Stock rear shock rebuild.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gramps

Reaction score
I just had my stocker rebuilt by Jeff Fischer over at MotorSports Plus in So. St. Paul.

I don't have but 20 miles on it so far, but the change was noticeable immediately. Very

much improved. :yahoo: I'm thinking it's the best $300 I've spent on the FJR yet. I'll

keep you posted on how it performs.

Here's the contact info:

MotorSport Plus

150 Hardman Ave. South

South St. Paul, MN 55075

Ph: 651-455-5657

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Marc. I'm hopefully picking up a used Wilbers this weekend. Waiting for the seller to swap in his stock shock.

Hey Gramps...do you have any contact info for Jeff at Motorsports plus?Three hundred sounds like a good price for a rebuild and I'm thinking my stock shock with 86,000 on it might benifit from a rebuild.

Hey Gramps...do you have any contact info for Jeff at Motorsports plus?Three hundred sounds like a good price for a rebuild and I'm thinking my stock shock with 86,000 on it might benifit from a rebuild.
PM sent.

And how did your valve check go? Any adjustments? And would you recommend him for that service? I talked to a guy named John at Motoprimo who has an 05 and he said he also got his valves adjusted by Jeff. He said he remembered paying 'around 200' and that included a couple adjustments.

My valves are ticky.

And how did your valve check go? Any adjustments? And would you recommend him for that service? I talked to a guy named John at Motoprimo who has an 05 and he said he also got his valves adjusted by Jeff. He said he remembered paying 'around 200' and that included a couple adjustments.

My valves are ticky.
I had two vales that needed to be shimmed although they were not quite out of spec, but close. $250 for the adjustment. And yes I would highly recommend him for any job, he knows what he's doing. He has been doing all my major service for the last 3+ years with no problems & he's more price competitive than the dealerships. More than likely it's because hes got less overhead imo. He's an excellent tuner also. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Logged 200 miles today (very cold & windy) and this rebuilt shock has impressed me. Far better handling coming in & out of turns than before and much more stable overall. Didn't push it very hard so more testing to come. :)

Logged 200 miles today (very cold & windy) and this rebuilt shock has impressed me. Far better handling coming in & out of turns than before and much more stable overall. Didn't push it very hard so more testing to come. :)

Hey Gramps; could I have that information on Jeff Fisher also. My stock is shot.

Thanks.

Banks