SFO 11 Ride to Russellville

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texasevo

Reaction score
Is there a group of people riding together from the Dallas area to SFO 11? If so I would like info. If not is anyone interested?

Thanks,

Mark

Is there a group of people riding together from the Dallas area to SFO 11? If so I would like info. If not is anyone interested?

Thanks,

Mark
I'll be headed down on Thursday morning if there are no huge storms in the way. I was going to contact Nosecone to see if he wanted to ride over also. He is in Carrolton. Yeah, if are up for leaving on Thursday, you can come over here that morning and we can leave from my house.

GP

Gary and Mark, I too will be riding up Thursday morning and would enjoy riding up with you two. In the past

we have used the IHop at 380/75 in McKinney as a meeting location for the ride up. But anything will work

for me.

I just got back from a three day ride in AR with some Beemer buds. The recent rain up there had left some

gravel on the roads in spots and degraded the pavement in a few areas. Just had to keep a sharp eye out.

John

Glad to hear you are alive and well. That answers my questions on the PM I sent you, so no need to reply unless you want to. Russelville is farther south and east than Eureka Springs, so I was thinking of taking I30 out to Texakana, then hooking up with highway 27. 27 takes you all the way to the front doorstep of our motel, plus it looks like a pretty interesting road. We could all meet up there at the 75/380 Ihop then take 75 north and head east on 70 also. That intersects with 27. I was up in Mckinney at that intersection a few weeks ago and they had it torn up with construction pretty bad. I would hate to have you try and fight the rush hour traffic coming over here too though. Might be a little brutal. We still have a few weeks to figure it all out.

GP

Glad to hear you are alive and well. That answers my questions on the PM I sent you, so no need to reply unless you want to. Russelville is farther south and east than Eureka Springs, so I was thinking of taking I30 out to Texakana, then hooking up with highway 27. 27 takes you all the way to the front doorstep of our motel, plus it looks like a pretty interesting road. We could all meet up there at the 75/380 Ihop then take 75 north and head east on 70 also. That intersects with 27. I was up in Mckinney at that intersection a few weeks ago and they had it torn up with construction pretty bad. I would hate to have you try and fight the rush hour traffic coming over here too though. Might be a little brutal. We still have a few weeks to figure it all out.

GP
27 is the best route up to Russelville from Texarkana(I've done them all). Take 71 north to Ashdown then 32 east to Saratoga, the 355 north to Mineral Springs and onto 27 all the way to Russelville!

GP

Gary, I sent you a reply via email. Let me know if you got it.

John
Yeah, I got it just fine. I looked over the route you were talking about and it looks good to me. I'm guessing you have been over some or all of the roads. We can try meeting in Mckinney or Paris. As long as we find the location you mentioned. Paris might be easier if you think we can find the West side Cafe all right.

Gary

I am open to any meeting spot. Looking forward to it. Thursday is good for me.

Mark
Hey texasevo. Looks like we will meet Nosecone on Thursday the 19th for the ride up to Russellville if you are still up for it. Let us know and I'll give you the particulars in the coming days.

GP