9th annual Ride to the Rock 11/26

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cota95

RI Beach Pop
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen:

I am putting on the schedule the 9th annual 'Ride to the Rock'. The ride leaves from my humble abode in Lincoln RI at 9am and travels the backroads of southeastern MA to Plymouth MA to visit 'the rock' in honor of our forefathers and Thanksgiving. The ride is held the Saturday after Thanksgiving each year (rain/snow date Sunday 11/27). The ride will go on regardless of how cold it is or how many attend-we have had as many as 19 and as few as 3. We couldn't care less what you ride but we do require the noisy HDs to ride in the rear. Leave a message here if you would like more info and directions to my house. DRESS WARM!! Here are a couple of pics from last years ride.

104_2181-2.jpg

The Rock

DSCF3487.jpg

104_2199.jpg

The Mayflower

104_2196.jpg

104_2197-1.jpg

Dave and Ann

DSCF3469.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey George,

If you need any help route planning or preride scouting let me know. You had mentioned it may change this year.

Dave

We couldn't care less what you ride but we do require the noisy HDs to ride in the rear.
UFAIR! Discrimination! Make ALL obnoxious loud bikes ride to rear, HD, FJR's with Holeshots or whatever!~ :huh:

..and

very sincere Kudos for doing this ride - I often wish I lived East for the good weather then could move west for the winters. So much on your coast to see that I've not seen.

Hey George,

If you need any help route planning or preride scouting let me know. You had mentioned it may change this year.

Dave
Just make sure it goes past an ice cream shop.
That can be arranged! Clicky I know Ann will be up for that. She never turns down ice cream.

George,

Hopefully this weekend I can check out some of the new routing and get back to you.

Hey George,

Dave
Just make sure it goes past an ice cream shop.
That can be arranged! Clicky I know Ann will be up for that. She never turns down ice cream.

George,

Hopefully this weekend I can check out some of the new routing and get back to you.
Kyle and I have ridden the new route out to Taunton. I'm tied up this weekend but hope to ride it all on Monday

We couldn't care less what you ride but we do require the noisy HDs to ride in the rear.
UFAIR! Discrimination! Make ALL obnoxious loud bikes ride to rear, HD, FJR's with Holeshots or whatever!~ :huh:

..and

very sincere Kudos for doing this ride - I often wish I lived East for the good weather then could move west for the winters. So much on your coast to see that I've not seen.
You are more than welcome to attend Don, I could fix you up with a bike to ride (Spyder perhaps?). I'm on my way to Arkansas tomorrow morning and hopefully returning with an 05 Goldwing so there will be one more to choose from.

I am about 50/50 on making it this year. It will depend on the weather between here and there. I also want to talk to you about trials bikes. I have the urge to get one to putter around the mountain on and I just don't know enough about them. Good luck with the Goldwing purchase.

I am about 50/50 on making it this year. It will depend on the weather between here and there. I also want to talk to you about trials bikes. I have the urge to get one to putter around the mountain on and I just don't know enough about them. Good luck with the Goldwing purchase.
Sounds good Greg. My nephew Kyle, who you met on the ride to EOM, lives next door and has a 2 stroke Montesa and I've got the 4 stroke so you have a selection to try.

Ride report,

Well I ran Cota's new route east of route 18 to Plymouth and back to 18 again following on my GPS. The only hiccup I ran into was after getting on route 3 just before Plymouth my gps thought I was going off road. Garmin doing its own thinking again. Zoomed out and I just went along side the highway according to my Zumo. The only other area of concern at this time was Carver road with some sand and a couple of real rough spots. Weather was in the mid 60's with occasionally clouds. I just hope it is this warm the day of the ride.

After getting back I picked up the wife and we were off again. We headed to the coastline through Paidnarum and Dartmouth and back home again. Harbor views along with some salt marshes along the way. Sorry Chis, the ice cream stand we went by was closed for the season. :D

That's all for now folks,

Dave

Kyle and I rode the route today and after a couple of tweeks I think we are all set. Very windy and cool day, probably a preview of the actual ride day. Snow is completely gone along the whole route and no sand on the road. We are ready to ride! :yahoo:

Anyone looking for a little spin this weekend and your in the RI area I will be doing route work on the Ride to the Rock. Drop me a PM.