Square recess in the back of the right hand control

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit

Reaction score
I am looking for a new place to mount a switch for my driving lights. I noticed tonight when I took the left hand side hand control apart there is a square recess there that can be removed. is there a switch on other models that can be installed there? Its on the back side behind the control for the windshield.turn and high beam switch. If there is a factory switch I can buy and wire for my lights then the problem is solved. if not then I will have to make a switch to fit it. Thank for any help. my bike is a 2005 ABS model if that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
The blank on the front of the left control module is where the European "Flash to Pass" switch is mounted.

Others have wired their own small push button switches there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kawasaki also uses the exact same switch pod for their 1400 Concours. I bought a junkyard one and used the switch for my push to talk button.

DSC00066.jpg

One thing, the switch is a momentary on type. It probably won't work for your lights without some electrical trickery.

Hope this helps.

Brodie

Digikey has all kinds of switches that should fit.

I'm awaiting the one shown for my Audiovox Cruise control to replace the stock one that's bolted to the clutch lever housing.

I also ordered the waterproof condom that can be used with it, also from Digikey.

I bought from Radio Shack a miniature pushbutton switch and mounted it in the left side switch housing (high beam and turn signal switches)...I left the colored cap off...easier to feel the switch without looking through gloves

So that white shaft coming out the silver metal screw collar is the switch

You can choose from on/off clicky, momentary, and whether you want normally open or normally closed

no rocket science...I just needed a drill, screwdriver, 40watt soldering iron, and a bit of courage

3302053076_3295fd5967.jpg

3302053080_2fea6ff3ab.jpg

I had thought about puttin it in the front like you did. Just not sure thats where I want it. Thanks for the help everyone. i will post up pics of whatever i decide to do.

I bought a momentary micro switch from radio shack and put it there and wired a garage door opener to it... Works great...

Kawasaki also uses the exact same switch pod for their 1400 Concours. I bought a junkyard one and used the switch for my push to talk button. One thing, the switch is a momentary on type. It probably won't work for your lights without some electrical trickery.

Hope this helps.

Brodie
I assume that switch comes on the US models? and would be available from a kawa dealer?

Is it a flash to pass switch on the concours?