Roadrunner Roadrunner runs down the road all day..

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bungie

FrostBack #2 - IBA # 44620
Reaction score
It started when one rainy night when I realized that WCR on Vancouver Island, SW-FOG in New Mexico and NAFO in Tennessee were on 3 consecutive weekends. How cool would it be string them together. I'd mentioned it to Rob (FJRob1300 and the guy who have I travelled well over 25Km with over the past couple of years) and got a little glimmer of a good idea. Flash forward to about a month ago when I mentioned it on Facebook again. Rob's interested. Still, pipe dream of a ride but the seed was stuck in the ground... Next thing I know, Rob tells me he can do it! I can do it, I've taken the summer off for personal reasons and I've got a bit of money banked. I won't be able to take another trip like this for the foreseeable future - my god, the planets aligned!

Out of the blue, Tom (Huron52) shows some interest. He would have to clear it with work yada yada.. I tell myself Tom's just going through the motions hoping he can do it.

An email arrives.. he's in!

The bikes are prepped and two of us went to the darkside for the trip. Come and join us as we travel west, visiting the Black Hills, Devils Tower, Chief Joseph Highway, Beartooth Pass, Glacier National Park, hop back into Canada and run the Ice Fields Parkway between Banff and Jasper then onto beautiful Vancouver Island. From there, we head south through the North Cascades, Hells Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park, the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and finally onto Taos. We then head into the sun to Knoxville, we might run the best of Ozarks, or, we might hit up the southern States. The roads open to place our bid in.

The 3 of us are T-24hrs for departure. I'll try and update on the road when WiFi is available and time allows. It might be spotty though as we intend on camping when possible.

Time to get packed. Here's the Stalk Tracker linky if were passing by close to you, by all means, take a run out and intercept us.

The bikes are prepped and two of us went to the darkside for the trip. Come and join us as we travel west, visiting the Black Hills, Devils Tower, Chief Joseph Highway, Beartooth Pass, Glacier National Park, hop back into Canada and run the Ice Fields Parkway between Banff and Jasper then onto beautiful Vancouver Island. From there, we head south through the North Cascades, Hells Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park, the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and finally onto Taos. We then head into the sun to Knoxville, we might run the best of Ozarks, or, we might hit up the southern States. The roads open to place our bid in.
The 3 of us are T-24hrs for departure. I'll try and update on the road when WiFi is available and time allows. It might be spotty though as we intend on camping when possible.

Time to get packed. Here's the Stalk Tracker linky if were passing by close to you, by all means, take a run out and intercept us.
You guys have a blast...we are gonna be out that way in a week Look for a Burgundy (i mean Black Cherry) FJR with MASS plates riding 2 up.

Willie

Wow...Damn you all to hell for all your good fortune. that's great!

Looking forward to you rubbing it in with the ride reports! :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...mp;#entry783431 Atencion: Los Canadiense Tres Amigos! Can you guys transport Miss Dolly from WCR to SW-FOG 2010 and on to NAFO? Por favor! She comes in her own small duffel bag that can be put on the rear seat with tie downs. Don't open the bag, she may be "sticky" from ShinyPartsUp! SPU is going to cry like a baby when you take Dolly away!

It's very likely you'll pass within 500 yards of my house on the way to NAFO, if you happen to be cruising east on I40 on your way to NAFO, which I will be unable to attend this year, but am already making plans for next year. I'm on the assistance list, so feel free to ring me up as you're passing by if you want to have a beer/break/whatever.

Sincerely,

Robert (aka Insanely Jealous)

Youz guyz ride safe and have an awesome trip!

I'll be stalking you 'til we see ya at NAFO.

And get a hair cut, damn hippies...

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...mp;#entry783431 Atencion: Los Canadiense Tres Amigos! Can you guys transport Miss Dolly from WCR to SW-FOG 2010 and on to NAFO? Por favor! She comes in her own small duffel bag that can be put on the rear seat with tie downs. Don't open the bag, she may be "sticky" from ShinyPartsUp! SPU is going to cry like a baby when you take Dolly away!
I'm gonna say ya no problem. I figure after several weeks on the road, Dolly will be one sore little ewe. Keep in mind were going to be camping and loaded for bear. Hey, how much room can one sticky sheep take?

I don't know your timing through BC guys, but there are lots beds at our place in the Okanagan if you're tired of camping by that point!

PM me or e-mail at ddykesATwesternsuretyDOTca, all my contact info is on the FJR assistance list.

We'll be leaving here on Wednesday to take Steve and Cindy (Bluestreek) to Parksville the scenic way (Duffy Lake Road). We'll probably overnight near Pemberton or Whistler then have an easy ride to the ferry on Thursday.

Ride safe y'all!

I'm gonna say ya no problem. I figure after several weeks on the road, Dolly will be one sore little ewe. Keep in mind were going to be camping and loaded for bear. Hey, how much room can one sticky sheep take?
Bungie, we could submit ShinyPartsUp for a sperm count; but really, does anyone here on our FJR Forum want to know the exact answer to that sordid question. Oh, Triple Yucko!!!

That little slut!! I don't know if I even wanna see her again..

I know damn well I'm not raising no kid of hers. :angry2:

:fuck:

:jester:

:jester:

I'll be stalking your walla site too.

Have a great trip guys, and see you down in Tennessee. Should be a metric buttload of great stories by then

Latest posts