Looking for twisties in SouthEast texas. Help!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean

Reaction score
Just bought an 06 FJR and gawd do I love it. Please help me find some twisty roads near the Beaumont / Port Arthur area that I can learn on. I am seeking curvy roads without too much traffic. I am expecting the answer to be to head towards central Texas, and that's fine. I hope not to have to drive that far but whatever. Thanks in advance for any help finding a good area to ride in =)

Sean

Just bought an 06 FJR and gawd do I love it. Please help me find some twisty roads near the Beaumont / Port Arthur area that I can learn on. I am seeking curvy roads without too much traffic. I am expecting the answer to be to head towards central Texas, and that's fine. I hope not to have to drive that far but whatever. Thanks in advance for any help finding a good area to ride in =)

Sean
Sean,

There are some nice roads out near Navasota. FM 362 and FM 1488 I think. If you come of Central Texas we can really set you up but then you knew that. I am hoping to get my 06 in the next couple weeks. Right now it is in Midland. Purchase going through now.

Joe

Sean
Not a lot real close to you. But if you go US69/287 to N of Kountze and takeFM943 toward Segno you'll pickup FM 1276 to Dallardsville then on up to US 190. FM 224 on west side of Lake Livingston has a nice strech, but lake traffic. Around Conroe there is a short run south of CutnShoot on FM 1485, but watch out for cops. West of Conroe is TX 149 from Montgomery to Anderson. At Anderson follow 149, sig left then right, to FM 3090. Left goes to Navasota, right to 244. Run this whole road for best effect.At 244 turn left and go to Yankee's Icehouse for burgers last time I was there they were good. Hope this helps.