12 K spark plug change

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krotchrocketgrampa

Reaction score
just changed plugs out for iridium plugs, used print out from FJR Tech, excellent info and easy to follow instructions and pics,thanks to this great site

thanks FJr Forum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

I discovered when I changed mine at 10k miles the bike performed much better. Congrats! Be thankful you don't have a beemer so that you don't have to take it to the dealer for this. Now go spend hours reading in NEPRT when to change the iridiums.

I have read many posts and opinions regarding plug change interval. Personally, I have always felt that even 8000 miles is a VERY short time for a set of plugs to last in any state of the art engine design. My Ford plugs are designed to go 100k miles! I just swapped my FJR's plugs out today after 15K miles. The old plugs still looked just fine and would likely go another 15K+ miles easily with no problem. I noticed no changes or improved performance with the new plugs installed. I don't see why Yamaha would instruct to change them at such close intervals. I know the new plugs will be in there at least until 35k miles from my current experience. I find it curious also that so many owners have such different findings on this topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found that a slice of French Silk pie, cooled to about 40-42 degrees, is much more satisfying than the placebo effect a $25 set of spark plugs gives me.

Latest posts