FJR on I-10

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McRuss

Reaction score
Last Sunday, on my way back from Deming BBQ, I was passed by and then hung with a wine (I don't recall the real color name) FJR riding with a Beemer (GT I think?) FJR pilot had a yellow helmet. We were cooking along at 90 plus for a bunch of miles between Fort Stockton and Junction (where I got off for fuel).

Anyone from the forum?

Dark Cherry is the name of the color, but 'whiners' is what you could call the folks who ride them. :lol:

How was the Deming BBQ. I would really like to get out to that some day.

What the Hell is the Deming BBQ? That's three hours from me...I wanna go.

Oh Man Greg and AJ, if I would have had any idea that you two were interested in this, I would have set up a ride for us. A Good Friend of Russ L. and I, Don Cameron (and wife Mary Lou), has been hosting a Veterans BBQ in Deming for the last three decades. Unfortunately for you, 2011 was the very last year that Don is hosting this super event.
Russ L., Michael Conner, Steve Cantrill and many others from Phoenix International Touring Society, now named AZ Beemers, would ride over from Arizona to camp out and party at Don's ranch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer. Didn't know it was the last year. I would have made a point to go.
Brothers Greg and AJ, I feel so badly that I failed to notify you guys of this event. We talk about so many damn things, it is amazing to me that I never mentioned this before. Shows my old age, I was a regular attendee for this with McRuss all through the 90's and up through 2007, I had just assumed that everyone knew all about it!

Deming Veterans Gathering

Veterans Day 2011 - The Last Gathering was Held on November 12, 2011 in Deming New Mexico

We would like to thank everyone that attended the 2011, and last, Deming Gathering.

We all appreciate the work that Don and Marylou do to invite us all to their home. We are looking forward to continuing to see them, if not at the Gathering, at many other motorcycle events.

In addition to giving Don and Marylou a shadow box with memories of past gatherings, we contributed almost $1500 to Don's favorite charity, the Disabled Veterans Transportation Fund. Thank you all for your contributions.

Our Host and Hostess for the Tour of Honor for over twenty years: Don and Mary Lou Cameron!

gathering%202011013.jpg

A Great Excuse for Ride Through Beautiful Country

Honoring Our Veterans from all the Services

Dark Cherry is the name of the color, but 'whiners' 'winners' is what you could call the folks who ride them. :lol:
Fixed it for ya, Papa :assassin:

:kiss2:
Mi Amor y mi Querida, It is my illegitimate bastard Hijo (Son) SkootyG that does not care for the Dark Cherry. The color is so very fetching on you, mi muy Bonita Maria Elena! Arriba, Arribs, Ai, Ai!

Dark Cherry is the name of the color, but 'whiners' 'winners' is what you could call the folks who ride them. :lol:
Fixed it for ya, Papa :assassin:

:kiss2:
Mi Amor y mi Querida, It is my illegitimate bastard Hijo (Son) SkootyG that does not care for the Dark Cherry. The color is so very fetching on you, mi muy Bonita Maria Elena! Arriba, Arribs, Ai, Ai!

WHOOPS !!! Lo siento, Papa :blush:

Hey, Scooty! I fixed it for YOU, then :lol:

I passed a FJR Sunday coming back from Deming he hung with us until we stopped for gas in Sonora . I was on the C14 and my buddy was on the black bird .

I passed a FJR Sunday coming back from Deming he hung with us until we stopped for gas in Sonora . I was on the C14 and my buddy was on the black bird .
Yep, that was me, also coming back from Deming. I was just tooling along until you guys came along and upped the ante....But there was another FJR (Dark Cherry color, I'm told)and a Beemer in with us for a while.