What I Learned At Sw-Fog

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyderbret

Reaction score
My trip this year was a mixed bag for sure but I did learn a few things....

1) It's best to check tire pressure and fuel level the night before a ride, not day of if you are on a schedule.... (Had to give you s**t Adam!)

2) Cows in the road can look mysteriously like moose in the right light... (or lack thereof...)

3) Patch308 is a poor judge of distance..... 200 yards is more like 200 meters, right HRZ?!

4) Horses are rude too.... (I had weird luck with animals this weekend...)

5) Getting food poisoning the first night of SW-FOG really sucks!!!!!

6) ScooterG is a nice and thoughtful guy.... (contrary to popular belief... Thanks Greg!!)

I really had a great time and was totally bummed that I couldn't make the Saturday ride or dinner. However, I will for sure be back next year to enjoy the festivities.

And Don, if my vote counts at all I vote for Colorado for next years SW-FOG location. My home state you know.....

So what did you all learn?!!!

1) I learned that if you adjust your own Throttle Bodies, if they are set too rich your FJR will not want to idle and will continuously die when starting off at higher elevations and the ECU will not compensate for it.

2) If your rear brake pedal almost touches the ground when depressed, it usually means your rear brake is not working.

3) I learned that when you see glasses flying through the air towards you at a high rate of speed, it is likely they will hand on the ground right in front of your front tire, crushing them to pieces.

4) I learned that regardless of the kidding you receive for installing a car tire on your bike, you won’t get stopped for traveling 83mph in a 45mph zone!

5) If you decide to ride off a curb, do so at a speed you will surely clear the concrete with your exhaust header.

6) I learned that locking you’re steering when calling it a day will prevent your bike from being rolled away by night clowns lurking in the darkness.

7) I learned that even a poor helpless stuffed Sheep is not safe being around a “nice and thoughtful guy”!

8) I learned not to answer your door in your underwear when it’s being vigorously pounded on in the middle of the night by a drunk swat team with drunk friends!

9) I learned not to expect Bust-a-Nut Joker to be sober…………ever!

10) And lastly, I learned that when you volunteer to have several dozen shirts ordered, it’s probably best to make sure the person doing the work can spell.

Google Latitude is an awesome tool (for FREE no less)

Navigation systems are a great ally and very big pain in the ass if they stop working (mine whet DOA on me)

600+ miles on a stock seat gives you a sore ass

Camel back hydration systems are freaking awesome.

as long as Internet enabled devises are around stupid actions will be recorded.

And Rent-a-cop should know there places

Last edited by a moderator:
Toas is a new place that I never heard of before. Secret meetings are held there evidently so that when people google Toas, NM, google takes them to Taos, NM...and your meeting place remains secret.

Let's seeeeeeeee...

I learned:

...Patch and Galaxy Blue can drink a LOT.

...Big-D and Beemerdons sleep in tighty whiteys (and it is not pretty) :blink:

...the next time I have Romo do something, I'm gonna have to stand over him like a child to prevent him from fucking up a four letter word like Taos.

...I'm also gonna have to teach Romo to count.

...if I ride in the middle of the group, I don't get pulled over. :eek:

...Canadians are still very feminine. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

...Alcohol will make me do sheepish things.

...Sheep are much softer than Armadillos, and much more available in NM.

Here are the three things I learned at SW-FOG 2010 in Toas, Nuevo Mexico: 1) While Big-D may have been the Rally Master and Papa Chuy may have been the Ride Leader, HotRodZilla was definitely The Master of Ceremonies at SW-FOG 2010; he kept the entire group laughing and yakking the whole time!!!

2) HotRodZilla absolutely holds the Title of FJR Guy Numero Uno; his rescue of DUMBASS GalaxyBlue Adam was way above and beyond the call of duty! +1!

3) The fine folks of our FJR Forum are truly Greatest Motorcyclists in the World: Los Reyes del Mundo. Funny, informative and all around fantastico!

