End Of Days - Zombie Apocalypse!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
Announcing a dark and disturbing Long Distance motorcycle event for 2012...

As we have done for the last two Cognoscente Group events, we are opening this event up to the FJR community for a couple days before we announce it to the LDRider community. We have already sent invites to Cognoscente veterans, and this event became well past half-full after just one day!

The Cognoscente Group is happy to host one last event before Doomsday arrives....

Announcing the 2012 "End of Days - Zombie Apocalypse!"

The End of the World predictions for 2012 sound pretty grim.... SO WHAT BETTER REASON TO RIDE?!!!!!!!!!

This particular Cognoscente Group event is among the most sick and twisted that we have ever put together.... so you definitely want to be a part of it! We have assembled some of the most demonic and disturbing bonus locations found anywhere in the country, every one of them deeply tied to the End of Days in some dark form or fashion.

But make no mistake, this is still a Cognoscente Group event, and that means extreme riding. This event has the longest minimum mileage to be a finisher of any event we have hosted. The Top Dogs who will stand upon the podium will have well in excess of 2000 miles.

"Can't save the world? Then prepare for its end!"

We have less than 2 dozen spots remaining... move fast if you want in....

Current breakdown of entrants:

BMWs: 25%

Honda: 22%

Yamaha: 53% (and, no, not all are FJR1300s!)

Largest bike: Honda GL1800

Smallest Bike: Yamaha FZ6R

Female Zombies: 17.9%

Zombie Rider #1: RenoJohn :lol:

When I saw this thread title on the Forum Home Page "Recent Topics Added" I would have bet my FJR that it was in some way designed/written/formatted in response to SkooterG going Darkside.

Wish I could join you guys. I just bought some of these...

Hornady-Zombie-ammo-courtesy-ar15.com_.jpg

...for my Glock 40 in anticipation of the "Apocalypse" and it would have been fun to show those around the pre-ride.

:rofl:

Yes, it seems Hornady makes some ammo completely appropriate for this event! Did you have something to do with that Dale?

And when they say Zombies, they MEAN Zombies! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
When I saw this thread title on the Forum Home Page "Recent Topics Added" I would have bet my FJR that it was in some way designed/written/formatted in response to SkooterG going Darkside.

...for my Glock 40 in anticipation of the "Apocalypse" and it would have been fun to show those around the pre-ride.

That doesn't look like a 40 cal shell to me...

That doesn't look like a 40 cal shell to me...
That's an Internet pic....too lazy to take a pic of the box I bought.

Youse guys oughta start watching "The Walking Dead" on AMC...... :D

Zombies are attracted to noise and light. So you really want to minimize gunfire unless the situation is truly overwhelming.... you'll just attract other Walkers if you go around shooting them.

That's why we are interested in either silenced weapons... or weapons that are silent.... :lol:

Silenced weapons:

M4-Gun-Fit-Combo.jpg

Weapons that are silent:

zombie-tools-hellion-600.jpg

zombie-tools-vakra-kukri-new-600.jpg

Any KLRs going on this ride?

834082174_nRrzF-M.jpg
Of the Japanese Big Four, Kawasaki is the only marque not on the roster yet......

Wonder where all those big-talking C14 guys are...? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We've had had a flurry of sign-ups since announcing this event here this morning... only 17 slots remain.

Ive done some quick dirty calculations. It should be a real interesting rally huh Watkins? Lol....

Mr Warchild, have you set up a board for this like Bob had for the GBU? That was cool. Where we could all talk beforehand....

The end is near! I'm in! (and this time I'll come with fresh tires...)

Tire2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Know what the hardest part of the zombie apocalypse will be? Hiding the fact you're having so much fun!

Know what the hardest part of the zombie apocalypse will be? Hiding the fact you're having so much fun!
Not to mention the splatter stains! :D

Well this changed my plans for next year :) Reg and payment sent yesterday, now 8 months of anticipation :(

There are a little over a dozen spots remaining open as of 5am Pacific this morning. This event has just been announced to the IBR Finishers community, and tomorrow it'll be open to the general LDRider community. Move fast if you want in..... ;)