2011 SW-FOG

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-D

Reaction score
2011 SW-FOG

September 6 – September 9, 2011

Best Western Kachina Lodge & Meeting Center

413 Paseo Del Pueblo Norte Taos, New Mexico, 87571

Reservations: 575-758-2275 or 1-800-522-4462

Mention: SW-FOG or Group #1669

Notice:

This year SW-FOG is being held during the week with check-in being Tuesday September 6th and check-out being Friday September 9th. After much consideration, it was decided that holding this rally during the week will allow more riders to attend. Holding on a weekend causes peoples schedule to run into two different weeks, which can cause conflicts with vacation planning for those members that require work related scheduling. The whole point of posting this information so early is to allow everyone wanting to attend the ability to make arrangements, fulfill job requirements, save money, etc. etc.

Requests for the ride being held again in Taos (Toas) were over whelming. The Kachina Lodge was very hospitable to us last year, the weather was perfect and the riding unsurpassed. Colorado was considered, but memories of the family of Pinheads attending the 2009 SW-FOG in Page, AZ where they had to ride through snow to get to Page. The weather along the Western Slope is unpredictable in September.

Details:

Room Rates: $79.99 per day

There are currently 20 Single King and 20 Queen/ Queen Rooms reserved and you can request a smoking room if you so desire. Rates are good three days prior and three days after for those of you that want to arrive early or stay late. Mention SW-FOG when making reservation

Breakfast: Free full Breakfast each and every day

Dinner: $18.83 inc. tax & tip (same as last year). Dinner will be served Wednesday evening. Payment for the meal will be paid upon check-in. I went ahead and picked the BBQ Chicken & Ribs w/trimmings since it was very good last year.

Bike Wash: Washing area will be setup with towels for drying upon our arrival starting Tuesday morning and will be available through Thursday.

Drinks: Last year we received ½ off our first drink in the hotel bar. I am working on this again this year, but it is not yet etched in stone. I will advise at a later date.

It would be appreciated if each attending rider would drop Big-D a PM letting me know you are attending and whether you will be bringing someone [i.e. Pillion, Sheep, Goat, Armadillo (real or otherwise)]. This enables us to keep track of total attendees

Big-D, I just got off the phone with my illegitimate bastard SkooterG and Admin Skooty will pin our SW-FOG thread and put it at top. After his beauty face mask dries!!!

"Don,

Can you get someone to pin my SW-FOG thread and put it at the top of the SW-FOG category?

Dan"

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be there... But if I do the pole thing again, I expect a shit load more money..Damned Fairlaner and his monopoly money!

And no.. I don't want to see either of you in yer tighty whites ever again. :blink:

I'll be there... But if I do the pole thing again, I expect a shit load more money..Damned Fairlaner and his monopoly money!

And no.. I don't want to see either of you in yer tighty whites ever again. :blink:
BUMP REMINDER: Tell your employers and family you need time off to attend SW-FOG, 9/6-9/9/2011.

Pole dancing once again by our Miss Dolly, there may be a live sex show with Dolly and Fairlaner!!!

Sound like fun, this year I plan on going!!. Big D let me know what route you are looking at taking and we can ride together and maybe hook up with Duke and Galaxy Blue. I would like to take a couple of days getting their and back.

Sound like fun, this year I plan on going!!. Big D let me know what route you are looking at taking and we can ride together and maybe hook up with Duke and Galaxy Blue. I would like to take a couple of days getting their and back.
heh, If you ride with me, You better not follow me! I know the best place to jump a curb. ;)

heh, If you ride with me, You better not follow me! I know the best place to jump a curb. ;)
Northern Arizona Dudes: Just name a place and time on our travel to Nuevo Mexico day, and I will meet you there!

Think this requires a trip down memory lane....

IMG_20100919_145726.jpg

IMG_20100919_145842.jpg

IMG_20100919_145850.jpg

IMG_20100919_162636.jpg

Glad i didn't follow you.

