EOM '11

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score

FJR Eastern Owners Meet (EOM)

22-25 September 2011

Cumberland Falls State Resort Park, Corbin, KY

Ok folks, here we go. The initial framework is has been put in place for EOM 2011. Mark your calendars, submit your vacation time, and order a set of tires (or three…). For 2011, we'll be setting up 'camp' at the Cumberland Falls State Resort Park located near Corbin, Kentucky. Not only are the roads and scenery exceptional, there's a lot for the outdoor enthusiast as well, including hiking, horseback guided trail rides, fishing, rafting, and swimming.

Lodging options include Dupont Lodge rooms, Woodland rooms, Cottages, and camping (both tent and RV sites). The Riverview restaurant on site serves breakfast and dinner daily with a great view of the Cumberland River.

Check out their website: Cumberland Falls State Resort Park

The resort will be ready for reservations soon. You will be able to make reservations via their website and front desk. We will add the contact information once the front desk is ready for reservations. Of course, there will be a website for registration, but not until sometime in early spring.

Spread the word. EOM has grown into too good of an event to be kept a secret. If you know someone who's as passionate about riding as we are, nudge 'em, drag 'em, bring 'em. Although the FJR is our sport touring weapon of choice, it's the ride that draws us together. And oh the riding will be so good!! Let's continue to build and expand the camaraderie that the road brings.

Look for more details in early spring 2011. You can count on Dinner and swag for Saturday night, socializing throughout, and the opportunity to travel some of the best darn goat trails around!! We hope that the early date and location announcement will help those who need to submit vacation time at the beginning of the year, and for everyone else, help plan out your summer rally schedule.

There's even rumor of a "bikini" bike wash this year…

Wayne

Just the facts, please:

What: EOM '11

When: 22-25 September 2011

Where: Cumberland Falls State Resort Park, Corbin, KY

7351 Highway 90

Corbin, KY 40701-8857

Telephone: (606) 528-4121

Toll-free: (800) 325-0063

Lodging rates and information:

Dupont Lodge Rooms: $99

Woodland Rooms: $119

Cottages $119 - $249

Camp sites: $15 - ** Reservations for Campsites is handled through Reserve America at 1-888-459-7275 **

The cottages offer a good opportunity to lower your cost per night for lodging if attendee's share one. Most of these cabins have 2 bedrooms /w 2 queen beds in each bedroom, plus a pull out couch. Up to 5 people could split one of the cabins, which would drive your cost per night for lodging considerable lower. There are also Dupont Lodge rooms with 2 beds as well, both in smoking and non-smoking options.

Added 21 November 2010:

Cumberland Falls is ready to accept reservations now, info added.

Again, I stress that the best option for many may be to split a cabin amoung 4-5 riders. This will keep your cost per night to a minimum. Also, read the reservation policy; Kentucky Parks require a deposit (charged at the time the reservation is made) equal to one night's stay (including tax).

Registration info: Online registration is now available. Please click on the hyperlink included to access the following group's page.

Group Name: FJREOM-Eastern Owners Meet
Meeting: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - Sunday, September 25, 2011

Group Access:
Group ID: 8641
Password: 496052196

Or call the front desk at: 800-325-0063 (ensure you state you're with the FJR group)

Reservation Policy from the registration page, please read.

Please be advised that the Kentucky Department of Parks requires a deposit equal to one night's room and tax. This deposit will be charged to your credit card when the reservation is made.

Cancellation policy is 7 days prior to your arrival date in order for the deposit to be refunded.
Pets are not permitted in any overnight accommodations.

***************Please notice****************
Due to our beautiful hilltop location, some of our cabins and woodland accommodations may have a number of stair steps leading into them (with no elevator). If anyone in your party has limited abilities concerning stairs, please note accordingly in
your reservation comments during the reservation process or reserve a room that is accessible to handicap (ADA).

Checkout time for lodge rooms is 12 noon. Checkout time for cottages is 11 a.m.
Accommodations may not be available for check-in until late afternoon (After 4PM).
Please check with the front desk upon arrival.

All accommodations are within a mile from viewing the "Niagara of the South".

Thank you for choosing Cumberland Falls State Resort Park! Please let us know if we can assist you in any way!

**UPDATE 5 Sept 11**

The "PLAYERS" list as of 5 Sept 11 (condensed version):
08FJR4ME, 101stPathfinder, Airboss, Alcauchi, Andrew V., axeman, badisbad13, Barry 07 FJR1300AE, BikerGeek99, BlueRidgeFJR, Bryan E., BullCBX, bungie4, Burnspot, Chivvalry, Cos1, Cota95, dbvolfan, Dean B., Dirk H., Donnie M., dsbiker, E.T., EastcoastRob, EltoroJoe, extrememarine, Fencer, fialdj, fjrvfr, FJRocket, Flapsup. FredW, Geezer, griff, Gumpy, HaulinAshe, Herfjr, Jagermeister, Jay S., JHMZ71, Joe E., JOGLE, Justpaul, Keith H., Larry33319, Leedavis, Leslie B., Luxrybound, MEM, Mike from Nawlins, Mike H., Millsaps2, Moosehead, MrBill, Mvette, OHFJR, Oldpilot, oldtiger, Peter B., Protondecay123, Ray, rcpd807, REMrider, Rfulcher, roadrunner, Ryan B., S-76, Scoops, SLK50, TheZsdad, Toophast, Troy H., Vabrzn, Vasteve, Violione, went156mph, wheatonFJR, winewhisperer, wpbfjr, yamafitter, zooomm

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in. I have to decide if I want to camp or get a room.
I'm getting a room for a couple of nights and camping on the way down and back if the weather is good.

I wonder what the cancel policy is? Reserve a room and then cancel and camp if the weather is good.

Looks like 1000 miles if I take a shortcut through the Hocking Hills of OH, I'm sure I can find a better shortcut and make it a 1500 mile return trip!

You call that East?

Why, I'm gonna have to go 900 miles due West just to get there.

This place is directly south of... Lansing, Michigan!! That's the Midwest, fer gawds sake. :eek:

But I sure as hell don't care. We love the whole area.

Glad to see the announcements come out so soon so's everyone can get in on their planning for this early. :yahoo:

Funny, Sally just asked the other day if EOM was posted yet, she said we are going no matter where it is.

That's easy: Wuss-tuh (= Worcester).

Which ain't no wayeh neah Gloss-tuh (Gloucester).

But it's not like we made these friggen names up. They recycled 'em from Blighty.

Yeah, those Hillbillys do talk wicked funny, huh?