BLACK Kuryakyn ISO Grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txvoyager

Reaction score
I want to replace the stock grips on my 2003 and see that down through history the BMW grips seem to be a favorite -- but unfortunately no longer available.

I like the look of the new (at least I've not noticed them until recently) BLACK Kuryakyn ISO grips. I had had the standard chrome ones on several bikes and love them. Does anyone know if these are going to fit my 2003?

Black ISO Grips on the Kuryakyn site

6344-1.jpg

The description says:

Fits: Universal: 7/8” handlebars with OEM grips that are not longer than 4-5/8”

Yamaha: All ‘00-‘10 YZF-R6/R6S/600R, ‘00-‘10 YZF-R1/ 1000R & ‘01-‘10 FZ1/1000

Which sounds like the guidelines I've read on the posts I've found for the ISO grips, but would just like a second opinion. In looking at the installation guide (Guide found here) it indicates the following:

Right Side Assembly: 1” I.D. ISO-Grip

Left Side Assembly: 7/8” I.D. ISO-Grip

Thanks in advance from a new FJR rider!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had (and liked) the Kuryakyn grips on a couple of previous bikes. Larger diameter, secure grip and vibration reduction have been great. I might also be interested in trying them on the FJR. From their website, Kuryakyn doesn't seem to recognize the existence of the FJR. I have thought about getting the Grip Puppies but don't really like the look - too much like foam pipe insulation. Let us know if you have any success with these on your bike.

Ross

Edit: FWIW, the J&P site suggests that they are suitable for the FJR...

https://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ50586

Last edited by a moderator:
I know they're expensive, but since they are used 100% of the time I'm on the bike, I took the plunge. I think they look great and are very comfortable...

Black+Kuryakyn+ISO+Grips.jpg

FWIW, I bought the 6341 model. I just wish that Kuryakyn made the highway pegs in black to match...

... see that down through history the BMW grips seem to be a favorite -- but unfortunately no longer available.
I'd be real surprised if the BMW grips are no longer available. BMW tends to make parts available for a looooong time. And they are great grips. I've had them on multiple bikes... BMW and otherwise. They look simple; but they are very comfortable.

I know they're expensive, but since they are used 100% of the time I'm on the bike, I took the plunge. I think they look great and are very comfortable...

FWIW, I bought the 6341 model. I just wish that Kuryakyn made the highway pegs in black to match...
kman09 said:

? I just e-mailed Kuryakyn on this grips and the gave me part# 6344?

I have 2009 FJR think they would look great with all the other black.

How were they to install? Let me know........

I can't figure put the difference between the 6341 and the 6344. Install was a breeze. They even include the glue. No modification needed...

On 3rd set of grip puppies they don't keep there shape and once wet there gone.

Time for something new............

Thanks for the reply on the ISO Grips
You're welcome. If you figure out the difference between those two model numbers, let me know. You'll note that I started looking at the 44 models in my OP. I can tell you that the 41's fit perfectly. I bought mine from Dennis Kirk along with my ISO pegs to attach to my Wild Bill mounts.

On 3rd set of grip puppies they don't keep there shape and once wet there gone.

Time for something new............
50k miles per...all weather riding...3rd set on 142k mile '04

never an issue for me...wear first gear meshtex gloves summer and tourmaster winter elite cold weather

really should keep welding gloves away from the grips

Thanks for the reply on the ISO Grips
You're welcome. If you figure out the difference between those two model numbers, let me know. You'll note that I started looking at the 44 models in my OP. I can tell you that the 41's fit perfectly. I bought mine from Dennis Kirk along with my ISO pegs to attach to my Wild Bill mounts.
call or email their cust support...Kury's tech support is excellent

https://www.kuryakyn.com/Metric-Store

Customer Service

1-866-277-9598

Are the part numbers different because of Gen I / Gen II? First bike is an 03, the next one is 09 - I'm wanting these for my 07.