What I learned:

1 Big D and Beemerdons are pretty good guys and deserve a lot of thanks for putting on such a great meet.

2 There are a lot of great folks out there riding FJR's

3 Toas is a wonderful, mystical place to ride a motorcycle but can't be found by those who don't know where it is

4 Hotrodzilla is crazy

5 wearing a Mohawk on your helmet attracts wasps to your nipples

6 it is damn sure well worth your time to go to SW-FOG

7 I should have ordered a shirt

What I learned:

1 Big D and Beemerdons are pretty good guys and deserve a lot of thanks for putting on such a great meet.

2 There are a lot of great folks out there riding FJR's

3 Toas is a wonderful, mystical place to ride a motorcycle but can't be found by those who don't know where it is

4 Hotrodzilla is an idiot who should know better

5 wearing a Mohawk on your helmet attracts wasps to your nipples

6 it is damn sure well worth your time to go to SW-FOG

7 I should have ordered a shirt

Ok man...Made one correction for you. I keep wondering when my wife is gonna stop shaking her head at me. I donno why she acts surprised. I was like this when she met me.

As far as the shirt is concerned, if you want one, send me a PM. I'll add your name to the new list and get you one sent out.

I Learned

1. They have been spelling Toas wrong all this time

2. The air at the Rio Grande gorge bridge smells "really good!"

3. There is such a thing as a Ghost Chili

4. Our fine Govoner is, in fact a piece of crap, who has recievied a knuckle noogy from a bar maid in public!

5. I can ride as fast with a rider on back as I can alone, maybe faster!

6. Not everyone thinks Newer Mexico is a deasert anymore.

7. Don't try to eat at the hotel resturant when one of the family members has passed away recently.

8. Dolly was even more popular then I had heard rumors of.

9. HRZ and Patch are really good to have around. They told some really funny stories and helped out in "other" ways as well.

10. Driving off curbs, busting your oil pan, leaking body fluid in front of Harley riders, trying to get your scooter fixed on Monday, trying to get it home,Can end well with the right group of people in close contact. FJR riders are just good people.

1) I learned that if you adjust your own Throttle Bodies, if they are set too rich your FJR will not want to idle and will continuously die when starting off at higher elevations and the ECU will not compensate for it.

2) If your rear brake pedal almost touches the ground when depressed, it usually means your rear brake is not working.

3) I learned that when you see glasses flying through the air towards you at a high rate of speed, it is likely they will hand on the ground right in front of your front tire, crushing them to pieces.

4) I learned that regardless of the kidding you receive for installing a car tire on your bike, you won't get stopped for traveling 83mph in a 45mph zone!

5) If you decide to ride off a curb, do so at a speed you will surely clear the concrete with your exhaust header.

6) I learned that locking you're steering when calling it a day will prevent your bike from being rolled away by night clowns lurking in the darkness.

7) I learned that even a poor helpless stuffed Sheep is not safe being around a "nice and thoughtful guy"!

8) I learned not to answer your door in your underwear while being vigorously pounded in the middle of the night by a drunk.

10) And lastly, I learned that when you volunteer to have several dozen shirts ordered, it's probably best to make sure the person doing the work can spell.

That #8.

That's sorta troubling, D.

4) I learned that regardless of the kidding you receive for installing a car tire on your bike, you won't get stopped for traveling 83mph in a 45mph zone!

6) I learned that locking you're steering when calling it a day will prevent your bike from being rolled away by night clowns lurking in the darkness.

7) I learned that even a poor helpless stuffed Sheep is not safe being around a "nice and thoughtful guy"!

8) I learned not to answer your door in your underwear while being vigorously pounded in the middle of the night by a drunk.

10) And lastly, I learned that when you volunteer to have several dozen shirts ordered, it's probably best to make sure the person doing the work can spell.

That #8.

That's sorta troubling, D.

That's right. They don't do those things in California, do they? Let those AZ boys show you how it's done.