Few more photos from CFR2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gypsy

667 - Neighbour of the Beast
Reaction score
Here are a few more pictures from New Brunswick CFR.

Mike from 'Bikers B&B' and Canadian FJR (w/ 'morning face')!

IMGP2860.jpg

A cobbler at heart.

IMGP2861.jpg

Functional and yet Stylish!!

IMGP2862.jpg

Contemplating the walk back up.

IMGP2869.jpg

Mrs Ionbeam...beaming.

IMGP2875.jpg

Ray wonders "Can I pee here?"

IMGP2877.jpg

"Feeling lucky punk? Well are ya?!"

IMGP2878.jpg

Bikes at the hotel.

IMGP2891.jpg

Note MEM's sister Kate on the roof.

IMGP2896.jpg

Kate

IMGP2899.jpg

Jeff C. and Rebecca...or Ramona...or Jennifer...or Heather...????

IMGP2900.jpg

BeemerDon and Seth

IMGP2901.jpg

FJR Rob and Canadian FJR in the happy time before the puncture.

IMGP2902.jpg

Dessert following the Lobster Boil.

IMGP2903.jpg

First of Five Ferries.

IMGP2905.jpg

Ann-Marie riding hard into a left hander!

IMGP2910.jpg

Waiting for Ferry Two or maybe Three...

IMGP2911.jpg

St. Martin's

IMGP2913.jpg

Don and Seth lunching at St Martins

IMGP2914.jpg

View from Yamafitter's ear.

IMGP2915.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have sorted through ~2k pictures and will be posting them in 3-4 pages. There were a LOT of pictures taken by everyone so there is going to be a bunch of pictures that we all took of the same thing.

First, a big thanks to the organizers and the host that put this all together in beautiful New Brunswick.

MEM, ring leader, organizer, host and ride leader -- how could we go wrong!

IMG_7671b.jpg

The following pictures are from Monday where a small group of Rally Riders rode south to meet them damn Yankees riding up from the US.

Our first stop was a tribute to Don Messer and his fiddle.

IMG_0596b.jpg

IMG_0587b.jpg

Lupines were in bloom everywhere we went, very pretty.

IMG_0104b.jpg

Next stop was the Chocolate Museum for some tasty treats.

IMG_0009c.jpg

IMG_0599b.jpg

IMG_0600b.jpg

This safe is behind the cash register, it is where they store their special chocolate products.

IMG_0597b.jpg

While MEM was looking for Fred W and his group to arrive they sneaked in behind her. (L - R Joann, Fred W and Mary Ellen MEM)

IMG_0015b.jpg

Next we were off for some of the Best Seafood Ever™, a reoccurring theme during our rides.

IMG_0059b.jpg

IMG_0057b.jpg

Getting to know St. Andrews, another quaint NB town.

IMG_0071b.jpg

IMG_0075b.jpg

IMG_0613b.jpg

IMG_0604b.jpg

FJRob1300 - Rob

IMG_0604bb.jpg

L-R Hat under his chin - Pierre FJRPierre, MEM behind the camera, sitting Rob, Thingfish Paul, Shakin Ian, Fred Fred W

IMG_0616b.jpg

Painted buildings seem to be common.

IMG_0078c.jpg

IMG_0611b.jpg

IMG_0081b.jpg

IMG_0083b.jpg

IMG_0098b.jpg

The group finally arrives back at the Silverwood to check in at party central.

IMG_0160b.jpg

I have sorted through ~2k pictures and will be posting them in 3-4 pages. There were a LOT of pictures taken by everyone so there is going to be a bunch of pictures that we all took of the same thing.
These are GREAT Alan Helen ;) I'm in St Andrews 2 or 3 times every summer and don't notice the things a 'fresh eye' does!

Thank you for posting. I'm looking forward to more of them.

ps - when you come to the Monday evening pics, remember: "What happens at CFR, stays at CFR" :p

Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

But something is wrong here.........

Don and Seth lunching at St Martins

IMGP2914.jpg

That table is WAY to small for what those two boys can eat!

:p
No worries, the Waitress brought out an auxiliary serving table for Seth and I to eat off of.

The food in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick was so phenomenal. Incredibly fresh seafood!

These are GREAT Alan Helen ;) I'm in St Andrews 2 or 3 times every summer and don't notice the things a 'fresh eye' does!

ps - when you come to the Monday evening pics, remember: "What happens at CFR, stays at CFR" :p
When we ride together all the moving pixs are Helen's and most of the stopped pixs are mine. Except when Helen thinks that I've had enough single malt scotch that I can't shoot pixs no more ;) I perform all post picture processing to let the shots be all they can be. BUT, what happens at CFR -- will be part of my next release of pixs :)

Looks like a lot of fun!

Good photos Jude and Helen/Alan!

Hey Jude, I haven't heard anything from you in awhile...glad to see you're still alive and kicking!

