2011 SE Ohio Fall Ramble

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here ye! Hear ye!

Calling for all sporttouring type riders for the 2011 SE Ohio Fall Ramble! Gather on Sunday September 18th.

Kickstands up (Full tanks) at 8:00am Sunday morning at the Best Western parking lot.

Being an out of towner, I have no idea about road conditions - so be ready for anything.

Like ALWAYS, these roads are not for the feint of heart, so ride your own ride!

Riders (so far)

wheatonFJR

griff

El Toro Joe

SLK50

yamafitter

drc32-0

Bryguy

Intech

gearman

PhilJet09

FLOWBACK

0Face

Bockelrider

Gray Ray

scraped up??

extrememarine

BikerGeek 2up

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...

Count me as a definite maybe.

We'll see as the time gets closer.

At the very least, I'll try to get down there and pre-ride the route to check out conditions for ya. We'll see - the summer is filling up...

Mark,

Count me in...it might just be a one day thing for me, but hopefully I can come down Saturday (for the pre-party). I was just down 536 a couple weeks ago on my way to WV...that road ain't what it use to be. Looking forward to seeing everyone that can make it again. :yahoo:

You need to get Jim to come up for this one

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be in except the weekend before is the Rendevous Rally south of Montreal, and the weekend after is EOM. Considering I'm calling sick for both events, I figure I'd just be right out of work entirely if I tried for a three-fer.

I'd be in except the weekend before is the Rendevous Rally south of Montreal, and the weekend after is EOM. Considering I'm calling sick for both events, I figure I'd just be right out of work entirely if I tried for a three-fer.

Sorry to hear that Steve...but I understand.

(After this Ramble, I'm planning on some WV riding and scoping out Breaks Interstate Park for a possible Wheaton Appalacian Camping Meet location...before heading over to the EOM Area.)

Count me in! I'll be in Marietta that weekend and was hoping to get in some riding

on Sunday. This would be perfect.

I'll be leaving Marietta Monday morning and heading down SLD/BRP etc.,

taking the LONG way to EOM.

Here ye! Hear ye!

Calling for all sporttouring type riders for the 2011 SE Ohio Fall Ramble! 350 miles of curvy road riding bliss. The route is as follows...

2010Rambleroutemap-350miles.jpg

Like the previous couple of years, we are basing this Ramble out of Caldwell, OH. Griff and I are staying at the Best Western, reservations have been made already...I have no idea how many rooms are available, so check quickly. There is a great family restaurant within walking distance of the Best Western for breakfasts and dinners.

Kickstands up (Full tanks) at 9:00am Sunday morning at the Best Western parking lot.

Gas stops/breaks at point 12, point 23, and in Woodsfield. Lunch stop in Marietta at Wendy's.

Thought we'd take an extended stop in Woodsfield at one of the places there...unless people have to hit the road.

So how about it? :clapping:

Being an out of towner, I have no idea about road conditions - so be ready for anything.

Like ALWAYS, these roads are not for the feint of heart, so ride your own ride!

Riders (so far)

wheatonFJR

griff

El Toro Joe

SLK50

Maybe- damned fence sitters

BikerGeek99
That looks like absolute heaven. What date does it take place?

Watching this thread, I'm in if I can be there.

-MD
Hope you can make it...when will you know better?
Sept, is a bit away for me. :) But I've put it on my calendar.

There are many factors that affect my schedule (in no particular order):

5 kids (and all that comes with that)

Job

Horses

Shooting sports

and other rides that are still in the planning stages ;)

I would likely ride out and meet yall, probably not spend the night on Sat.

I rode the Hanibal to Woodsfield road a couple of weeks ago. They did many sewerline crossovers on the road. Reall a nice smoothe repair, but the stuff looks as though is could be slippery. It shines like patent leather shoes. 147 is very nice, if you come that far north. MIGHT join you guys, if we are back from Wisconsin. At any rate, I'll ride a few of the routes when time gets close, as I live not quite a hr from Hanibal.

I rode the Hanibal to Woodsfield road a couple of weeks ago. They did many sewerline crossovers on the road. Reall a nice smoothe repair, but the stuff looks as though is could be slippery. It shines like patent leather shoes. 147 is very nice, if you come that far north. MIGHT join you guys, if we are back from Wisconsin. At any rate, I'll ride a few of the routes when time gets close, as I live not quite a hr from Hanibal.

Thanks Tim for the report. If 536 is not in good shape, then we may just do a down and back on 255 up north to 78 east, then north to 556 west.

We won't be going north of 556...so we will not be riding 147 on this route.

This will be an excellent tune-up for EOM. I'm IN since it will be on the way to EOM (sort of).

That looks like absolute heaven. What date does it take place?
The date is in the thread title. Sunday, September 18. Can you make it?

I will edit the post to include it in the main text of the post as well now.
Sorry that I missed seeing the date. I'll have to check on some other things going on around then. We'll keep watching this thread, tho.