WFO9 - Eureka CA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dcarver

Reaction score
Day One - Hondarosa to the Highlander's

The trip starts. MCML arrived the night before departure. Much food and drink. We decided to make hotel reservations after imbibing. Not always good, but it worked out great this time, stay tuned. BTW, MCML is a lady killer. Trust me. Had I known now what I didn't know then, no way would I allow my gal to get this close to the stallion.. (hey, what's the hand location about, eh?)

DSC06874.jpg

First stop, in true CBA style, was, oh, about 30 miles west of the Hondarosa - Kitty's in Morro Bay..

DSC06877.jpg

Next stop, oh, about 30 miles north on highway 1, to snooker lookies at the sealies.

DSC06879.jpg

This guy reminded me of Old Michael! :dribble:

DSC06880.jpg

DSC06883.jpg

DSC06886.jpg

DSC06888.jpg

Another 25 miles and it's time for a pottie stop. Too much coffee at Kittie's. Ragged Point, on CA 1.

DSC06890.jpg

Road construction would be a common theme on this ride.

DSC06891.jpg

Ms. dcarver's long time friend.

DSC06894.jpg

Finally, arrival at the Highlander's - oh nooo, more good food, drinks and much laughter! :yahoo:

Oh, this was the start of the the 'Big Deck' hillarity later up in Eureka!

DSC06897.jpg

DSC06898.jpg

DSC06899.jpg

Nice deck, Highlander!

DSC06901.jpg

Nice bike too!

DSC06904.jpg

Ok then, you caption this one! (oh baby, oh baby, what nice firm ones you have? :yahoo: )

DSC06905.jpg

DSC06913.jpg

DSC06914.jpg

...to be continued

Last edited by a moderator:
Day Two - Highlander's to Gualala, CA

Every day should start with a good friend and a map..

DSC06918.jpg

Leaving the hill's of the HighLander domain..

DSC06922.jpg

Lot's of fog was a routine element of this ride too. There really is a town down there somewhere..

DSC06935.jpg

DSC06938.jpg

DSC06939.jpg

DSC06941.jpg

Where the heck are we?

DSC06943.jpg

Name the location if you can...

DSC06947.jpg

Ms Dcarver on the GroupW bench! :rofl:

DSC06956.jpg

Oh Look!

DSC06959.jpg

DSC06961.jpg

DSC06963.jpg

DSC06969.jpg

We crossed the GayBayBridge...

DSC06972.jpg

DSC06975.jpg

DSC06978.jpg

..and ended up at Nic's Cove, Tomales Bay CA on highway 1. Great place, friendly peeps, EXCELLENT food.

DSC06979.jpg

Ms Dcarver and the fisher dude..

DSC06980.jpg

DSC06983.jpg

DSC06984.jpg

There's a pier that ends in a hut like thing that had really cool old stuff there..

DSC06987.jpg

DSC06988.jpg

DSC06989.jpg

Ms dCarver yaks it up with the manager, a really nice guy who has made all the proper decisions for his family.. left the big city and opportunities for better education for his kid and better life for the family. Got to respect that..

DSC06992.jpg

And look who rolls up? The Highlanders! They left after we did, cause they are slaves to the man and had to work a half day, :rofl:

DSC06994.jpg

DSC06997.jpg

DSC07000.jpg

We ran across really friendly peeps and business's on this trip - this is Bone's in Gualala CA

DSC07004.jpg

DSC07005.jpg

DSC07009.jpg

See what I mean about MCML, the stallion? Notice how I'm tossed to the side like an old worn out shoe.. :unsure:

DSC07011.jpg

If you ever have the chance, stay at this hotel. The manager, Erik Bennett, is a great guy. VERY motobike friendly place. They put a fresh towel on your bike before you wake to clean with. The provide a microfiber cloth in the room to clean your helmet and shield. He was very interested to learn what else could be done for the motobike club. I suggested small spray bottles with envio cleaner for bike windshields, mirrors, chrome, etc. My bet is it will soon be done. Stop by if you can.

DSC07019.jpg

..to be continued

Day Three - Gualala Ca to Eureka, CA

Somebody has to ride these roads..

