AE shifting Settings

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCA

Reaction score
Hi, afther 16000 miles the shift feel has changed, most when changing from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 and only when up shifthing, before it was easyer to change at the right rev. now it`s more likely to shift hard (as if a standard clutch was released to quick) the shifting is a bit smoother the first mile in the morning when the engine is stone cold.

When the engine has normale operating temp. The shifting gets smoother the harder I accelerate when shifting.

I know it`s possible to alther the clutch engaging in relation to rpm/clutch engaging point. Can also timing of shifting, clutch, gear shift or engine timing be adjusted, to optimise the sync. of the clutch and gear shift?

I tried to adjust the engagement point RPM down, but found that the DISengagement point is what really changed. This makes low speed maneuvers easier on the AE but I noted no change in the 1700 (approx) RPM engagement point.

What is the RPM at which the clutch engages on your AE? Has it changed from the time you thought it was engaging correctly?

I tried to adjust the engagement point RPM down, but found that the DISengagement point is what really changed. This makes low speed maneuvers easier on the AE but I noted no change in the 1700 (approx) RPM engagement point.
What is the RPM at which the clutch engages on your AE? Has it changed from the time you thought it was engaging correctly?
Hi, yes I think it has changed slightly to higher rpm, but the biggest difference is the "time it takes" before the clutch is fully released after change from 1 to 2. gear.

If it was some body changing with a standard clutch I would say they waited to long whit releasing the clutch, and had to low engine rpm when the clutch engaged.

The low speed handling and disengage point is perfect and has not changed, it is only the the gear changes 1-2-3. and mostly in speeds around 30-50 mph.

The transmission is the same in the A and the AE, so you may want to look at some of the clutch plate threads here too.

The AE has a second CPU for the YCCS and I have not heard of adjustments other than the RPM setting.

Did you recently change oil?

High-efficiency oil with viscosity enhancers used by mistake?

You could try an oil change with an oil recommended by Forum members (countless NEPRT threads to look at) before tearing things apart or changing clutch engagament/disengagement RPM.