Starcom question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snikr

Reaction score
I own a Starcom1 Advance intercom and am reworking the setup and I have a question.I'm setting the Balance between the Passenger and Rider because I switched from the ear speakers to eye buds (Skull Candy TiTan's). The manual says "Turning anti-clockwise will reduce the passenger volume and increase the rider volume". The next sentence says "Turning clockwise will increase the rider volume and reduce the passenger volume". Now after reading this about 20 times I'm still a bit confused. Which way does what?? TIA

Tom

P.S. Don't you just love how clear manuals can make things :angry2:

Last edited by a moderator:
I own a Starcom1 Advance intercom and am reworking the setup and I have a question.I'm setting the Balance between the Passenger and Rider because I switched from the ear speakers to eye buds (Skull Candy TiTan's). The manual says "Turning anti-clockwise will reduce the passenger volume and increase the rider volume". The next sentence says "Turning clockwise will increase the rider volume and reduce the passenger volume". Now after reading this about 20 times I'm still a bit confused. Which way does what?? TIA

Tom

P.S. Don't you just love how clear manuals can make things :angry2:
If I recall correctly, anti clockwise increases the rider volume and decreases pillion. However, when using eye buds, I don't know if it makes a difference :rolleyes:

Quote from my manual (read only the underlined parts):

starcm_ex1.jpg

The unit provides a rider/passenger balance control. At the mid point (the default setting)

the rider and passenger have the same volume level.

Turning the control anti-clockwise will increase the passenger volume and decrease the

rider volume.

Turning the control clockwise will increase the rider volume and reduce the passenger

volume.

Pretty sure doesn't matter what sort of speaker system is connected, this is for the unit.

HTH

Thanks MartyA. The PDF of the manual needs a little work (I lost my manual in my move). I'll give it a try the next time I ride.

Tom

I'm not real sure what you are unclear on, but. The volume and the balance do 2 different things. The volume just simply turns the volume up or down on the whole system. The balance on the starcom does the same thing as the balance on any stereo between left and right speakers, but between rider and passenger.

Say you have the volume set as you like it (a little loud because you have bad ears) but it is way to loud for your passenger. Well you need a way to adjust that. Turn the balance in the direction to reduce the volume for the passenger (which will in turn make yours louder) so you may have to lower the volume for you now. But after a little adjusting you can get the volume right for both people.

Hope this helps....

MartyA you were right on the money with which way to trun the Balance. It takes time getting everything set right with me wearing ear buds and my wife using the speakers but I'm in the "ball park" now. Thanks for your help. And I'm set with the manual MartyA. It may turn up when I finally get everything unpacked. Until then the PDF will work fine.

Tom