Dinner Anyone?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sevens0n

Reaction score
I'm not going to make it to the official CFO gathering. But would sure like to meet some fellow FJR riders while your in town. I'll be leaving for Road America early Friday morning. So,,, Just thought if anyone is at the hotel in LaCrosse Thursday evening I would be willing to lead a group on a short ride down to Chaseburg for dinner. Say about 6:00. Do a few little twisty sections maybe about 50 miles round trip? Could be longer?, Could be shorter? Nice little ride out and great food to. If the ride don't pan out, I'll be at the hotel Thursday evening anyway to hand over that stuffed goat to you folks....

What ya think? any takers?

Brian..

I'm not going to make it to the official CFO gathering. But would sure like to meet some fellow FJR riders while your in town. I'll be leaving for Road America early Friday morning. So,,, Just thought if anyone is at the hotel in LaCrosse Thursday evening I would be willing to lead a group on a short ride down to Chaseburg for dinner. Say about 6:00. Do a few little twisty sections maybe about 50 miles round trip? Could be longer?, Could be shorter? Nice little ride out and great food to. If the ride don't pan out, I'll be at the hotel Thursday evening anyway to hand over that stuffed goat to you folks....

Brian..
I know where you're taking them...good food and very nice roads in that area as well. :clapping:

Brian..
I know where you're taking them...good food and very nice roads in that area as well. :clapping:
Well we gotta eat, so where we goin' in Chaseburg? What kinda food do the have? Can they handle 20-25 FJR riders?

Sounds like a great plan if we can get into La Crosse before 6:00.
Hopefully sevens0n will get back to us on the specifics that way it won't matter when you get in you can head down on your own. Last year we had a group of 20-25 and all left in a group but we were only going to Piggy's in downtown La Crosse. By some miracle we all stayed together. I don't think we can be so lucky as to get a group like that all the way through La Crosse together. If everyone knows where we're going we can all find our way there, once we know where there is.

Well we gotta eat, so where we goin' in Chaseburg? What kinda food do the have? Can they handle 20-25 FJR riders?
My guess is that he is thinking of this place Hideaway Brew Pub.

Having been there with Joe Nardy and his Zook crew in October of last year...my guess is that they could handle you with enough advance warning. Service was a bit slow when we were there, but the food was good.

This is just my guess as to what he was thinking...

WhetonFJR has it correct!

https://www.hideawaybrewpub.com/

I'll contact them and see if they can set us up on their Deck/Porch thingy. If I tell them there will be somewhere from 10 to 25 people that should suffice for now. We can always call them and update the numbers before we head out. Don't think it will be a problem. Check out the web site for menu, location ,ect.

Er... Eh... group of 25 bikes... That would be great. "Some of you guys have GPS don't you?"... My plan was to bypass LaCrosse all together. Head out I90 east for about 10 miles then make a right, a few more miles and we're in the twisties and back roads all the way there. I don't think we'll have much trouble keeping a bigger group together. I wouldn't expect any blazing fast pace though... I'll ride the route sometime in the next few days. "Just to make pretty sure I won't get lost either :p " Looking forward to meeting up. Let me know of any other concerns...

WhetonFJR has it correct!

https://www.hideawaybrewpub.com/

I'll contact them and see if they can set us up on their Deck/Porch thingy. If I tell them there will be somewhere from 10 to 25 people that should suffice for now. We can always call them and update the numbers before we head out. Don't think it will be a problem. Check out the web site for menu, location ,ect.

Er... Eh... group of 25 bikes... That would be great. "Some of you guys have GPS don't you?"... My plan was to bypass LaCrosse all together. Head out I90 east for about 10 miles then make a right, a few more miles and we're in the twisties and back roads all the way there. I don't think we'll have much trouble keeping a bigger group together. I wouldn't expect any blazing fast pace though... I'll ride the route sometime in the next few days. "Just to make pretty sure I won't get lost either :p " Looking forward to meeting up. Let me know of any other concerns...
I'm in should be there in time. Maybe we can get a dry ride in this time Friday of SFO not so much.

I'll be coming down with Joe (Joe2Lmaker), Chris(Scoobyvroom) & Tim (Sporto). I'll see if I can get them "in" for dinner.

Brian..

The Feejer is out of "Dry Dock" with a new set of wheel skins and freshly lubed splines. :yahoo:

Did the shake down cruise to Chaseburg last night. From Days Inn to the Hideaway brew pub is 37 miles. Took me 45 minutes. A couple nice twisty sections typical of the area. Good road and even some brand new pavement in one section. :) You will like it. :p Had a really good burger, service was maybe a bit on the slow side. Oh well, I guess thats just the way they do it in Chaseburg. Talked to the manager down there. They said hey, "just show up" from zero to 25 people will be no problem. They have a dinner special every night so that might be an option as well. Rode the direct route back to Days Inn. Exactly 20 miles going through LaCrosse South to North. I'm thinking the 6:00 departure time is about right. Dinner at 7:00. See you all there.

I'll be coming down with Joe (Joe2Lmaker), Chris(Scoobyvroom) & Tim (Sporto). I'll see if I can get them "in" for dinner.
Put me down as a 'maybe' for dinner.

I've gotta take advantage of this beautiful weather to work on my neglected house. I haven't had time to put my bike back together, yet.

IMG_0913_marked%252520up.JPG

As it is, that pile of hardboard siding (yellow arrow) is going to be waiting for me when I get back from CFO.

Thursday morning, I need to fix a little road side Jerry Rigging to my Black Widow spider (red arrow).

Really? You think you need to ask if I am "in for dinner" have you seen me?? I didn't get this way by not eating....

I've gotta take advantage of this beautiful weather to work on my neglected house. I haven't had time to put my bike back together, yet.

Thursday morning, I need to fix a little road side Jerry Rigging to my Black Widow spider (red arrow).
:Facepalm:

Really? You think you need to ask if I am "in for dinner" have you seen me?? I didn't get this way by not eating....

:Facepalm:
I would have to agree with Chris I have only ridden with him a few times butt I have never heard him complain about stopping for something to eat :) Going to slow butt not stopping for food :yahoo: