Bag Liners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

live to ride

Reaction score
Good Day all!!!

Just wondering if I could get some info on what everyone is using for the bag liners. I really dont want to buy the Yamaha ones being what I've seen on here. I seen some after markets on ebay but once they ended have not seen them again and they where only $55.00 or something. So just seeing what are good options.

Thanks Again!

Mine came without liners ('09 UK model). I got a set of Givi liners which work well. I don't have the details but I'm sure someone at Givi will point you in the right direction. :rolleyes:

Don

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a 2005 that didn't come with liners. I bought a new set off Ebay for $40.00 (still in plastic). So far I haven't needed them, but nothing I could do about them not being included with the bike. As easy as the bags are to take off the bike and carry inside, I wonder if I'll really need the liners at all.

I use mine but really only the left side. It's packed with rain gear, wipes, towels, bottled water, first aid kit, flash light and a set of extra gloves. It's always there on standy. I keep my helmet in the right side when I'm not toting my briefcase so I don't ever use the liner there. Then again I only commute 40 miles daily and it hardly ever rains here.

Then again I only commute 40 miles daily and it hardly ever rains here.
Hows that??? I read the other day that Hawaii gets the most annual rain fall of anywhere in the world.
Yeah it's a spot on Kauai called Mt. Wai'ale'ale and it averages 485 inches per year. And at nearly 14,000 ft. we also have one of the highest mountains in the Pacific called Mauna Kea where it's covered in snow pretty much all year round but I don't own any snow gear nor studs for my tires :eek: These are of course on the neighbor islands. I'm stuck with Waikiki beach where on those rare days when it's not raining or snowing the beach is littered with thongs and bikikis from tourists who come here from all over the world :rolleyes:

Then again I only commute 40 miles daily and it hardly ever rains here.
Hows that??? I read the other day that Hawaii gets the most annual rain fall of anywhere in the world.
Yeah it's a spot on Kauai called Mt. Wai'ale'ale and it averages 485 inches per year. And at nearly 14,000 ft. we also have one of the highest mountains in the Pacific called Mauna Kea where it's covered in snow pretty much all year round but I don't own any snow gear nor studs for my tires :eek: These are of course on the neighbor islands. I'm stuck with Waikiki beach where on those rare days when it's not raining or snowing the beach is littered with thongs and bikikis from tourists who come here from all over the world :rolleyes:
Thats a tough life you got there.

Like others have said, mine came with the liners but I haven't used them on a trip. I just take the whole bag off and carry it into the room. Seems easier to me. It's tough getting into the liners when they're inside the bag.

My '09 came with bag liners. I was pleased that Big-Y included them when other manufacturers don't. (Check the prices of Honda and BMW liners!) Liners are great if you are traveling/touring since you don't need to remove the hard panniers from the bike to carry your stuff into a motel room. You avoid the risk of scratching the pannier on a door frame or railing, and the risk of putting the pannier back on the bike incorrectly in the morning and losing it five miles down the road.

Shop e-Bay and the FJR forums for a set.

pete

Over the years I've had multiple sets of the OEM liners, which are generally of much higher quality than the 3rd party eBay bags. I use them to pack clothes and things on longer, multi-day trips.

So, why I have had multiple sets? On each set, the top seam on the side with the logo has split over time. I don't think I over pack the bags, but for some reason the seam splits. I've gotten reports of similar problems from other riders.

The bags are still usable after the seam separates -- they just don't look as nice.

I use mine but really only the left side. It's packed with rain gear, wipes, towels, bottled water, first aid kit, flash light and a set of extra gloves. It's always there on standy. I keep my helmet in the right side when I'm not toting my briefcase so I don't ever use the liner there. Then again I only commute 40 miles daily and it hardly ever rains here.
Hi Dr. Jekyll, since you only use the left side bag ,can you sell me the right side bag as my left side pannier would be carrying my tools & raincoat when I go touring.

Regards,