slider highway pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that would put me in a very awkward riding postition.

I actually owned the bike for a short while with them and it was great for my bad knees. They were on the bike when I bought it and on there when I sold it.

Miss the bike and thinking about picking up another but I would really want to be able to get another pair of them.

I have seen a set of highway pegs mounted through the frame sliders. Anyone have a link?
Did you see them at NAFO in TN? I know a rider with a Gen II that made such a item....

RZ350 where are you? ;)
Found a pic

They fold up also.

693709273_uwPwD-M.jpg

I have seen a set of highway pegs mounted through the frame sliders. Anyone have a link?
I built a pair from 2"OD black Delrin (similar to nylon) that slide into the sliders (cut down to 1.06" at the slider end for a snug fit). They are held in place with rare-earth magnets.

I try to remember to put them in before heading out on a long ride, but have also been able to put them in while on the bike (not advisable). It only takes a second to put them in and take them out. The magnets are strong - requires 10 lbs or so of force to pull them out. I like the fact that they are made out of the same material as the sliders are and are not on the bike 100% of the time.

About $25 in materials and a couple hours of lathe time.

Newbie here, been hanging around for about a year. Purchased a 2007 A back in Sept 2010. Also ride V Star 1300 that I did a few mods to. Had to add some touches to the FJR. I fabricated hwy foot peg adapters and borrowed some HD pegs from my V Star. Attached is my photobucket account that show my FJR set up for a run to Colorado in two weeks. Some might be interested in my approach to forward foot pegs.

https://s460.photobucket.com/albums/qq328/hp3489/FJR/

hap

Did you see them at NAFO in TN? I know a rider with a Gen II that made such a item....

RZ350 where are you? ;)
Sorry - haven't logged in much lately. Thanks for the kind words, 101st.

The link in my sig line will take you to all my mods (including the pegs) with detailed writeups on how I did it. I have both the Wild Bill and slider mounted versions on my '07.

4287116940_f9597c0e07_o.jpg

4286376413_267229d9dc_o.jpg

I mainly rest the back of my leg on top of the slider pegs with my legs straight forward when I want to stretch them out. (edit: I find this position to be quite comfortable for long periods, but it is mainly due to having the custom handlebars as well as the drivers backrest that allows me lean way back). Trying to actually put my foot up there is a bit awkward and the zipper on the inside of my boot threatens to scratch the corner of my fairing. When I want to rest my foot on something other then the stock pegs, I use the Wild Bill pegs. I'm finding having many choices is good on a long trip!

Last edited by a moderator:
A forum member used to make those slider attached pegs, but I'm pretty sure he's not in the business anymore. Leo was his name. I have a set on my 07 and really like them.

To test whether I'd like having pegs in that location, I made up some "pegs" out of thin wall tubing and heat shrink tubing.

highway_pegs.jpg

I decided that position would work and had Leo make me a set. I mostly rest my calves on the peg with my legs hanging straight out. This position forces lots of air up the pants legs and into the cockpit of the bike. Really nice in hot weather! I also put my boots on them sometimes as this allows me to rest my elbows on my knees. Neither of those positions is comfortable for long stints, but the key to long distance comfort is to move around and these pegs provide 2 other options.

Here's a post that shows his pegs: Leo's pegs