silvertip glove inserts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

not2shabby

Reaction score
Anybody tried these?

https://glovetips.com/Home.aspx

I just ordered some, they're on sale now for $15 if you use 'OffSeason' in the coupon code. Now I can do a quick tap of the screen w/o taking off a glove. Don't worry, I'm not going to be playing around with the phone while riding.

Anybody tried these?

https://glovetips.com/Home.aspx

I just ordered some, they're on sale now for $15 if you use 'OffSeason' in the coupon code. Now I can do a quick tap of the screen w/o taking off a glove. Don't worry, I'm not going to be playing around with the phone while riding.
How many came with it for $15? Do they look like they will last or will you need to replace them from time to time? Can you tell what they are made of?

You get 3 of them. I figure I'll just need one on my left index finger, so I could do 3 pairs of gloves. They're a small patch with silver thread in it and you get a needle to poke a hole through your glove and a string goes through that to contact your skin. The patch has adhesive to seal/keep it in place. You want to make sure you get it where you want it. I ordered some and will report back if ya want to wait a while. They're in Ohio, so it shouldn't take too long. For $15, I figure I'll give em a shot.

This would be what I would need If I ever upgraded my UMPC with it's old school resistive touch screen to the newer generation of netbook tablets.

I just got them in the mail tonight. This is what you get.

1120506077_photobucket_67265_.jpg

I tried them on my lightweight summer gloves first. You want to put the gloves on and play with your phone to decide exactly where you want the conductive tip. Then you put the needle inside the glove and poke it through that spot. It's basically a big sewing needle so next you just thread the needle with the thread attached to the disc and pull it into the glove untill the disc is close to where you want it. Then remove the backing from the 3M adhesive and pull the thread untill the disc is in place. Then just press it on the glove like this. The silver mterial on the bench is a patch you're supposed to tie to the thread and leave inside the glove to maximize contact with your skin.

1120506077_photobucket_67263_.jpg

I tried it w/o the patch tied to the thread and it worked! This is the thread hanging out of the glove. I just stuck it back in, I thought the patch tied to it might bunch up and be uncomfortable.

1120506077_photobucket_67262_.jpg

Next up were my Held gloves. I put one on and starting using the phone to get the placement down. Hmmm, the seams are on the fingertips where I put it on the other gloves. Ok, maybe more on the pad of my fingertip will work...whoa! The phone is responding to my inputs w/o the glovetip installed! Looking the gloves over, my scientific mind surmised that they must be sufficently soaked with sweat that they're conducting a charge w/o any help! So if your gloves look like this, try them with your phone and see if they work. You might be surprised and save yourself some $$.

1120506077_photobucket_67264_.jpg

If they don't work, the glovetips are a cheap way to make them work.

Wifey has a pair of tourmaster goatskin gloves which work very well with her Evo, even through the Aquabox.

With my Tourmaster Deertours gloves ... not so lucky.

I think I'll try them there glovetips.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used these for over a year now and they work great. The only issue I had was the sticky part on the tip of the glove peeled away very early. Just a little superglue did the trick. I have these on every pair of gloves I own.

Just an update: They work well for a while then stop working. Dunno why ... still not a replacement for a resistive touchscreen.