Announcing the Rally Rallye 2011 Style

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickcorwn

Reaction score
Announcing the Rally Rallye

Rally ‘ra-lê

Function: verb

1: a mass meeting intended to arouse group enthusiasm like CFO

2: also ral·lye [French rallye, from English 1rally] : a motorcycle competition using public roads and ordinary traffic rules with the object of gathering the most points in a specified amount of time over a route unknown to the participants until the start of the event

So it's a Rallye at a Rally hence the name The Rally Rallye.

A rally format is perfect for exploring the area all around La Crosse. The region is so saturated with great roads it’s hardly necessary to put together a planned route. I’ve run several rallies in this area and always found it to be great fun to just let the GPS take me from point to point taking what ever roads it throws at me. In southern Wisconsin nearly all the roads are paved so setting the GPS to “shortest distance” means you’re guaranteed to find cool little roads all over the place.

My intent is to make this as fun as possible, while introducing you to the twisted sport of rallying in a format that will be good for the rally virgins. That doesn’t mean I will be easy on you! To the contrary I intend to be very strict at the scoring table very much in the Team Strange tradition. You learn from your mistakes not from me going easy on you.

The Rallye will be on Friday and will be 8 hours long.

I will need a minimum of 10 riders entered or I will need to cancel the Rallye, don't make me do this again.

Entry fee will be $10 any moneys left over will be spent on food and drinks, not necessarily in that order.

Deadline for entries will be 6/1/2011

The field of play will be somewhat condensed. All boni will be within or very close to these boundaries. East of the Mississippi River, South and West of I-90 and North of US-18 and US-151. Very close equals less than 10 miles. A good Wisconsin map is all one should need.

For more details go here Rally Ralley Info Central

What the heck is he talking about?? See previous discussions here and here. Go here and here to see what happened last year.

Don't need anymore convincing?? Then sign up, Registration Form here

If you ran the Rally Rallye last year and haven't run any other rallies since I'll still let you run in the Novice class. The notable exception to that of course would be Griff who won the Novice class last year, welcome to Expert :p

Here's a taste of what I've got lined up for you...

Spring time scenery.

IMG_0113.jpg

There will definitely be weather.

IMG_2972.JPG

Giant bugs.

IMG_1436.JPG

You will see dead people.

_MG_6852.JPG

And have a really good time.

IMG_0991.JPG

Players

Gramps

Airboss

CraigRegs

Joe2Lmaker

TriggerT

101stpathfinder

Turvy

mnrider

chrisflock

Dr Bones

Scoobyvroom

scubabiker

Cruzin

wabill

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my nappy earlier. ;) It'll probably be the only "first place" I get, which is fine with me.

Doggoneit, Rick, how many times I gotta tell ya!

No posting between 2 and 4, nappee time. :rolleyes:

Talking to Rick Martin down to Moonshine, Expressed an interest in the rally rallye. He's going to try to make CFO this year, he can't remember ever doing an 8 hour rally before, can he be in the novice class?

I missed you at Moonshine Karl. We got there a little late, took some backroads that were flooded over higher than my footpegs. Some of the guys weren't as adventurous, so we had to turn around and reroute. :Snorkle:

If you ran the Rally Rallye last year and haven't run any other rallies since I'll still let you run in the Novice class.
That would be me!!

The notable exception to that of course would be Griff who won the Novice class last year, welcome to Expert :p
:angry2:

Actually, I'm going to California for my daughter's college graduation to see where all my money went, so I won't get to compete with the big guys.

Spring time scenery.

IMG_0113.jpg
Man that pic looks like a bluff we used to climb down the road from a campgrounds where we'd stay.

It was between Onalaska and Holmen (sp) WI...

The bluff was called "One eyed Decorah" and there was a path maintained to the top by the boyscouts.

If that is the one (?) I have better pics of it! :lol:

Spring time scenery.

IMG_0113.jpg
Man that pic looks like a bluff we used to climb down the road from a campgrounds where we'd stay.

It was between Onalaska and Holmen (sp) WI...

The bluff was called "One eyed Decorah" and there was a path maintained to the top by the boyscouts.

If that is the one (?) I have better pics of it! :lol:
There's only one way you're going to find out, sign up :big_boss:

I'm in.

I'm definitely not "Experianced" ;)

I will try to stay focused this time and not run errands in the middle :whistle:

Will you grant me an exemption from Helpful hint 15) Politeness at all locations is critical. ... ? I have a reputation to uphold as a rude prick ! :D

Thanks Rick! You do an excellent job of organizing fun events.

There is only 4 people signed up and nobody in Expert yet :dntknw: stygr8, something like that, Derek, had mentioned playing today...there trying to re-schedulele a training session for me that day, I'm working hard on talking my way out of it :devilsmiley: I would hate to see him win expert without him having any competition :devil:

he he He!!

That will bring us up to 6, we need 4 more people or Rick will be a true RB (Rally Bastard) and shut this down :angry2:

I should have read Ricks Rally rules before posting, it looks like 3 of 4 are in Expert this year :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
I should have read Ricks Rally rules before posting, it looks like 3 of 4 are in Expert this year :yahoo:
What you shoulda read was the registration form :big_boss: Peeps that only have run the Rally Rallye can remain a rookie except Griff and he can't make it.