Speed Triple SE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RacinRay

Living The Dream
Reaction score
I stopped by my local Triumph dealer today on the way home from work. I wanted to look at a new Speed Triple SE but they didn't have one in stock. According to the dealer, the SE is being sold as an early 2011 model but it based on the 2010 with a limited edition red/white paint scheme and upgraded suspension. Anyway, I left my name and number and before I got home the dealer called me saying they could get me one for $10,900. The MSRP is $11,299 and according to the Triumph website I get $1,500 in clothing or accessories (not sure if I'll get this if the bike is not in stock at the dealer).

What do you all think? Should I pull the trigger and buy this bike?

Do it Ray!

TriumphSpeedTripSE.jpg

Upstate New York?

Roads clear?

BMW of Orlando has a demo unit that they are offering on ebay for $9K, but it has over 4000 miles. I know they add another $500 for paperwork and dealer fees. I also know that it would cost about $600 to ship it to you in NY. So that means that it would cost you over $10K for a demo unit with over 4000 miles.

I'd go for the one at the local dealer, and I'd push hard to see if I couldn't get the $1500 promotion.

In a heart beat. But then I am kind of biased.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not buy a 2 year old GSXR for about half the dough and get twice the performance.

With Racinray as a handle and if thats you drifting your green machine, and your planning doing a couple of Track Days then definitely grab an older GSXR IMHO

Is it Spring Yet?

Dave

Absolutely...the Speedy is one of the greatest bikes for sheer fun I've ever ridden. It'll be a long time before I ever get rid of mine. Best of luck to you!!

Get it! I used to own an '05 Speed Triple, and absolutely loved it. So much character, and just an absolute riot to ride.

My son got a Speed Triple in black in early November, and he loves it. Just this morning he had to get a new rear tire, at 4750 miles...