2010 with hot feet, 2006 didn't have an issue

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckSanders

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm sure that this has been talked about a million times, I used to have a 2006 FJR and had zero issues with heat (had a PCIII with Two brothers slipons). I just bought a 2010 FJR after trying some other bikes and the heat on my feet is horrible it's nothing like my 2006, I HATE riding this bike. Will adding a slip on exhaust and PCV really make a difference or did the 2010's get "changed" for the worse? I don't want to throw away a grand only to have no change and still HATE it. I don't wear sneakers so please no riding gear comments.

Thanks for the info.

You don't have the side wings kicked to the cold weather position do you?

I do have TB's CF slip on's and a PC but can't say the heat was that bad before.

The CF's are definitely cooler through.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a '07 and just bought a '10. I don't feel any difference in heat. As far as I know I don't think anything was changed with the heat management at all. I have had the tank and most of the plastic off of both bikes and I have not noticed any difference.

Only bodywork changes from 2006 to now are color. Airflow and cooling setups are the same. There's no design reason to explain the difference.

Nothing appealing about hot feet. Now for a really aesthetic use of heat, chestnuts roasting on an open fire!...You need a gen I. :dribble:

Went from a '06 to an '09 this summer and didn't notice any difference in heat down low. Running stock no PC or pipes.

Good luck.

--G

On my 10 there is a little heat down there, not really noticable with riding boots on though. Did you have a fender extender or any other add ons on the front of your 06 that could have changed the air flow?

Never heard of hot feet with the later model FJRs. Try once in a while placing the heal of your boot/shoe on the peg and splaying out and down the toes. This will get your foot out into the breeze more. For that matter - try vented boots. Not sure where you reside. Hot climate or cool? This can have a bearing on things.

Good Luck

Scott

I found Wild Bill's highway pegs give me the relief I need! I was in California in Sept and the temp got into the low 40's celsius (Cdn bike) the relief was great. Wish I had them on a much longer trip last year? FWIW!

I have an '09, everyone here tells me it's in my head. I got it a year ago and it is so hot I don't ride it in the summer. I did buy some heat resistant socks from a place that sells fireproof type clothing and they did help.

Like others here, I don't think there were any design changes that would explain your experience. Did you the buy the '10 model as a new bike or a used bike? If used, has it been modified? Does it still have the heat shield between the bottom of the tank and the top of the engine?

My 09 gets hot around the feet at highway rpms. I have to put my hooves at the end of the pegs and point my toes outward. This time of year though, I tuck them in

Wait! What?

A Gen II too hot to ride?!

Buncha crybabyz is all.
Well I remember test driving a Gen 1 back sometime back and it put off so much heat I took it right back and didn't finish the ride. Bought a BMW GS instead, no heat but it didn't make my heart race. I bought the Gen 11 in the fall so the heat wasn't bad until this past summer, I am in Arizona where just going outside is too hot. The Gen 1 roasted my thighs the Gen 11 only heats up my right ankle.

I ride my '07 into the triple digits (temperature...not speed) and have never had a heat issue.

Not around the tank, and especially my feet.

This is another one of those "hmmmmmm" moments.

Well my 10 is hot at the feet also. If I did not have WB pegs on I could not ride it in heat at all. I wear Alpine Star boots and good socks. I also wear full gear. It is the hottest bike I have ever ridden bar none.

I am either going to wrap the headers, Jet Coat them, or both! My heat shield is in place and has a layer of Dyna Mat over it also. The heat is not a nut roaster, but a foot roaster.

I also have Two Bothers exhaust and Power Commander.

I also have a front fender extender. Not sure if that is blocking flow, but have my doubts.

Not ready to chuck the bike and it is nice this time of year, but need to work at finding a solution of some type before Summer.

Yes I know it is a four but so was my BMW LT and it was never hot at all.

Not a bitch per say, but I do agree with the OP and it is not his imagination or just his bike.