SW-FOG 2011: Please post up your FJR pictures here!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
One of the greatest parts of all FJR Forum Events is the fun time spent with friends. Here left to right are Big-Dan, HotRodZilla-AJ, pinhead Dave, Skip - zzzzip and Papa Chuy Viejo - Beemerdons getting ready to polish off a couple of pitchers of green chile beer at Eske's Brew Pub in beautiful downtown Taos.

DSCF0120.jpg

Here are the FJR's of Greg - Geezer of New York and Paul from New Jersey. I think that they along with Jim - fljab from Mims, Florida have to be our long distance ride winners. Ken H. - blufjr also racked up a lot of miles to attend SW-FOG 2011.

DSCF0125.jpg

Papa Chuy Viejo tends to drink just a little too much at these events. This is the view of the hotel bar over the top of BeemerDonS feet, just after a sixer of Tecate and just before I took my afternoon nap on the pool patio.

DSCF0118.jpg

Thursday's ride was to tour the Atomic Museum in Los Alamos, New Mexico. After spending an hour examining the history of the Manhattan Project we rode to Jemez Springs for lunch. We had a delicious repast at Los Ojos (the eyes) restaurant and seated left to right are Tucson Joe, Cec and Paul; Chris is in the foreground.

DSCF0128.jpg

Left to right are Ken H. - blufjr and petey - petey. In the background is Greg - Geezer just checking to see if he had gone bald on this trip. Ha, ha!

DSCF0127.jpg

Herr petey is in the foreground. At the back table left to right are Geezer, Big-Dan, marcusorelius - Mark and Duke the Wonder Dog. Duke is such an FJR trooper, I really love that dog!

DSCF0126.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wednesday's ride was the Enchanted Circle Loop: We rode North to Questa, East through Red River to Eagle Nest and then South to Angel Fire, New Mexico. Here is everyone chatting and inspecting their machines before heading out on the day ride.

DSCF0122.jpg

The Triumph Club was also staying at the Kachina Lodge while we were there. We saw just about every modern Triumph, from the new Bonneville to the speed triples. There were also a number of Harley-Davidson folk staying at the lodge, they brough their Big Twins in on enclosed trailers!

DSCF0124.jpg

https://www.vietnamveteransmemorial.org/ We stopped at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Angel Fire and this is always so emotionally moving. It always amazes me just how many members of our FJR Forum have served in our United States Military. I'm roughly guessing that a third of the SW-FOG 2011 attendees are American Armed Forces Veterans.

DSCF0114.jpg

Just a few of the FJR herd.

DSCF0117.jpg

More of the FJR Forum Crew.

DSCF0115.jpg

The weather was absolutely perfect for both of the day rides, couldn't have asked for better riding conditions!

DSCF0116.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UH-1_Iroquois A lot of the SW-FOG 2011 group, including BeemerDonS, have ridden in this old warbird: The famous workhorse Huey. Eric - OCFjr told me a very interesting story of his stint as a door gunner in a Navy chopper. Crewing on a military helicopter is definitely an EXPERIENCE! After we left the Vietnam Veteran Memorial Museum in Angel Fire we rode South through Guadalupita to Mora. We then rode West to the Sipapu Mountian Ski Resort Lodge for lunch, we all had the fantastic Hatch green chile with cheese and bacon burgers. After our repast we rode North through Vallecitos on MM 518 to return to the Kachina Lodge in Taos, a very nice 200+ mile ride with a great group of FJR Friends.

DSCF0113.jpg

What I always like most about leading FJR Forum Riding Events is the high level of skill that each and every FJR rider possesses. I never have to worry about a newbie error or rider brain fart while leading FJR Forum Folks for hundreds of miles!

Great pics! I wish I could have ridden with all that crew and enjoyed those green chili cheeseburgers (my favorite). Oddly I seem to recognize Marcusoreilus. Is he from Albuquerque? I met an FJR rider on the top of Mt. Evans this summer and he looks familiar. Just wonderin.... :rolleyes:

Great pics! I wish I could have ridden with all that crew and enjoyed those green chili cheeseburgers (my favorite). Oddly I seem to recognize Marcusoreilus. Is he from Albuquerque? I met an FJR rider on the top of Mt. Evans this summer and he looks familiar. Just wonderin.... :rolleyes:
SQUEAL, marcusorelius - Mark is from Kingman, Arizona. But he and Duke the Wonder Dog really ride a lot around the Western United States. It could have been him.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showuser=17353 Mark shoots a lot of videos, here's a few. He shot lots of footage in Taos. Really looking forward to seeing his SW-FOG movies.

YE Gads! It is petey! Don't let Andy see this, he'll shat hisself fer shure.
petey was our SW-FOG 2011 Ride Lesson Instructor: If you can't ride with the Big Dogs, stay on the fecking porch!

petey was also the Official SW-FOG 2011 Enforcer: Dan and I were going to hire Chuck Norris to do the job, but we figured why hire some pussy when we had petey to do the deed!

The pic Don took at the pool, at some point behind that rot-iron fence Old Michael, Tucson Joe, his wife Cec and I were sitting in those chairs drinking beer wondering where in the hell Don had disappeared to only to finally see his ass in the pool. OM threatened to go in the pool and show everyone what a 6-Pack really looks like, but I think he was jealous of Don's purple & lime green throng!

Don didn't say he was going for a swim for fear he'd be over-run by the women staying at the hotel that couldn't hold themselves back thinking Tom Selleck was in the pool naked.

I know this thread is for pictures, but I have to share this. Don was at the computer the Hotel provides and I was standing there talking with him drinking a beer. Suddenly Don, looking out the window says "Damn, have you ever seen such a big ugly head on a human body in your life?" Not being able to see out the window where I was standing, I walked to the window to see this sight Don was describing only to see Old Michael had pulled up out front with Bokerfork. That was so funny I almost spit out my beer laughing so hard. I love these rides when everything comes together. OM is a funny guy, he can have you laughing very easily.

Excellent! Keep the pix and stories coming! :yahoo:

EDIT - especially the Chama RR pix!

I know this thread is for pictures, but I have to share this. Don was at the computer the Hotel provides and I was standing there talking with him drinking a beer. Suddenly Don, looking out the window says "Damn, have you ever seen such a big ugly head on a human body in your life?" Not being able to see out the window where I was standing, I walked to the window to see this sight Don was describing only to see Old Michael had pulled up out front with Bokerfork. That was so funny I almost spit out my beer laughing so hard. I love these rides when everything comes together. OM is a funny guy, he can have you laughing very easily.
Dan, do you really find Old Michael funny?

MadMike2 and Papa Chuy find him sexy!!

DeathValleyDay3020.jpg

The pic Don took at the pool, at some point behind that rot-iron fence Old Michael, Tucson Joe, his wife Cec and I were sitting in those chairs drinking beer wondering where in the hell Don had disappeared to only to finally see his ass in the pool. OM threatened to go in the pool and show everyone what a 6-Pack really looks like, but I think he was jealous of Don's purple & lime green throng!

Don didn't say he was going for a swim for fear he'd be over-run by the women staying at the hotel that couldn't hold themselves back thinking Tom Selleck was in the pool naked.
Either I've put on more weight since SW-FOG 2010 or I shrank my purple & lime green thong since last year in Toas, Nuevo Mexico. "The Boys" were really pinched up!

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

MAN BOOBS.................................... :dribble:

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

MAN BOOBS.................................... :dribble:
Why thank you Ray, that's the nicest thing anyone from our FJR Forum has said to me since Bustanut joker told me I didn't sweat too much for a fat boy at CFR QC!

Come On Kids, post up your SW-FOG 2011 pictures for Pride and Posterity! After you have washed your bike, done your laundry, kissed the wife / girlfriend and gave your dog a good petting:

Get on Photobucket and transfer your pics of the Toas, Nuevo Mexico FJR Love In to our Fine FJR Forum! We can start another separate NSFW thread if we need to (Old Michael and Bokerfork)!