Patti Knight (Mrs. TWN) Passed Away, Friday, 1/15

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCML

Not All Who Wander Are Lost
Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Update starts here. Patti passed away on Friday, January 15th.[/SIZE]

--------------------------

For reasons unfathomable (at least to me), our individual, and collective, faith, fortitude and notions of fairness are, once again, being severely challenged.

It is with profound sadness that I have been asked to share with all of you the news that Patti Knight, widow of Tim "Two Wheel Nut" Bates has been diagnosed with stage four, inoperable, terminal cancer. She is currently receiving hospice care.

I am awaiting word from Patti's closest friends and family regarding the best way to route communications to her, and to them, and will pass on that information when it becomes available.

I have also been told that there have been discussions about a memorial service sometime, somewhere down the road but, at the present time, the family's focus is, understandably, elsewhere.

Updates will be posted here periodically when there is more news to share.

I know that, at this trying time, our thoughts and prayers are with Patti, and with her family.

Cherish everyday, everyone (as if yet another reminder is called for).

Expletives deleted.

Edit 18:40 H PST 12 January 2010

As posted further down this thread, Chris Bates, Patti's brother-in-law has asked that the following address be posted for those who might wish to send a card:

Patricia Knight

c/o Peter and Joanne Logan

655 Edgewood Drive

Goleta, CA 93117-1642

Last edited by a moderator:
Some things I'll never understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had gotten to know Tim and Patti. I still hate this news. I hate cancer.

doctorj

I'm so sorry to hear this... if you can pass on to the family that she is not alone at this time... there are many who reach out their love, prayers, thoughts, and energy to her and I will be one of them. Strength and love sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.