Where to get the "Yamaha" label?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donkey rider

Reaction score
Believe it or not, but someone stole the "Yamaha" label from the rubber strip on a saddle bag cover from my bike yesterday, while it was parked by my office in Manhattan.

Does anybody know where I can find one?

Thanks!

If you get lucky, hopefully someone here on the forum has a dinged up saddle back that he can scavenge it from. Otherwise, I would turn to one of the online OEM part suppliers like Bike Bandit. The bummer is that little bit of rubber / plastic isn't cheap IIRC. I looked into buying one when repairing / repainting one of my saddlebags this past winter. I was able to salvage one from an old saddlebag.

Good luck! ^_^

I just went through this a month ago. My new-to-me '05 was missing one of these labels when I picked it up.

You can buy just the little "Yamaha" label from any online OEM parts place. I got mine from Ron Ayers. IIRC it was less than $10 and is self-adhesive. Took me all of a minute to replace my missing one once it came in the mail. I can look up the exact part number later if you are having problems finding it.

I found this Yamaha dealer has the cheapest price for OEM parts, the part you are looking for is $5.43.

check out yamahasportsplaza.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe it or not, but someone stole the "Yamaha" label from the rubber strip on a saddle bag cover from my bike yesterday, while it was parked by my office in Manhattan.

Thanks!
I'm not sure some one stole the thing,mine just feel off the bike one day while setting in the shed.

I think the cheap ass glue they used just couldn't take the heat of summer.

I'm not sure some one stole the thing,mine just feel off the bike one day while setting in the shed.I think the cheap ass glue they used just couldn't take the heat of summer.
+1 :angry:

My right bag "label" when MIA this past week. Frankly I think the leftover glue residue hunky and gnarly looking. :)

Thanks, all, for the advices!

I've checked a few websites, as well as Yamaha's own, and the logos are "backordered" pretty much everywhere I went... :( Gonna try my luck with a few local dealers this week.

ditto the other comments. Unless you looked at it just before you walked away from the bike, I would say the thing just fell off like the rest of ours. Easy to buy and replace. I bought two when I went through this so that I would have it when it happens again.

Howdy,

It just so happens that I replaced a somewhat destroyed Left Bag two days ago.

The strip you're looking for is in great shape ('09 - 10K)

I was planning to post and see if any salvage parts might benefit others here.

If you're still in the market, please let me know. Not looking to get rich... Looking to help fellow Feejers...

Scott

Howdy,
It just so happens that I replaced a somewhat destroyed Left Bag two days ago.

The strip you're looking for is in great shape ('09 - 10K)

I was planning to post and see if any salvage parts might benefit others here.

If you're still in the market, please let me know. Not looking to get rich... Looking to help fellow Feejers...

Scott
Thanks, but I'll pass. The Gen II sticker is too slow and heavy for my 04. :rofl:

>> "Thanks, but I'll pass. The Gen II sticker is too slow and heavy for my 04. :rofl: " <<

Ooohhh Howie, I wish I could get up out of my Office chair faster... Guess I'll hafata pick up a couple older stickers...

That might fix what ails me - EH?!? <Big Grin>

Scotts

Got my new stickers and saddle bag liners last week - AWESOME! Thanks to all for the advices! :)

I noticed last week when I took the cover off, that the tuning fork logo on the topcase had slid down about an inch and the right bag logo was gone. I guess they just can't handle the heat. :(

Thanks!
just steal one off another!

I guess I'm the other end of the spectrum, but I'm wondering if anybody has pulled the tuning fork circle from the gas tank. I just bought an '06 and don't care for the raised logo sticker. I'm thinking of throwing the heat to it and seeing if it'll come off.

Last edited by a moderator: