NAFO #3 - Rally in the Rockies!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRGuy

FJR Rally Addict! :D
Reaction score
NAFO #3 - Rally in the Rockies

June 21st - 24th, 2012

Castlegar, BC

As officially announced at CFR 2011, the dates and location for NAFO are set! I apologize to those looking for info. I have only been home a couple of days since CFR and have been negligent in my Rallymaster duties. :-( Upon my return to the city (in ~32 weeks) I will finalize the Hotel deal and get the website up and running.

Posted via iPhone from the lake! ;-)

Edited for timing!
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempting....I'd have to take 2 weeks vacation for it. Looks like 3k miles there & back, and that's the speedy route, and without the riding during the rally. Plenty o' time to ask for vaca, unlike the last NAFO.

I'll blow my entire vacation allotment on this trip without blinking an eye. The only question is will I have the time to run up to Hyder? Regardless. I'll be there.

This is beginning to look very interesting. I can usually take a 3 week vacation so I can hire a bike out of Seattle or Vancouver then head east for a few days through WA,ID and MT before heading to Castlegar. Then a big loop North to Hyder. I just need to finish paying off my credit cards from my recent trip through Scandinavia and Eastern Europe then I can start planning in earnest.

Sounds Great, Fantastic! Many thanks for your hard work on this Jeff, it's much appreciated by our FJR Forum. Stanley Boys are IN for NAFO #3-Rally in the Rockies!

nope,not even a naked barb can get me back into canada.
Are you serious, William? Papa Chuy would cross into the jungles of Columbia for a naked Barb! Hell's Bell's, I might even ride over to Arkansas for that! jes' sayin'!

Oh yeah! Up for this one! Gonna have to get my passport renewed to get back into Amurica after visiting Canuckistan again, but even for a champion procrastinator like myself, that should be doable. Love your beautiful mountains, lakes, roadways* and citizens. This'un is gonna require another 10 to 14 day commitment, with requisite wanderings from northern Californistan, to get there and back.

* Well, excepting those infernal wooden surfaced bridges on corners in the rain.

Wow! What happened, did they give you a strip search with cavities included last time you crossed the border? :eek:
Greg, I think that they are saving that one for Old Michael!

I'll blow my entire vacation allotment on this trip without blinking an eye. The only question is will I have the time to run up to Hyder? Regardless. I'll be there.
Easy-Peasy, Bungie! 21 hours covering 1,050 miles, per MapQuest. https://classic.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Castlegar&1s=BC&1y=CA&1l=49.296249&1g=-117.654182&1v=CITY&2c=Hyder&2s=AK&2y=US&2l=55.916901&2g=-130.024704&2v=CITY

been twice,other places to venture
Sometimes it seems bill that you find it to be your task in life to rain on other people's parades if at all possible.

I say PARTY ON!!!! :clapping:

And Papa Chuy says: PARTY ON NAKED!
Well that's not going to help attendance. We need naked women, not a crusty old fart like you. ;)

been twice,other places to venture
Sometimes it seems bill that you find it to be your task in life to rain on other people's parades if at all possible.

I say PARTY ON!!!! :clapping:

And Papa Chuy says: PARTY ON NAKED!
Well that's not going to help attendance. We need naked women, not a crusty old fart like you. ;)
You're right, TCMIKE! This would be a lot better:

Bump1.jpg

Bill's afraid he'd have to buck up with the drink he promised me in Nakusp and didn't deliver on.

He hid the whole weekend in his room last Sept in Parksville, askeeeerd of lil ole me.

That, and he's STILL whining about the rain for his B2B when he left

:huh: