First Sunday Ride on the new to me FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PoundingAssphalt

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum so I hope this is the right type of post for this area. Took a nice little ride this past Sunday on my new bike. Left early before the heat. Could not get the wife out of bed that early on a Sunday morning. Have a buddy with a cruiser that was supposed to come along but he bowed out. First leg of the ride up I17 was kind of boring. Could not have asked for nicer weather. The ride from Flag down to Sedona was very nice. It was still early so the traffic through Oak Creek Canyon was not that heavy. Had to slow down quite often for the folks taking photo's from there car windows. The ride from Sedona down through Cottonwood and Jerome and up over Mingus Mountain to Prescott valley was the best part of the ride. Have to be some of the best curves I have been on so far(drove 89A between Prescott and Wilhoit last week some good curves on that road also).The road conditions could have been a little better. Was rough in a lot of the corners. Here is the route I took. Look forward to some longer trips with the wife on the back. Probably should get a few more miles under my belt before taking a passenger on these types of roads. Was not sure how to upload map so I hope the link works.

Ride Safe. Terry

https://maps.google.c...4,5,6,7&t=h&z=9

Looks like a lot of fun. Certainly will consider it. Thanks
You don't want to miss this fantastically fun FJR Forum Event Terry, here's our SW-FOG 2011 Master of Ceremonies: SkooterG of Skootsdale, AZ; also a Forum Admin!

DSCF0091.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a lot of fun. Certainly will consider it. Thanks
You don't want to miss this fantastically fun FJR Forum Event Terry, here's our SW-FOG 2011 Master of Ceremonies: SkooterG of Skootsdale, AZ; also a Forum Admin!

DSCF0091.jpg
Star Island I recognize that place anyway. I don't know, you guys look a little too serious for me.