And a Hell ya to HRZ for bailing your ass out.

BUMP REMINDER: Dates of September 6-9 are set in stone for SW-FOG 2011. Let your Employers and "Whomever Must Be Obeyed" know you are riding your FJR to Taos, New Mexico for twisty rides and hard partying! DON'T JUMP CURBS WITH YOUR FJR'S!!!

Thirteen hours... I'll have to see about taking the week off...maybe...
Really hope you can make SW-FOG 2011 twistedcricket, this is always a really fun FJR Forum event; SkooterG, HotRodZilla, Patch308 and GalaxyBlue have promised to keep their pants on this year, but they always are promising that!

Thirteen hours... I'll have to see about taking the week off...maybe...
Really hope you can make SW-FOG 2011 twistedcricket, this is always a really fun FJR Forum event; SkooterG, HotRodZilla, Patch308 and GalaxyBlue have promised to keep their pants on this year, but they always are promising that!
I wouldn't use that as a persuasive argument in favor of attending.

I would have the time off but not the funds. I probably can't make SFO or CFO this year either. I only made it to one rally last year and with the funds running low already this year, I might have to just enjoy the pictures from this event, again.

BUMP REMINDER! Tired of staring out the window at snow, cold and ice? Just keep thinking and dreaming about beautiful and sunny Northern New Mexico next September at SW-FOG 2011!

beemerdons said:
NMRoadRunner said:
Put SW-FOG, in Taos NM, on your calendar It's a don't miss gathering. We had 55 bikes last year I think. Glad you're back in the saddle.
+1, Gunny! https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=134691 Welcome aboard Windhorse, you will enjoy our FJR Forum. Lots of good people and plenty of good information on maintaining and farkling your FJR. Consider yourself cordially invited to SW-FOG 2011, held in Taos, New Mexico September 6-9; large FJR gathering with good times and big laughs!

There is something for everybody at SW-FOG get togethers:

SW-FOG 2011 Ride Coordinator Papa Chuy:

IMG_6313.jpg

This is a perfect outing with your Significant Other, Pinhead and his MUCH better half Moutain Mama:

IMG_6317.jpg

Great food, even if you are a light and picky eater like Papa Chuy:

IMG_6321.jpg

Dogs such as Duke are also welcome:

IMG_6324.jpg

Great outing for FJR couples, Pegscraper and MSNascar:

IMG_6325.jpg

Something in the alcohol in New Mexico. Makes you do weird shit:

IMG_6331.jpg

Like I previously said, SW-FOG is a perfect get away with your "Significant Other", really "Other"!

IMG_6332.jpg

Oh my, there is something wonderful in the mountain air of Toas, New Mexico:

IMG_6333.jpg

You can join this motley crew, eh?

IMG_6337.jpg

California hippies are also welcome:

IMG_6335.jpg

We even welcome those weird Canadians, I mean really weird:

IMG_6345.jpg

Pretty girls and ugly guys:

IMG_6349.jpg

Well, those pictures almost scared me off, but the pretty girls and good food convinced me that it will be OK. So, I'm in. :yahoo:

I hope the snow holds off in the Rockies because I'm planning to take a little side trip and hit the Million Dollar Highway on the way there, even if it means riding across Kansas. :eek:

Well, those pictures almost scared me off, but the pretty girls and good food convinced me that it will be OK. So, I'm in. :yahoo:

I hope the snow holds off in the Rockies because I'm planning to take a little side trip and hit the Million Dollar Highway on the way there, even if it means riding across Kansas. :eek:
Brother Greg, one of the best parts of the SW-FOG experience is that you get to ride the surrounding roads with a highly qualified New Mexican Ride Leader, such as this Local here:

IMAG0354.jpg

Our HotRodZilla back in 7th grade:

eddie_portrait.jpg

I can't believe I roomed with this guy at EOM.

What was I think'n?