DSC07023.jpg

and see these beaches. We ran across a Shakespearean actor learning his lines here. He was a bit, uh, different, but a nice guy.

DSC07026.jpg

MCML considers the theory of evolution and wonders if the waitress will appear from the waves...

DSC07028.jpg

Neat old wooden tressel.

DSC07031.jpg

DSC07035.jpg

Where or what is this? Name it and win a prize. Keep it clean boyz n' gurlz.. :lol:

DSC07044.jpg

Ok too late, the location is revealed!

DSC07048.jpg

Arriving at the Red Lion, Eureka. Let the games begin! StinkyBigPants (notice the erect camera lense?) and Ms dCarver.

DSC07053.jpg

DSC07055.jpg

Mr. and Mrs. FjRay

DSC07056.jpg

Fairlaner and Ms dCarver

DSC07057.jpg

Nieheart

DSC07058.jpg

Escapfjrst or something like that. Call him George.

DSC07059.jpg

The unconquerable Petey. If you want to have fun, try to determine a conversation between Fairlaner and Petey, jes sayin'..

DSC07060.jpg

DSC07061.jpg

Mrs. Bluestreek and her hot, hot, hot hat!

DSC07065.jpg

On to the nightlife :unsure:

The brain trust table..

DSC07069.jpg

The Hcycles

DSC07072.jpg

Rob and Terry (what is there handle? jeesh, too many things to remember..)

DSC07073.jpg

Rog n' Deb ps, Rog LOVES cats! :wacko:

DSC07075.jpg

MadMike2 in rare form!

DSC07076.jpg

DSC07081.jpg

DSC07084.jpg

I have no idea how Dolly got up there, really!

DSC07087.jpg

...to be continued

Day Three - Eureka day ride and Party

Over the last three exhausting days we had ridden almost 600 miles. Ms dCarver wanted a rest day, and I wanted to ride. Fairlaner invited me on a ride but I declined when it was morbidly apparent excessive testosterone and penis envy was at stake. So I had planned a solo ride based on a route Fairlaner and MadMike had generated.

At breakfast, ran across Niehart, Panman, George of the Jungle aka fjrescpaeartist or whaterverthehellhishandleis and, once they realized I had a MAP they wanted to go. So went to 4.

Somehow, 4 went 8. RuhRohRollie, this group is getting big. One dropped out when he heard the temps would exceed 64F, so back to 7. Niehart, a guy I've not ridden with, but who I know by rep as being a solid and thinking man's rider, volunteered to run sweep. K7Volvo, or whateverthehellhishandleis, Luis, had a radio, and the bike to bike really helped keep the group together. I slotted him midpack.

And off we went. Oh damn, another beautiful day to ride motobikes on roads not yet ridden! :yahoo:

The base route was 299E to 3S to 36W to 101N and back to the barn.

DSC07090.jpg

299E was a bit of a slog. It's a main road from Redding? to Eureka, had 28 miles of construction zone. At a rest stop, I asked the group how they felt about crossing double yellows - the response was 'only if entirely safe'. I can live with that, literally. So we slow poked, and I was careful to not grab a pass that the entire group or at least half the group could not make. And so it went.

Finally, on a huge uphill, the 3 trucks ahead ground down to a first gear pace.

"I've been soo good for soooooo long" I radioed to Luis.

"I can't take it anymore" and with that put the trucks into quick dispatch. Then waited and ran a slow pace for the crew to get by too.

DSC07100.jpg

DSC07101.jpg

DSC07104.jpg

Not many pix of the best part of the road, 3, as it was simply too much fun to ride. Eventually we hit 36, and I had to stop. The only other time I was here was with Tim, TwoWheelNut, and Barabus. A flood of nice and warm memories washed and cleansed my soul. :fuck: Hugs n' Kisses Timmie.

113-Timreadytodothedeed-1.jpg

DSC07107.jpg

DSC07108.jpg

Niehart

DSC07109.jpg

K7Vulva or whateverthehellhishandleis - Luis

DSC07110.jpg

Fred, aka juniorfjr or whateverthehellhishandleis :rolleyes:

DSC07111.jpg

Panman showing how to hula dance an FJR without the FJR!

