Anyone using LED Turn Signals?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Discussed less than a month ago here. I don't think anybody has done it yet.

I know I didn't bother when I did convert to LED brake lights because stockers are brighter and don't usually burn out over the life the bike.

check this thread out for led strips on mirrors

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=124646

check my post #14 which is the cool "wig wag" option

check it out and hope that helps and is something good to think about

Ride Safe,

Mike in Nawlins'

mholiver at patriotguard dot org

(I don't use PM's)

Last edited by a moderator:
Try Bayside Performance in Vancouver BC. They sell Watson Design front signals which are hand made cnc billet aluminum and then painted. Now in saying that they presently don't make signals for a '03 FJR so I searched on Ron Ayers and found he part # for the signal base of an '03 Gen 1 FJR is the same part # as an '05 FZ-1. I took a chance and ordered them. Received them a day ago and they seem somewhat smaller than the OEM plastic signal base, but I will make them work, somehow I hope.

Sorry no photo but go to www.baysideperformance.ca click on HID and LED lighting on the left side of the page and then click on Watson design Yamaha.

One of the problems with the conversion (in previous years) was that it took a certain load to activate the "blinker unit". The LED modules were being used (a lot of times) to help reduce over all load on the bike's electrical system. They were lower enough that they wouldn't trip the "blinker unit" without adding a resistor to increase the load. From the perspective of the electrical load on the system, you ended up right back where you started. So why bother going to the expense when OEM bulbs were cheaper and more readily available?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have led's for the turn signals and brake lights, I had to put a new flasher in the adjust for the led so the are not speed flashing, I got the flat leds that are brighter than the old bulb type.

check this thread out for led strips on mirrors

https://www.fjrforum....howtopic=124646

check my post #14 which is the cool "wig wag" option

check it out and hope that helps and is something good to think about

Ride Safe,

Mike in Nawlins'

mholiver at patriotguard dot org

(I don't use PM's)

https://www.flickr.co...57624191235014/

Try Bayside Performance in Vancouver BC. They sell Watson Design front signals which are hand made cnc billet aluminum and then painted. Now in saying that they presently don't make signals for a '03 FJR so I searched on Ron Ayers and found he part # for the signal base of an '03 Gen 1 FJR is the same part # as an '05 FZ-1. I took a chance and ordered them. Received them a day ago and they seem somewhat smaller than the OEM plastic signal base, but I will make them work, somehow I hope.

Sorry no photo but go to www.baysideperformance.ca click on HID and LED lighting on the left side of the page and then click on Watson design Yamaha.
Thanks for the tips guys!!!

Discussed less than a month ago here. I don't think anybody has done it yet.

I know I didn't bother when I did convert to LED brake lights because stockers are brighter and don't usually burn out over the life the bike.
And thanks Matt! I did do a search but this thread didn't come up based on the words I was searching.

I went to superbrightleds.com and ordered up a pair of truck/trailer marker clearance lamps and glued them to the rear fender. Wired them to the rear blinkers. Once I pick up a signal minder they will also run full time.

Best pic I have now:

317742_687852745753_33206574_35395817_1089537968_n.jpg

I believe that yellow/amber color clearance lights running front, back and side of any motorbike GREATLY increases being seen by other vehicles, day or night. This is probably why, in 160,000 miles no one has ever really cut me off, pulled out infront of me, ect. I ride pretty aggresively as well....

I also run Hella FF50's and spray painted the additional plastic lenses with 2-3 coats of krylon glass spray paint. REALLY makes the bike stand out.

I have a set of Watsen Design LED front signals on my 2003 FZ1 and Love Them. When you get this sorted out for the 03 FJR I would love to see some pics of it as I have wondered how well a set for another Yamaha would work on the FJR. If you order directly from Watsen Design they will actually let you specify what ColorRite color you want them done in so you could actually match the FJR silver almost exactly.