Tire Prices – Post up.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
As mentioned in this thread, I have put together a spreadsheet to help figure out where the best prices. I started this because pricing at my local shops was so inflated. As much as I’d like to spend money locally, they were, on average, $80-$100 more per set of tires than online sources. I figure this thread would go hand in hand with FredW’s tire poll thread. Look at that thread to see what the flavor of the day is, then take a look here to see what it’s running.

Because I cannot surf every vendor website every day, if you find a price that’s cheaper then listed, post it up and I’ll get the worksheet updated. Know of a vendor that I have not got listed, post it. In order to avoid this turning into a NERPT, let keep posts to just the facts (tire brand, cost each, and shipping) and put the chatter elsewhere.

The worksheet is sorted by tire brand / model, then by cost.

Extrememarine’s Tire Cost comparison Worksheet.

Enjoy,

Wayne.

Set of Avon Storm Ultra 2 from Southwest Moto Tires: $282.90 (doesn't reflect the $50 rebate from Avon). Not sure about B spec. Got these the end of June.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pretty sure the $50 rebate ($25 per tire) from Avon on the Storm 2's ended 30 June 2011. I searched the Avon site, and SWMOTO and no mention of the rebate now.

Set of Avon Storm Ultra 2 from Southwest Moto Tires: $282.90 (doesn't reflect the $50 rebate from Avon). Not sure about B spec. Got these the end of June.

I am pretty sure the $50 rebate ($25 per tire) from Avon on the Storm 2's ended 30 June 2011. I searched the Avon site, and SWMOTO and no mention of the rebate now.

Yep. Sorry, forgot to mention that. Got them right at the end of the offer.

Info for my latest favorite, the Conti Motion:

- You have twobrotherstires.com showing a combo at $155. It is now $175.

- MotorcycleSuperstore has the cheapest that I am aware of: Front: $64.99 Rear: $96.99 No shipping, so $161.98 for a set.

Excellent spreadsheet Wayne. I have used it many a time in the past.

SkooterG - updated, thanks. I had not seen much discussion on the Conti-Motions, so they had not been updated regularly. I'll add them back in the rotation. -wr

- MotorcycleSuperstore has the cheapest that I am aware of: Front: $64.99 Rear: $96.99 No shipping, so $161.98 for a set.

What kinda mileage are you getting out of those?

I'm still using PR2's and have 1 front and 2 rears on the shelf.

When I mounted my last set, my local unauthorized HD shop balanced them for me. I live in a small town, so have known the owner for many yrs. I was just down there the other day catching up after my out west trip/GBU run and he told me that next time bring my online prices to him as he is a dealer for many brands; if he can do it, he'll match tire prices or anything else I need. So, I'm gonna give him a shot. Hell, if he's close I'll go that way as I prefer to keep my business local when I can.

Now, if I can get my little Yam-Suz shop to deal with me, I'll be all set!

What kinda mileage are you getting out of those?
Still unknown. I am not expecting much as they are really soft and sticky. I usually get 10-16k miles out of tires. Hoping to get 8k out of these. Currently have 3500 miles on them and they are still looking good.

Even though they are cheap, I am still thinking their cost/mile will be a bit higher than others like the PR2, but boy-o-boy, they sure elevate the fun factor.

I'm glad I ordered an extra set at those prices. They are up $16/set there as well.

Nice work on the spreadsheet! Me thinks I'll join Beemerdon's Bastard Child and try a set of Continentals. For that price, I can nearly get two sets for the price of one set of PR2's.

Just got a Black Friday deal a Capital Yamaha (Sacramento) for Michelin Pilot Road 3 at $110.50 front 120/70ZR17 and $140.50 rear 180/55ZR17. One day only at the store Black Friday at Dealer's cost. So if you wanted to know what bottom-line cost is, this is it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked a handful of sites for Pilot Road 3:

Ironpony: 353.98

Derby Cycles: 307.98

SouthWestMotoTires: 306.84

SportTour: 295.90

I think it's obvious who I'll order from, but thought you might like the new data for your spreadsheet...

Ya' know, you might wanna consider opening that sheet up so that whomever is shopping can help keep it up to date?

FWIW, HIH, YMMV, SDA, yada yada yada...

Revzilla -Michelin Pilot Road 3 rear $167.31 bought March 13

Motorcycle SuperStore- Michelin Pilot Road 3 bought August 2011 $136.99

Michelin Pilot Road 2 11.3k miles spec B rear and a TERRIBLE front tire Pilot Road 2 -new skins mounted Easter w.e..