Wyndham last minute promotion

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugR

Reaction score
Well there is both a positive and negative twist to this

It's come to my attention that the Wyndham Cap Tremblant has launched a major last minute internet promotion

Wyndham Promotion

For people wanting to stay before or after the rally this is quite the deal. That's the positive

The negative is that the deal is substantially under our contract prices.

I've been on to the Wyndham about this, trying to score a break but their position is that we are an organized group for which they are specifically rooming us together and that we have dedicated access to certain resource facilities (private breakfasts, rally room for the entire event plus the dinner, private parking etc).

They also point out that we are at 50% of our expected turnout and they are still honoring the contract prices.

We are under contract, the rooms have been paid for and I am not in position to adjust any of the prices or cancel and rebook 3 weeks from the rally date.

I don't want this to spoil the event

I did warn the Wyndham to expect some comments from the rally attendee's over this.

We were there yesterday for the final site inspection, it is a wonderful location and I am expecting to have a great time, so I would ask that attendee's reserve their comments until after the rally.

If people do take advantage of this special to come to the rally please be advised that the room assignments may well be quite some distance (horizontally and vertically, it's built on quite the hill) from the center of the action.

Also if people do want to sign up, the shirts are ordered.

I have a few extra I can't guarantee they will be available or fit.

I hope this doesn't upset to many people

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
If people do take advantage of this special to come to the rally please be advised that the room assignments may well be quite some distance (horizontally and vertically, it's built on quite the hill) from the center of the action.

That could be a real advantage with all of you rowdy biker types carrying on like you do. :lol:

I'm bringing a tent and camping out on their front lawn, with a big sign... :unsure:

..oh, wait, I'm not going :lol:

Be big boyz n' gurlz, fellow peeps..

The way I look at it ... meh. Oh, well.

There are things in life worth getting pissed about and there's this.

I've been looking too forward to this for too long to let this get to me.

Maybe they could throw us a bone... Maybe throw in a Wyndham gift card (a substantial one!) as a door prize or something. Or bring in a keg of beer for us one night... A petting zoo so Bust can feel right at home... That kinda thing.

Matters not to me. No sense in getting worked up over this. As you mentioned, our numbers are much lower than what was first thought so let just enjoy things.

Canadian FJR

So, I wasn;t planning to go (kids about to leave for summer camp and such) maybe I'll go up for a night or two at these rates - beats getting up early and riding the 80 miles each way . . . .

No problem. I'm sure I won't get drunk and pee in their fish tank or anything like that. ;) Besides, I knew the price of entry when I signed up.

...I hope this doesn't upset to many people
I really cannot understand why anyone would get really upset about this. Last minute discounts on surplus rooms is nothing new in the travel business. If you've EVER booked any flights or hotels in advance, then chances are someone got a better deal than you filling the empty seats and rooms! This deal is not through the resort but through an internet travel wholesaler... the resort had to do something with all the rooms that they held for us but we failed to fill! :dribble: And I'm guessin' TravelZoo fills a lot more rooms for the resort than we ever will! :rolleyes:

Also, this isn't as good a rate as it appears. It is +tax (which in Quebec is hefty), min. 2 night stay, payable on booking and non-refundable/non-transferable. We may have been able to negotiate this rate on these terms but we'd be sitting on a pile of paid for empty rooms! :blink:

I think this is very insulting, and no I will not keep quiet..
Easily insulted are you? I suggest that you not keep quiet! Let the resort know how much you appreciate their efforts in accommodating our group and for honoring our contract rates on facilities and meals despite our less than contract minimum numbers! :clapping:

... Be big boyz n' gurlz, fellow peeps..
Well said Don! B)

So, I wasn;t planning to go (kids about to leave for summer camp and such) maybe I'll go up for a night or two at these rates - beats getting up early and riding the 80 miles each way . . . .
It's not too late to register for the rally and book your own accommodation! :D

I agree with Jeff (plus I think the new discount rate gets you a room near certain sheep loving riders :love: )

It's not too late to register for the rally and book your own accommodation! :D

I want to be very clear about this.

If you don't register then you will not have a pass to access the rally specific designated area's, barbq, loot bags, breakfast, rally room, rally dinner and auction.

Chris

So far it doesn't look like I can get away for more than one day (no overnights. No BBQs) if that long. If it works out I'll register.

It would be nice to be able to get the ride schedule.

So far it doesn't look like I can get away for more than one day (no overnights. No BBQs) if that long. If it works out I'll register.
It would be nice to be able to get the ride schedule.
Monday is arrivals, Thursday is departures

The big ride will be the back-roads to Parc de le Maurice (347 349 etc) with a return loop dropping down to the St Lawrence (Yamchiche), along the St Lawrence to Saint Antoine de Lavaltrie and then cut across to Sainte Adele up to Saint Donat and back

Which day? Tuesday or Wednesday is dependent on the weather if it's nice both days then I could see groups going out on both days for that run.

That's a long day so I would expect stands up around 8:30 am, on the Wednesday they will have to hustle because the dinner starts at 7:30pm

For a short day (Wet?) I'm recommending playing with the 327/ 364/ 329 and the back-roads between them, lunch recommendation would be Lachute.

Or A quick run to Lac Superieur Saint Donat and down to Saint Adele.

Chris

[SIZE=14pt]Saint Donat [/SIZE]
Saint Donat. I like the sound of that. That means donut in French right?

gypsy

Saint donut. They're holy.

teacher-smile-black-board.gif

The way I look at it ... meh. Oh, well.
There are things in life worth getting pissed about and there's this.

I've been looking too forward to this for too long to let this get to me.

Maybe they could throw us a bone... Maybe throw in a Wyndham gift card (a substantial one!) as a door prize or something. Or bring in a keg of beer for us one night... A petting zoo so Bust can feel right at home... That kinda thing.
I'm with BikerGeek99 on this one, no big deal: "Machts Nichts! It would be nice though if they would identify which of the cocktail waitresses are the sluttiest, at my age I do try to conserve my energy!

For a short day (Wet?) I'm recommending playing with the 327/ 364/ 329 and the back-roads between them, lunch recommendation would be Lachute.Or A quick run to Lac Superieur Saint Donat and down to Saint Adele.
The backroad run to St. Donat/St. Adele on the 329 and back is about 2 hours all told - that IS a short day. You can stop at Cal's for a salty, overcheesed Pizza if you wind up there - I prefer their subs.

BTW - The $109 is not that big a deal - first of all that is PLUS tax . . . . which makes it $130+ a night no meals included.