CFO 2011 Scenic Rides update

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gramps

Reaction score
I'm sure most everyone that's going to CFO is aware that all ride route maps & GPS files can be had at the CFO Website.

There is one addition that will have to be added. I found it in the December 2010 issue of Rider Magazine in the "Favorite Ride" section titled Drifting Back In Time. I recreated the map with a few changes, but highlighted the stops which were talked about in the article.

Points of Interest (303 miles)

Note: Updated link to the article in Rider magazine.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a nice route :good: I was just down that way today. Did a loop that included Spatra, Cashton, Westby, Viroqua, Purdy Vally, Ferryville and De Sota. The bad news was I needed to be in my car :glare: Most of the snow is gone but there's still tons and tons of sand but those roads will be rideable as soon as the temps get up there a bit more. The river is really high all the locks had their dams wide open and the water was really flowing. In spite of that I saw one tug pushing a few barges upstream, very slowly.

FYI, Points of Interest ride has now been added to the rides section on the CFO website.

FYI, Points of Interest ride has now been added to the rides section on the CFO website.
Clicked on the link for the "Points of Interest" route and get a "Page not found" message.

Clicked on the link for the "Points of Interest" route and get a "Page not found" message.
Hmmm, I clicked on the Points of Interest link in this thread and on the Ride page on the CFO web site and got the route :huh:

Maybe some one smarter than me can help you.

Yeah I just checked the links for the Google Maps on both places & I had no problem.

Not sure what the error is or was, but seems to be working now.

Thanks guys...just checked, working fine now, not sure what was going on....see ya on Thursday!

today on my lunch break I'm going to work on making a GPX file for the 'country roads' routes, along with a loop through wild cat mountain state park. PM me if you're interested in these.