubt that I will find this mag at the news stand, any chance you could post some info on how someone could get a copy?

Last edited by a moderator:
It wasn't until I saw the announcement of the issue on the LD list that I remembered, "Oh yeah, I never signed up for the premier membership." Got that done a few days after the announcement, but I assume that puts me at the end of the line for the mag if I get it at all. It hasn't arrived yet.

Got mine last week.

+1 on the cover to cover, even that Dale guy came through with and excellent article. :clapping:

I got mine too but have not opened it yet.
Say what? Get that thing moved into the library and get it cracked open (pun intended). Look for me, OCFJR and BIODSL and our bikes in the photo on the inside cover.
I saw Eric and Paul but didn't see you...guess I better look again. Dang that was a fun rally, and they're doing it again in July! :yahoo:

Sounds like a severe case of cabin fever but this Iron Butt mag your talkin about has spiked my interest. Will have to check it out soon. Hey, just throw another log on the fire and enjoy. :D Painman. ><>

Me n' some others were on a foto shoot for this -

Though I doubt they will put me n' Wabs (dl650) on the cover..

I know I wouldn't.. :rofl:

Thanks Dale,

Just about finished with my copy. I'm reading it at work between part cycles on the vertical lathe.

Don, when is the Candy Butt Association Premier issue coming out?
:clapping:
What articles can we expect to see in it?
:D

Brodie

Shouldn't there be a car tire on that FJR on the front page?
Not only no, hell FUCK no, we are not putting any photos of some goofy-ass car tire on a FJR in this magazine! It's embarrassing enough to see this idiocy happening in our bike community to begin with, but we are certainly NOT going promote this brain-damaged idea by printing photos of them in a nation-wide periodical! Sheese!

On a much happier note, I am quite pleased the FJR has turned out to be *the* mainstream sport-touring platform in the Long Distance community, if photos in this premier issue is any indication. I haven't done a thorough comparison count in this first issue yet, but our FJR may be the most photographed bike... I count no less than seventeen (17) FJR photographs in this premier issue - might be the #1 photographed bike in the mag! :D