EOM 2012 dates?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We pick vacation for the next year in November and I would like to attend EOM in 2012. Has a tentative date been chosen yet?
Hell I don't think a dam thing has been done yet. Rumor was something in Virginia but I cannot confirm at this time. There is always NERDS in stowe VT and I think the date has been set. There Is also NAFO in 2012 in BC and the dates are set for that also. Plenty of places to go ride and meet Feefer folk. I am not sure if anyone has picked the task of orginizing EOM yet. If someone has I am sure he or she will be along soon.

Dave

We pick vacation for the next year in November and I would like to attend EOM in 2012. Has a tentative date been chosen yet?
Hell I don't think a dam thing has been done yet. Rumor was something in Virginia but I cannot confirm at this time. There is always NERDS in stowe VT and I think the date has been set. There Is also NAFO in 2012 in BC and the dates are set for that also. Plenty of places to go ride and meet Feefer folk. I am not sure if anyone has picked the task of orginizing EOM yet. If someone has I am sure he or she will be along soon.

Dave
I also heard Va (Roanoke I think) at EOM in September. Hopefully someone will pipe up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent some time in Roanoke back in 2008. Not a good time. Don't think I want to go back...

Traditional EOM date is third weekend in September - that put's it the weekend of 15-16 September 2012. Venue availability also plays a part as well, which is why it was pushed a week later last year.

The venue that was tossed around in conversation(that I know of) in near Blue Ridge, VA (just NE of Roanoke) does not have the capacity. Roanoke proper does offer options as good launch point for day trips. Another location that was discussed is Asheville, NC.

Anyone ready to pick up the ball and run? Lots of good input in the "post - EOM '11 comments" thread.

Wayne.

I spent some time in Roanoke back in 2008. Not a good time. Don't think I want to go back...

Traditional EOM date is third weekend in September - that put's it the weekend of 15-16 September 2012. Venue availability also plays a part as well, which is why it was pushed a week later last year.

The venue that was tossed around in conversation(that I know of) in near Blue Ridge, VA (just NE of Roanoke) does not have the capacity. Roanoke proper does offer options as good launch point for day trips. Another location that was discussed is Asheville, NC.

Anyone ready to pick up the ball and run? Lots of good input in the "post - EOM '11 comments" thread.

Wayne.
whoever picks up planning may also consider Staunton, Harrisonburg & Blackburg. Radford should also be looked at. It's a college town. There might be someplace that'd work around there. Not sure if Lexington would offer anything worth looking at. I think that there are places on the BRP that we could take over, also. I believe the name is Peaks Of Otter Lodge. Not sure of their capacity, though. Lynchburg wouldn't be the end of the world... but it's not right in the thick of things. Also, very close to VA in prime riding territory would be Bluefield, WV, Kingsport, TN or Bristol, TN. Breaks Interstate Park would be perfect if not for the "no drinking" policy.

& honorable mention goes to Waynesboro, VA. i am quite sure there is stuff there that'd work... & not a terrible jumping in point... nor is it the best.

That's the place - Peaks of Otter Lodge was the place that did not have the lodging capacity for our average numbers - it is on my radar as a stop over place or smaller group meet though, looks like a great place.

I agree George; Lewisburg is a nice location as well; The Brier Inn is now a Quality Inn under ChoiceHotels. Not sure if same management is there or not; previous manager was not easy to work with, but the hotel layout met the needs of the group nicely with restaurant / bar on site, as well as meal options within walking distance, acceptable parking arrangements.

Wayne

I agree George; Lewisburg is a nice location as well; The Brier Inn is now a Quality Inn under ChoiceHotels. Not sure if same management is there or not; previous manager was not easy to work with, but the hotel layout met the needs of the group nicely with restaurant / bar on site, as well as meal options within walking distance, acceptable parking arrangements.

Wayne
I stayed one night at the 'Brier' Quality Inn on my way to EOM 2011. I don't know who is managing the place now, but it is run pretty much the same way as before. Very comfortable place, free breakfast, and reasonable prices. Lewisburg also offers easy access to fuel, food, beverages, and, most important, great riding.

Wayne
I stayed one night at the 'Brier' Quality Inn on my way to EOM 2011. I don't know who is managing the place now, but it is run pretty much the same way as before. Very comfortable place, free breakfast, and reasonable prices. Lewisburg also offers easy access to fuel, food, beverages, and, most important, great riding.
+1 here...I did the same thing. Still a great place and location for a meet. if they didn't have all those dang twisty roads nearby... :D

The Brier Inn/Quality Inn is still indeed run by that man (I use the term loosely), John Walz. I thought that he just didn't like women when I worked with him in '07. He gave you a hard time in '08, Wayne?

I agree that this was a great location. I'm sure there are others around, though. I am betting that if it were done in VA, Staunton or Waynesboro would make good spots.

I think that I'd be more apt to look @ Kingsport &/or Bristol, TN, though... but not for me to say.

& historically speaking, EOM has been held the 3rd weekend of September more than any other. At least I think that's an accurate statement.

Well I have heard nothing but good things about lewisburg. I haven't been there but most folks have nothing bad to say about it. I spent a week last spring in Massanutten VA and the roads were awesome. I just couldn't get use to all the camera's looking down on me at every intersection. It was like big brother everywhere in that state. We stopped in the middle of nowhere with a flashing light and it had a camera mounted on the pole watching us. :ph34r: I don't think I want to ever go back to VA again. It is just to Orwellian for me.

No thanks,

Dave