Thermacell Heated Insoles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR Flyer

DC Commuter Commando
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Just got this info in an email yesterday. We have some ThermaCell stuff for camping. Looks like they have potential. Bass Pro Shops has them for $119. The Gerbing heated insoles are only about $50, but I think you need the pant liners to attach them to. Could have used these on my trip to Memphis in March.

ThermaCell Heated Insoles

thermacell_heated_insoles_foot_warmers_and_remote.png

Just what I need, warm stinky feet instead of just stinky feet! :rolleyes: Look pretty neat, but they appear to be so new, that reviews are hard to find. Here's a few that I did find. Only 2 stars from 13 reviewers on Amazon, but one HD rider gave them a thumbs up! Amazon whine fest

Different product on Amazon. Those reviews are for "Thermo Soles". The ThermaCells just came out, whereas the reviews talk about them being bought last year.

I've used these that they sell at the local sporting goods stores. They actually work really, really well. Just the right amount of "warmth" but not hot--and they're done heating by lunch or so. Five bucks or less for a pair.

6ab400f4-ea21-4dce-9e5f-f0e3381b7920.jpg

I've used these that they sell at the local sporting goods stores. They actually work really, really well. Just the right amount of "warmth" but not hot--and they're done heating by lunch or so. Five bucks or less for a pair.

6ab400f4-ea21-4dce-9e5f-f0e3381b7920.jpg

Thanks for that info...I just googled them and see that Amazon will sell them for a little over a buck a pair in a 40 pack box...

linky

Yeah not to hijack the thread completely :unsure: but I've used those grabbers on some really cold days (ie cruising at 80 on the interstate under 40 degrees for hundreds of miles). They have a chemical reaction when you take them out of the package, and the whole insole just gets nice and toasty warm. Stuck down in the bottom of your boots means they get less air to react and the heat keeps up for many hours.

Plus, as an added bonus, they have (1) chemicals and (2) you throw them away, so they're extra-bad for the environment, just like needlessly burning gas for fun :p

Staying on the tangent, I thought of the same brand of chemical warmers that Spud mentioned, but I still have a good part of a box of about 40 of their hand warmers. Smaller than the foot ones, naturally, and cheaper too. They keep very well in your side bag or whatever, to be pulled out and dropped inside your glove (on the back of your hand side--they fit). They keep your hands warm all morning at least, and very well. My feet pretty much never get cold, but I'd see if I could get one of these into my boot too if they did. They wouldn't have to cover your whole foot, of course. If you warmed up one area, it would keep your whole foot much more comfy, and if they were too jammed in to walk comfortably, so what? You're riding, not walking. Good low-cost solution.

Where do you guys put foot warmers? Under your toes or on top of your foot? A little pebble in my shoe drives me nuts...Even those little lint balls that manifest in cotton socks make me nuts. So where in the boot??

I have lots of hand warmers but have never used them...I'M not big on stuffing shit in my gloves either

Last edited by a moderator:
They're an insole that goes under your foot--you put them in the boot before you step your foot in. They are really smooth--almost like plastic, and you can fill a little extra height in there when walking, but they don't move around.

I don't get cold feet much either, but on a really cold day you realize the difference between tolerating how your feet feel, and going, wow, my feet feel so nice and cozy right now! Also, as mentioned, they're thin and easy to pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerbings insoles do not need the pants. They come with a long Y cable so you can connect them directly to a switch or controller. Have them, love them.

I'll have to check out the Grabbers. They seem like a much simpler, cheaper solution. I don't have a lot of need for heated insoles, but on the way to Memphis, I was riding in 23 deg F temps for a couple hours and my toes really got cold. I had some ten year old chemical toe warmers that really didn't do much (wasn't expecting much).

Thanks for the tip.