Paint Color Matching

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm trying to repair the clutch cover on the engine of an '06 FJR. Color Rite says the paint color is sku 5616, Yamaha 035 Silver, for frame/engine color. I tried this and it is too silver. For an '05 FJR they say the color is sku 5319, Yamaha OOWN Circuit Silver which looks more grey like my bikes cover. They asked me to get the Yamaha color code for the part so they could match it. Looks to me like they have that info already. Maybe my bike has an engine built and painted in 2005. Does anyone have any experience with Color Rite and getting the right color.

Go to a GOOD auto body shop and have them shoot it with their paint color gun...

Will match dead on and they will mix the paint for you..

At least thats how I got my other bikes trunk to match...

Dupli-Color 8800564 Dark Grey [M]CC I can't tell the difference and I didn't bother to clear coat-just some mild rubbing compound after a week..available at Advance or most anywhere. [for an '06]

I'm trying to repair the clutch cover on the engine of an '06 FJR. Color Rite says the paint color is sku 5616, Yamaha 035 Silver, for frame/engine color. I tried this and it is too silver. For an '05 FJR they say the color is sku 5319, Yamaha OOWN Circuit Silver which looks more grey like my bikes cover. They asked me to get the Yamaha color code for the part so they could match it. Looks to me like they have that info already. Maybe my bike has an engine built and painted in 2005. Does anyone have any experience with Color Rite and getting the right color.
After scuffing my fairing, I lucked into a perfect match. Go to any auto store (I went to AutoZone) and buy Kia silver. An absolutely perfect match, and cheap. The match is so perfect I wonder if Kia and Yamaha aren't buying it from the same provider.

Dupli-Color 8800564 Dark Grey [M]CC I can't tell the difference and I didn't bother to clear coat-just some mild rubbing compound after a week..available at Advance or most anywhere. [for an '06]
Thanks for the advise. I stopped at O'Reilly and they had no idea where those number came from or what they were. I looked at a lot

of duplicolor cans and never found anything that matched your description. Do you have any other type of description? Even the web-site of duplicolor didn't help at all.

Thanks for the advise. I stopped at O'Reilly and they had no idea where those number came from or what they were. I looked at a lot

of duplicolor cans and never found anything that matched your description. Do you have any other type of description? Even the web-site of duplicolor didn't help at all.
I copied those numbers directly from the cap-I bought the paint off the shelf from Advance about a year ago-had to search several stores to find it [small rattle can]. It seems to be a perfect match for the clutch, alternator, water pump etc. for my '06. If I remember correctly I found this # in the bin o' facts on this forum.

I copied those numbers directly from the cap-I bought the paint off the shelf from Advance about a year ago-had to search several stores to find it [small rattle can]. It seems to be a perfect match for the clutch, alternator, water pump etc. for my '06. If I remember correctly I found this # in the bin o' facts on this forum.
I assumed "Advance" might mean Advance Auto Parts because they are located here in south Texas. I called them and they don't have the numbers you provided me in their system nor any of their stores. Since you are located in New York, you may be talking about some other company with the name Advance. So, if you can, please be more specific about the company where you got the paint. Then maybe I can have better luck. I hate bothering you with this and appreciate you help. If you can't be more specific about the company with maybe a phone number, then I'll have to go looking like you obviously did. Again, Thanks...........

Yup-it was Advance Auto Parts...I also got a can from Auto Zone...howsomever as mentioned it was at least a year ago..I checked the Dupli-Color site and could not find that # either..Meebee they discontinued it which would be a shame...

Thttps://usautopaint.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/duplicolor.htm these guys still have it, Appears to be a Toyota Matrix color..don't know if the link will work but you can copy and paste it...

Thttps://usautopaint.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/duplicolor.htm these guys still have it, Appears to be a Toyota Matrix color..don't know if the link will work but you can copy and paste it...
Thanks again for all your help. I never found the paint you described but I did find a Dupli-Color that matches perfectly. It is for

Ford colors and the identification on the cap is BFM0225 Medium Charcoal Met (1B). It replaces DSFM225. I bought it at O'Reilly Auto Supply. I wanted you to know as well as all the other people who visited this site. I was able to repair my friends clutch cover successfully and he is happy as a lark.

Wow, this is good to finally find. I will check on the last post and see if those numbers are still any good tomorrow and post back if so. I have almost begged for the color to do a 5 minute job of touching up a case myself... I hope these work!

FWIW, I have had iffy success with Colorrite paints. In general, they are pretty close so I buy it from them. I just got a pint of 2013 color and it's too silver, so I will need to tweak it. I've been down the scanner route also with less success. I wish there was a different source for this.

I can certainly report back today that the BFM0225 is as good of a match as you can get from a $7 spray can. I could not see the difference after a spray with a straight line to purposely check! The match to the cover is perfect! Dupli-Color BFM0225 does match the Yamaha color great!