When we ride together all the moving pixs are Helen's and most of the stopped pixs are mine. Except when Helen thinks that I've had enough single malt scotch that I can't shoot pixs no more ;) I perform all post picture processing to let the shots be all they can be. BUT, what happens at CFR -- will be part of my next release of pixs :)
OK - point taken and my bad ;)

But it WAS Helen taking all the what-happens-at-CFR photos :D

*snip*

BUT, what happens at CFR -- will be part of my next release of pixs :)
There ya go...

No need ta show us all the pretty flowers n shit....

:grin:
But the roses, lilacs and lupine are so beautiful!

CFR Reunion photo. I was a CFR virgin when I met these doods at CFR '08 :D

gdsfjr03 (Greg), Canadian FJR (Scott), gypsy (Jude), FJRob1300 (Rob - peeking), NSrider (Kevin) and Charlie Hoss (Charlie). Missing from photo (in bed :blink: ) Polarize (Ray - the most serious guy at CFR ) and Mrs NSrider (Ann Marie). We're doing another photo at CFR 2012, right guys and AM?

CFR-Day-3-June-22-2011-415-S.jpg

Oh real damn nice Steve, not a single fecking word about my weight loss (7 lbs.) eh!
Well congrats on having a big crap, you musta've given birth to a another bastage step-child :)

WOOT! Two for one!

A little explanation is in order. CFR last year in Mont Tremblant. In the wee hours of morning out in the parking lot, Sharon, Charlie, MEM, Christie, Ray, Ian and myself are standing around making far to much noise. Charlie is standing between Sharon and MEM.. Both are wound up like energizer bunnies talking a mile a minute about different things.. AT Charlie. No shit, they sounded like geese.

With the most perfect timing, Charlie says "I think I've lost weight!"

You had to be there for it, but the really hilarious bit was that that both of them shut up while thier brains did a hard reset.

Doesn't surprise me Charlie doesn't remember though, Christie's special blend was having it's affects. :D

Surprisingly, we were all up early on Tuesday morning for a ride to Hopewell Rocks, in the past casually known as the Flower Pots. This was the longer of the rides we were to enjoy. The scenery was perfect, my pillion says the roads were not so perfect :ph34r:

The riders stage, get instructions and are assigned to one of the three ride leaders to keep group size manageable.

IMG_0176b.jpg

Ride leader Mark in silver/black and Jim in red/black leathers on a spiffy BMW that was an honorary FJR for CFR. L-R Greg GDSfjr03, Shakin Ian, Mark, John d John, Jim, Polarize Ray,

IMG_0179b.jpg

Ride leader MEM, outstanding in her field.

IMG_0199b.jpg

We are off. Newest to be assimilated into the FJR world is Joe in the black half helmet.

IMG_0200b.jpg

Bridges and water are reoccurring themes on every ride. The rivers were up quite a bit flooding the areas around their banks.

IMG_0224b.jpg

IMG_0241b.jpg

IMG_0244b.jpg

IMG_0151b.jpg

Aldog and Amanda all smiles at a ride organization stop.

IMG_0259b.jpg

IMG_0269b.jpg

IMG_0300b.jpg

IMG_0301b.jpg

First scenic stop with a panoramic view. Mass quantities of group, motorcycle and ocean pictures were taken.

IMG_0391b.jpg

IMG_0396b.jpg

The Bay of Fundy tides average 11 ft to 23 ft, though places can have tides as much as 55 ft. These boats are sitting on cradles.

IMG_0404b.jpg

We saw many different types of flowers but they were all some shade of yellow except for the purple and pink lupines. Lots of fields were a solid carpet of yellow.

IMG_0418b.jpg

Between these two signs is the Vanishing Point.

IMG_0458b.jpg

IMG_0461b.jpg

IMG_0472b.jpg

IMG_0497b.jpg

Next scenic stop. Soft asphalt and gravity overcame a German side stand without a WinPro™ foot. While the result was just cosmetic, it is very expensive cosmetics.

IMG_0634b.jpg

The main attraction of the day was the Hopewell Rocks. The tides have carved the cliffs into free standing rock pillars that average 36 ft to 46 ft tall.

At low tide it has a look that reminds me of the Easter Island statues. At mid tide the rocks remind me of YES Tales From Topographic Oceans album cover.

IMG_0635b.jpg

IMG_0666b.jpg

IMG_0669b.jpg

IMG_0682b.jpg

IMG_0693b.jpg

_MG_7717b.jpg

_MG_7760b.jpg

When the tide starts to come in people become inspired to climb this steep stair case.

_MG_7835b.jpg

After eating lunch at the Best Seafood Restaurant in the world (again) the groups headed home. The sometimes choppy roads didn't agree with my pillion at all so we split off and wandered home at our own pace. Yet another bridge.

IMG_7932b.jpg