DSC07112.jpg

DSC07115.jpg

Hudson

DSC07116.jpg

Girl with nice boobies taking hamburger orders. Gawd, she was slow, but who the hell cares? :exhappysmiley:

DSC07118.jpg

Truck driver guy waiting for his big rig tire to be replaced.

"600 dollars for the service call from Redding, $450 for the tire. Not much profit in today's run"

DSC07120.jpg

DSC07122.jpg

DSC07123.jpg

DSC07126.jpg

DSC07130.jpg

DSC07135.jpg

DSC07137.jpg

DSC07140.jpg

DSC07141.jpg

DSC07142.jpg

DSC07144.jpg

Closing comment -

Thanks to all the riders on this ride, seriously. We had a good pace, everyone paid respect to the laws of physics and personal abilities. I did not see anyone unintentionally cross the double yellow due to a blown line and didn't see any white line dancing either. For those that know, I'm really reluctant to ride in groups much less lead a group. This group rocked - thanks again for not ruining my ride due to sheer stupidity.

...to be continued

Day 4 - What day is this? Wow, I'm having a GREAT time!

Somehow, not quiet sure, but breakfast for the old farts rolled around at the Samoa sp? house. One waitress for 25+ hungry peeps = no problems! Boy oh boy, that gal was GOOD!

DSC07201.jpg

Speaking of good women.. Tyler, you ROCK!

DSC07204.jpg

Longrider and Kwanajawdge get chuckles from a foto. Sidenote - It was really cool to see a grandpa and grandson on a riding adventure. It gives hope and future to the sport and is just great to see from a human perspective. Both are really cool peeps.

DSC07205.jpg

I'm not sure Tyler is buying what KJ just put out as 'fact'.. :unsure:

DSC07206.jpg

Neat place this Samoa House..

DSC07207.jpg

DSC07211.jpg

DSC07217.jpg

Met BikerGeek and the entirely better half! He has a great RR titled 'Milestones'. If you've not read it, get going slackers..

DSC07223.jpg

...and don't forget to wash your ANUS before returning to work!

DSC07225.jpg

DSC07226.jpg

Back a the hotel, peeps were heading out for another ride. Ms dCarver and I decided to chill and see what the day brought.

Ignacio, on the other hand, had been out bird hunting...

DSC07227.jpg

Ryan and Jeanette were heading out..

DSC07228.jpg

Of course, smart-assed forum peeps saw the 1 and 2 fingers and had to add in...

DSC07229.jpg

Which lead too... well, geeesh, you get the idea...

DSC07230.jpg

Tyler - they say the eyes are the window to the soul, and you, my dear, are wonderful. We wish you all the wonderful things life has to offer, especially with your new perspectives.

DSC07232.jpg

Sam the Man!

DSC07234.jpg

03SilverBullet - what a great riding suit that is - and OBTW, that's Tim's FJR. Ride on Steve, you do Tim proud - said one rider of Tim's bikes to the other. We are an elite group.

DSC07236.jpg

DSC07237.jpg

Ms dCarver tried to get an action shot of me sleeping...

DSC07239.jpg

Foolish gurl....

DSC07240.jpg

OldMichael

DSC07243.jpg

ExSkiBum

DSC07244.jpg

MadMike2 without ATGATT! OMG! The world is ENDING!

DSC07246.jpg

The infamous bike lineup starts. Talk about herding cats..

DSC07251.jpg

DSC07256.jpg

DSC07260.jpg

DSC07265.jpg

And that's all me and Niehart have to say about THAT!

DSC07273.jpg

..to be continued

Yep, we had a good time! Couldn't ask for a better bunch to tear up the pavement with. Thanks for leading, and for taking the pictures.

Is this the best pic??? :p

Girl with nice boobies taking hamburger orders. Gawd, she was slow, but who the hell cares? :exhappysmiley:
DSC07118.jpg
Notice where the guys are looking? I guess they already know what's on the menu - and what isn't... :D

BTW -- how was that Cowgirl hamburger? -_- That local beef seems to be prime stuff...

