Mason Dixon 20-20

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildirish

Reaction score
I just signed up for the Mason dixon 20-20. Since this is only a stones throw from where I live I will give it a try. Now I just got to shrink to fit back in the old aerostich or just sew a piece of cloth up the middle of the back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite many years of long distance riding, I have yet to participate in a rally, so this sounds like it might be a fun way to start.

Despite many years of long distance riding, I have yet to participate in a rally, so this sounds like it might be a fun way to start.
It was my first. It pulls in a lot of great riders but is still very rookie friendly.

It used to be run out of York, by the way. But you'll still have an easy ride home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in. Been doing this one for a few years now. It's always fun! I was much happier with the Hagerstown location than the Williamsport one of a few years ago.

I used to do something similar many years ago in a car. I'll have to look into doing this, it looks like a ton of fun. Do you usually do this on your own, or work in teams? It wasnt clear from the "How it works" page...

It's generally considered a solo sport. No outside help is allowed at all (e.g., you can't call someone in a town ahead to ask about traffic).

Riders can help other riders (e.g., if you're walking back from a bonus point up a trail and you see another rider heading there, you can say, "It's about 10 yards ahead to your left."). It's also not unusual for two riders to ride a route together though they are scored separately.

And, yes, it's a ton of fun and the camaraderie is unsurpassed.

Just reserved a room. Now time to register with MD-2020.

First rally; Here I come!