Would you buy one?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puppychow

RAWR
Reaction score
Motus MST

Not a big fan of the way it looks, but the engine specs sound very impressive! They almost had me at "No Valve Checks".

Now, if they only made a shaft driven version, with a bigger fairing...

Motus-MST-01_02.jpg

Motus-MST-01_engine.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the fact it's made in the USA.

I like the idea of the new motor.

Other than that, there's not enough fairing nor close to enough windscreen to be of any interest to me. It's just another bike.

I could have sworn I read a blurb that they were supposed to be pretty damned expensive, too.

So...the answer is NO!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like the slit look of the front-not on a bike anyhow. Don't like chain drive...the crank layout is perfect for a shaftie. Don't like the projected price. Pissing done, overall I likey !

The Motus V4 Tour is going to be at the following locations in the near future:

Go AZ Motorcycles, Scottsdale, AZ July 15

Queen Mary Seawalk Village, Long Beach, CA July 16

Alice's Resturant, Woodside, CA July 25

Should be interesting to see one in the flesh. More info at their website. Still no prices yet. But they say that they will be selling their "baby block" motor by itself for people who want to use it for other projects.

It seems as though the Motus would be roughly the price of 2 farkled FJRs, sooooo.....not likely.

I like the concept but I'm far too used to my shaft drive (rather than chain) and the easy maintenance of the FJR. Besides, "old looking" of not, I think the FJR is sexy looking and I enjoy the weather protection of the body work.

No way, my FZ1 is chain drive. Way faster, much sexier, and comfortable enough to knock out 5.6 gallons of fuel in one sitting most of all its a Yamaha just like my FJR. Nice try Motus.

It seems as though the Motus would be roughly the price of 2 farkled FJRs..
They still haven't listed any prices yet. Their website said they would come out with prices late 2011 IIRC. If you're refereing to the "40K+" post, I think that was complete speculation. Either way, they could still kill it with outrageous pricing, but I'm hoping that they don't.

Since I can't make the Clan Gathering, I may have to go up to Long Beach and see this critter in the flesh.