The final stretch

Well, I have to work tomorrow, and I've spent hours on this already - and still don't have the video ready or even started. Onward we go!

Tyler presented a heartfelt 'Thank You' to the community for assisting with her recovery. Nary a dry eye was to be found. Fortunately, some peeps had off color comments to get us chuckling again, even after Kaitsdad read a roll call of missing and lost forever members.

DSC07279.jpg

MadMike2

DSC07281.jpg

Madmike2 and Tyler enjoy a warm moment.

DSC07284.jpg

Dean Tanji presented a most excellent preview of his new video documenting the last Iron Butt Rally. It was truly good and I'm buying a copy.

DSC07287.jpg

Even better was watching Ignacio when the presentation hit the screen. I was watching, knowing that competitors are competitors.. when I see a MX race, even on TV, the adrenaline starts to flow. Think this happened to Iggie? :rolleyes:

DSC07289.jpg

Tyler had brought 'special' presents for MadMike2. Now then, how to get Mike's ticket number so it could be 'accidentally drawn'? What happens in Eureka...

DSC07291.jpg

JB, Hans, won an air filter! He also gave a great presentation on the riding tribes, customs, rituals, and social somethingortheother!

DSC07292.jpg

Oh Canada! This gal, sorry, I don't recall your name, (France!) but whe ROCKED! Solo rider, really fun spirit, ready for anything life has to offer. You go Sistah!

DSC07293.jpg

And then, Sunday rolled around, and it was time to go home. We left at a lesiurely 8:30 or so, and found the Highlanders riding home! Woot Woot! All I can say is that this was the first time Ms dCarver has ever split lanes and I got a genuine (and LOUD) holler out of her once! :rofl:

DSC07295.jpg

There were old cars heading back from the car show in Fortuna.

DSC07297.jpg

DSC07299.jpg

DSC07302.jpg

Laguna Seca motogp was this weekend, and the riders heading North had a helluva bad run ahead of them.. the traffic was like this for miles and miles.

DSC07305.jpg

I'm going to end this thread with a pix for my bud Niehart..

DSC07303.jpg

I want to thank the organizers for this WFO, especially Hal, KaitsDad. I can't imagaine the amount of work involved to pull something like this off. Kudos to all, we had a great time and fully appreciate your efforts.

for TWN -
:fuck:

Hugs n' Kisses

Yep, we had a good time! Couldn't ask for a better bunch to tear up the pavement with. Thanks for leading, and for taking the pictures.
Is this the best pic??? :p

DSC07118.jpg
Notice where the guys are looking? I guess they already know what's on the menu - and what isn't... :D

BTW -- how was that Cowgirl hamburger? -_- That local beef seems to be prime stuff...
Beemerdons, Gregory and I stopped at that same booby burger shack and enjoyed the wonderful view as well. Those are the things mammaries memories are made of!

FABulous report, DC, and so nice to meet Shauna... you're lucky she puts up with you... ;) Oh, and I think I still owe you another slap or two upside the head just for good measure... why? Because I can. :D

Carver, it was a really awesome ride that you led. You can lead the PNW Crew anytime. Folks, if you want to know how to properly lead a ride, follow Carver's lead.:

1. Explain the rules of the group, reinforce sanity

2. Stop every hour to let the group rest.

3. Ask about the pace, and make sure people are not in over their heads.

4. Lead a brisk, fast, heart-pumping run, but make sure the group is riding their own ride.

Hwy 3 was just epic for me. I had come off the run from Cave Junction to Happy Camp the day before, and didn't think it would be topped. But lo and behold, the 3-36 route was just splendid, the hightlight of the trip for me.

Nice going, Don. Thanks for the excellent time. C'mon up to the PNW and let us repay the favor.

Outstanding and Fantastic Ride Report and Photographs, dcarver; Thank You Very Much! There are certainly some wonderful folks here on our FJR Forum and the FJR Events are memorable!!!

Are Petey and Nosecone hitting every FJR Event this year?! Met them both at CFR - good peeps!

Status
Not open for further replies.