WFO10

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaitsdad

I'm confused - Just ask my Wife.
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Well, Hey, ya'all !!

If you're on the fence, get off of it and sign up - numbers are really low, and I've noticed that some folks are waiting until the last minute to sign up.

There's lot's of changes in the Rally world this summer - certainly not least of which is the move of the IBR to June, followed by the GBU in July. This is no doubt affecting attendance. I'm thinking that lots of folks that would normally be signed up by now are focused elsewhere, and WFO might be sittin' on the back burner of their cognitive states.

That being said, we are at risk of not having a WFO this year - our counts are waaayy below what they need to be at this time, and the contract dates for downsizing/cancellation are fast approaching. My GO/NO GO date is June 15 - so if you're thinking about it, let's get off the fence !! Let's make this happen !

Fairlainer has been working the swag, Iggy's waiting for the final count to order T-shirts, the Red Lion is holding our rooms - - GIT-ER-DONE!!!

Thanks for the poke. With lots happening this summer, I haven't registered for the meet or hotel, but I'm coming. I'll be sure to get it done right away.

Come on people, get signed up now !

It would be a shame to have it cancel out due to lack of interest. I missed it last year in Eureka due to an unfortunate meeting with a Chevy Silverado.

I'm going, I have my room booked. From what I remember in Moscow 2 years ago there is some awfully nice countryside to enjoy from the seat of a motorcycle.

Here's a chance to meet and get to know a lot of good people who share a common interest. I find it exciting to put a friendly face to a familiar screen name.

Brodie

"Here's a chance to meet and get to know a lot of good people who share a common interest. I find it exciting to put a friendly face to a familiar screen name. "

What he said.

FWFE

Our little group here in SE Washington has a nice and twisty ride planned for this with an overnight at Lochsa Lodge in Idaho. It would be a drag not to have WFO go off as planned.

What numbers do we have and how many do we need to make this thing go? I'd kick in some extra bucks if we were sort of borderline go/no go.

Bob

Our little group here in SE Washington has a nice and twisty ride planned for this with an overnight at Lochsa Lodge in Idaho. It would be a drag not to have WFO go off as planned.

What numbers do we have and how many do we need to make this thing go? I'd kick in some extra bucks if we were sort of borderline go/no go.

Bob
Hey Bob, it's Don (think back to meeting the old blond guy with the 06 FJR at the Lakeview Motel in Lee Vining) Good to hear that the gang from the Walla Walla area is planning to be on scene in Idaho Falls!

I agree that if we are close it would be worth a little extra to make it happen. Look forward to renewing friendships again, and if I recall correctly, I owe you a beer or two!

Don

Hey Don! Good to hear from you.

After talking with the group we decided we're going anyway, regardless of whether the rally happens or not. We've got too many good roads picked out. Besides, we've got hotel reservations already made.

Bob

ps - I posted a slide show of our trip last summer the other day in the ride report section.

pps - is your bike still really shiny?

Hey Don! Good to hear from you.

After talking with the group we decided we're going anyway, regardless of whether the rally happens or not. We've got too many good roads picked out. Besides, we've got hotel reservations already made.

Bob

ps - I posted a slide show of our trip last summer the other day in the ride report section.

pps - is your bike still really shiny?
I saw your posting of the slide show (which was excellent!), and meant to comment on it at the time, but life and work got in the way. You folks have way too much fun!

Bike not as shiny, but that's a story to be told over a suitable libation :unsure:

I''m hoping WFO comes together, but if it doesn't, I'll probably cool my jets until I retire Aug 1. My son, a friend and I are planning a trip in mid-August down to much the same area you guys chronicled in your slide show. We did something similar last summer, only to be in a nearly constant deluge which "dampened our spirits" (and everything else aboard). Hoping this strange weather pattern will improve by then.

Let's see what develops here...

I'm interested in joining in the fun, but it is a long ways for me and I need to get my kitchen pass in order. So, still on the fence.

Jim get off the fence before you brake it.....

Swag has just started arriving in my mail box yesterday so get registered guys or it ain't gonna happen,,,,,

R

Great location Hal and we would normally have been all over this except our son has chosen WFO season to get married in Vancouver. We will be up to our eyeballs in family and friends visiting here both before and after the wedding - so it just ain't going to happen this year.

All you folks on the fence - get signed up now! This will be another great rally - I double-damn guarantee it!

It'sbeen a real busy year since Feb. Getting the SO ready for the IBR and doing rides, moving, etc. Sort of forgot about WFO. Since I'm going to the IBR start, then riding back to UT for the 1088, then to the finish of the IBR, then will be going North to GBU as well, fitting the WFO in was in question. In the end, I decided it was worth the 8 hour slab on I-15 to participate and registered, and paid, today. I hope we get enough people to make the event happen. PM'd Hal to see how close we are... Figure Matt might be a tad busy.

Great location Hal and we would normally have been all over this except our son has chosen WFO season to get married in Vancouver. We will be up to our eyeballs in family and friends visiting here both before and after the wedding - so it just ain't going to happen this year.

All you folks on the fence - get signed up now! This will be another great rally - I double-damn guarantee it!
Sorry you are going to miss a chance to see me Dave. :D :p

My son chose to get married when I was on my way to Bonneville so I missed the races. To bad He screwed up and married a lawyer that specialized in divorce. It lasted less than a year. Hope your son does better.

A bad economy and my mother-in-law (I like her) deciding to visit during WFO made my decision for me. Hope it works out for attendees.
My MIL gets just the oposite response from me. Sorry you can't make it.

I'm in! Dragging my feet last year worked well as I ended up shattering a scapula and a couple of ribs, but I'm ready for a decent ride, and it's only a bit over a thousand miles, so only a day away without detours... :) .

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts