home safe and sound

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badisbad13

Reaction score
made it home. my frist eom had fun, made new friends. can't wait for next year.

yes i got dirt on my bike! fore the people who gave me the hard time for a clean bike !! see yall next year.

Don

Annette and I are home safe as well. We loaded up early and were on the road just after 8am. Only one close call with a blue haired lady in a Nissan, but good traveling weather and light traffic all the way home.

Smurfett and I made it back a few hours ago. We explored some new roads in Middle TN on the way.

Sore and satisfied!

Home safe, left KY at 3am, Great weather no fog. Pulled into my drive at 5pm, 14 hours of slab "SUCKED"

Jim

Made it home safe as well - 7 hours on slab sucks but nice day. Thank you again all organizers!

I got home about 5pm CDT. I almost got runover on 465 around Indy when an idgit 2 cars in front of me stopped dead on the Interstate when he got confused.

I had a great week....thanks for travelling along! :yahoo:

Got home at 4:00 after slabbing it up 75 & 71. Had a great time. :yahoo: Thanks goes out to everyone who was invovled with putting this on

My wife proved her IBA # was well deserved and not a "One time thing". . . We made the 900+ miles

in under 14 hours. Weather was pretty decent and the 2 stops for food were not too bad.

Heck... I was figuring 16-18 hours with her as co-pilot.

Great Job by all involved in planning the EOM !

AND.... Mayhem struck... again. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Not home.

Nowhere near home.

But that was part of the plan.

We didn't make it to Hilton Head yesterday. As we got to be about 60 miles out (after ~ 450 of the suckiest slab miles I've ever done; people are IDIOTS down here), the skies LET LOOSE. Pouring rain, strong, gusty, driving winds, and some WICKED lightning. The sun was going down, the weather not letting up, so we pulled off and got a hotel room.

Hope everyone makes it home safe.

Shannon and I made it home safe and sound. Got to ride with a few different people on parts of the ride home. Nothing but sunshine. Seen some old friends, meet some new ones. Once again hats off to all the organizers. Great job! Se ya next year.

Kim and I made it home after some back road travels back to Atlanta. Had a great time even if the weather did not cooperate 100% of the time. Kudos to the organizers and what a great location. We're ready for next year.

Left with Patriot and Mvette around 4:30am and split from them once we reached I-75; I took secondary roads all the way home, grabbing bits of the route Lee Davis sent me that I didn't do when going to EOM thanks to the heavy rains on Friday. Completely enjoyed southern VA when the route turned to two lanes through rolling hills and some mountains. Had some showers along the way, but overall got off pretty lucky. Arrived home at around 5:30pm. I should mention that I'm now in love with the Airhawk seat cushion I purchased just before EOM...my body ached from the long ride, but the ole derrière had no complaints whatsoever... I need some highway pegs though, lol, my knees were killing me.

Thanks to all who contributed to EOM's success this year! It was fun!

Made it home at 5:30 last night slabbing it up to Columbus with El Toro Joe... after we split up I slabbed 70 over to 22 and then took 22 up through OH, WV, and into PA. Got a little rain and got stuck behind a trooper for a bit (thankfully he was doing ten over...) but other than that a great ride home.

I had an absolute GREAT time on the trip and many, many, many thanks to all who helped put it together. THANK YOU THANK YOU! :yahoo:

Mayhem... err... Ken

Got back home to Charlotte around 6:30 last night. East Coast Rob and I split company in Hickory NC. Looked a little dark

heading south so donned the frog togs. If anyone saw highlights of the Panthers game you saw what I ran into. Thought

I was crossing a lake at times. Fortunately Fridays Tour of the Bluegrass refreshed my frog choker riding skills.

Saturdays ride was probably the best day of riding I can remember on the FJR. Thanks to everyone involved with this event.

I look forward to the next.

Anyone recommend a water proof riding glove ? :Snorkle:

Anyone recommend a water proof riding glove ? :Snorkle:
About the only thing I've found that works well are the "Spock" overgloves Aerostich has. They aren't perfect as your hand grip gets interesting, but they do keep the wet out. I've used them for a few years with good results. They worked very well on Friday, riding in the downpours going to EOM. If only I'd put them on earlier, they would've spared one set of gloves from getting soaked, lol.

Side benny is that you get strange looks when flashing the Vulcan sign to other riders... ;)