Canucks Heading to Adirondacks!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red07FJR

Reaction score
Some friends and I are leaving from Kingston tomorrow morning heading thru Watertown, then east on #3 towards Lake Placid and Whiteface Mountain. The foliage and weather forecasts are perfect :) looking forward to a great day!

Enjoy! The weather is going to be AWESOME! I'm leaving tomorrow for Toronto with my son . . . for hockey, of course. It's our annual pilgrimage.

I was down today - ran down and crossed at Covey Hill, took route 3 through Lake Placid and then headed east until I hit 9N and came back up again - got a late start or we'd probably have crossed at the bottom of Lake Champlain and come up through highway 17 in Vermont.

The day was absolutely glorious and we stopped for lunch at Tail O' The Pup which was mediocre, crowded and overpriced, as usual.

Not sure how many kms we ran - my blackberry is monopolosing the mini-USB connector for the next hour doing a firmware update, but top speeds wqere in the range of 150 or so kph, so it wasn't a 'fast' day.

I saw no other FJRs on the road.

Was that Red07FJR that met up with the NERDS doing the covered bridges of NH?
Yes indeedie. One and the same! Today should have been in the Mt Washington area. No schedule, no route and no plan other than enjoy the trip. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all had an amazing ride with everyone yesterday and MT Washington climb was awesome this AM! Pics to follow just west of Montreal now be home by 11PM!