Creston, Kali to Stowe, VT

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Well, my MapSource died a horrible death so I'm using google maps.

Any improvements on this route? I sure hope so.. I want to run as many secondary roads as possible and this route as is looks like an IBR run and I'm just a CandyButt...

I have 5 days, ain't afraid to ride in the dark, and if it's hot like it's been..

But then again them NERDIES have told me that when I get there the weather will be beeyoooouuutiiifuuulll!

Any typical helpful touristy things a feller should see just to say he's seen them? :)

After leaving Stowe am headed to Salem Oregon..

Well, my MapSource died a horrible death so I'm using google maps.

Any improvements on this route? I sure hope so.. I want to run as many secondary roads as possible and this route as is looks like an IBR run and I'm just a CandyButt...

I have 5 days, ain't afraid to ride in the dark, and if it's hot like it's been..

But then again them NERDIES have told me that when I get there the weather will be beeyoooouuutiiifuuulll!

Any typical helpful touristy things a feller should see just to say he's seen them? :)

After leaving Stowe am headed to Salem Oregon..
Never actually made it to Creston, but I really enjoyed the 58 and 41 from the south San Joaquin valley!

Dude, your CB membership is in serious jeopardy with this trip. CB management might have to revoke it!

Don't worry, I won't tell the CB prez a thing!

Last edited by a moderator:
I80 in Illinois sucks,construction starts West of Princeton, IL and continues through Chicago area.

Did you check a route using I70, Dunno but might be a better way.

I80 in Illinois sucks,construction starts West of Princeton, IL and continues through Chicago area.

If you come throught 80 in IL early in the morning or late at night the worst stretch is between I-55 and the Des Plaines River. I came through that stretch last Thursday morning about 8:00 am it wasn't too bad.

Also , just so ya know - your route through IN and OH is all tollway and a good part of NY is tollway. IN just raised the rate for cash payment, so if you don't have an EZPass or EZTag or some such tollway transponder, now might be a good time to get one. Illinois IPass is pretty good, no monthly fee, just a $10 deposit.

Tx for the input guys - tollways? What's a tollway? Don't you peeps pay taxes for roadways? :blink:

Inquiring Minds Want to Know: Are you riding the new orange KTM 690 Enduro?
Have you ever sat on a KTM??

An oak 2x4 would be more comfortable. Everyone who I know with a Katoom goes to an aftermarket seat if they are going to spend any time in the seat.

Tx for the input guys - tollways? What's a tollway? Don't you peeps pay taxes for roadways? :blink:
Yeeeeah, don't get me started on toll roads... the i-90 those guys are talking about is cheap.... of course, cheap is relative, you can go from Buffalo to Albany NY for like $15.... so, come on up to Toronto, highway 407, sold to a private consortium, charges 22.6 cents per kilometer at peak time.. yep, something like 36 cents a mile. And, you'll like it, or so they tell us. A trip across Toronto will cost you the same as the whole NY trip.

If you come throught 80 in IL early in the morning or late at night the worst stretch is between I-55 and the Des Plaines River. I came through that stretch last Thursday morning about 8:00 am it wasn't too bad.

Also , just so ya know - your route through IN and OH is all tollway and a good part of NY is tollway. IN just raised the rate for cash payment, so if you don't have an EZPass or EZTag or some such tollway transponder, now might be a good time to get one. Illinois IPass is pretty good, no monthly fee, just a $10 deposit.
Am I better off just riding secondary roads, if there are any? I'm not made of $$ and need save my coin for whiskey and steaks..

You buy it for me, I'll ride it there! Fair enough?

Have you ever sat on a KTM??

An oak 2x4 would be more comfortable. Everyone who I know with a Katoom goes to an aftermarket seat if they are going to spend any time in the seat.
Join in the purchase with Beemerdon's and I'll ride there with a STOCK seat! :eek:

Yeeeeah, don't get me started on toll roads... the i-90 those guys are talking about is cheap.... of course, cheap is relative, you can go from Buffalo to Albany NY for like $15.... so, come on up to Toronto, highway 407, sold to a private consortium, charges 22.6 cents per kilometer at peak time.. yep, something like 36 cents a mile. And, you'll like it, or so they tell us. A trip across Toronto will cost you the same as the whole NY trip.
Do alternate routes exist or is it just pay the freakin piper? Secondary roads?

Another ??? Does one of them paid for passes apply to just one state or various states on the same corridor?

Another ??? Does one of them paid for passes apply to just one state or various states on the same corridor?
The Illinois IPass transponder works in IL, IN, OH, PA, NY and other places in the east. Costs a ten dollar deposit (refundable). Other states transponders typically work for all states mentioned.

There are alernate routes, but just take a lot longer.

The Illinois IPass transponder works in IL, IN, OH, PA, NY and other places in the east. Costs a ten dollar deposit (refundable). Other states transponders typically work for all states mentioned.

There are alernate routes, but just take a lot longer.
Thanks Griff - now to find out where to get one of these magical thingies..