NERDS Brunch - Sun 12/4

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred W

1 Wheel Drive
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
L.A. Burdick is primarily a Chocolatier, with stores in trendy Cambridge, MA, ultra chic New York, NY and their flagship facility in the quaint village of Walpole, New Hampshire. Those who have been on the Covered Bridges rides have passed through "downtown" Walpole and right past Burdick's. There they also run a decidedly eclectic restaurant.

Last year sometime Professor ionbeam and his trusty pillion Helen stopped there for brunch and had such great stories to tell afterward. Apparently the clientele is as interesting as the menu. They have been threatening promising to take us back there for "the Burdick experience" all year, but we've not yet had the pleasure. With another unseasonably warm weekend ahead, highs in Walpole predicted to approach 50 degrees!!, why not squeeze in another NERDS "Ride to Eat"?

Under the heading of Fair Warning!!! Please do check out the Sunday Brunch Menu. It is not your standard Sunday Brunch offerings and the prices are a bit on the elevated side. But who could pass up a half dozen Oysters on the half shell chased down by some Eggs Benedict with Serrano ham? Mmmm.

Since the days are so short right now (sunset @ 4:15 on Sunday), and brunch is only served there from 10AM - 2PM, I think we should plan our arrivals for 11AM.

We can try and find some interesting roads to take afterwards. And if you elect ionbeam to lead us you won't even have to endure any of my regular dirt-road tom-foolery. ;)

Google Map of where Burdick's is in Walpole.

PS - It's going to be about a two hour ride to Walpole from the ManchVegas area for anyone that wants to tag along for the ride over. I'll announce a 9AM meeting place once I get a route figured out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorrow I gotta check MEMs rear tire and see if it is up to another ride. Thanks again for the tire MEM! I promise not to let the tire to go until it is completely, entirely and totally used up.

We are looking forward to a good brunch where the customers are the included comedy show. To answer a PM from bluejag, yes the restaurant has a plate of Vermont Artisanal Cheeses with Crostini and a fruit plate. It is the chocolate shop next door that Burdick is famous for.

To answer a PM from bluejag, yes the restaurant has a plate of Vermont Artisanal Cheeses with Crostini and a fruit plate.
Yep. I see that right in the (previously linked to) brunch menu.

And... you can select a single selection for only $5 if you know your favorite Vermont Cheese Artist. :unsure:

Still riding, a chilly 25 degree start this morning. Would like nothing more than a ride and food but I have to be in Boston by 09:00 that day. Enjoy

142 miles to start of destination point and 3 hrs of travel time one way. doubtfull but you never know. I love french toast with authentic maple syrup. Lets see if the boss has plans for me.

Stay tuned.

Dave

Tomorrow I gotta check MEMs rear tire and see if it is up to another ride. Thanks again for the tire MEM! I promise not to let the tire to go until it is completely, entirely and totally used up.

We are looking forward to a good brunch where the customers are the included comedy show. To answer a PM from bluejag, yes the restaurant has a plate of Vermont Artisanal Cheeses with Crostini and a fruit plate. It is the chocolate shop next door that Burdick is famous for.
Sorry Alan The cheese reply was my lame attempt at some Monty P humor you made reference to. one of my favorites was a.k.a.(The bloody damn cheese skit) I am very much more a chocolate fanatic but will never pass up a good appenzeller

it's all good. I may have to rig up a refridgeration unit on one of my side cases for the chocolate booty I may return with!

Well we have the gas tank just hitting reserve and stabilizer in and run through in prerparation for the winter pull apart. But who can resist one more ride in this amazing weather.The bride is considering , wondering if she can get all her work done prior to the ride. The more I tell her she does't have to come , the more she is tending to tag along.

Alan , I ordered new tires the other day, if you want the take offs you are welcome to them, once I finaly get them changed.

Is Poor Boys diner going to be the meet up spot?

Actually, let's meet up at the Sunoco Station/Dunkin Donuts ( <<< clicky for map) just across the street from Poor Boy's. It's to the right off the northbound side of Rte I-93 exit 5 (Rte 28), at 9AM, for the ride over to Walpole. They have a big (truck stop) parking lot, a small Dunkin Donuts inside (for early arrivers), and it's pretty convenient to get everyone fueled up.

142 miles to start of destination point and 3 hrs of travel time one way. doubtfull but you never know. I love french toast with authentic maple syrup. Lets see if the boss has plans for me.

Stay tuned.

Dave
HAPPY BIRTDAY Dave Tell her it is part of your birthday present, fron Dave to Dave :yahoo:

Actually, let's meet up at the Sunoco Station/Drunkin Donuts ( <<< clicky for map) just across the street from Poor Boy's. It's to the right off the northbound side of Rte I-93 exit 5 (Rte 28), at 9AM, for the ride over to Walpole. They have a big (truck stop) parking lot, a small Dunkin Donuts inside (for early arrivers), and it's pretty convenient to get everyone fueled up.
Fixed!

Alright you NERDS... I have a pretty nice little New Hampster back roads romp planned to get us over to Burdicks at 11AM. We will have time for a quick sprint up Uncanoonuc Mountain in Goffstown, which I know most of you probably don't even know exists, before we follow some familiar river roads over to New Boston. A few back road diversions from there to Francestown and then more familiar roads thru Greenfield and Hancock.

I have a few dozen miles of new roads mapped out to bring us into Walpole by the "back door". But not to worry... I have checked them all on GoogleMaps and there will be no dirt, so you don't have to worry about showing up all muddied up for the la-di-da brunch festivities.

See you at the I-93, exit 5 Sunoco / Dunks at 9AM

edit - Hey Carver. What did you (think that you) fixed?

...edit - Hey Carver. What did you (think that you) fixed?
I believe that he thinks he fixed the Dunkin name by adding alcohol to the spelling. Little does he know that during the winter warm rum and brandy are used to dunk our drunken donuts ;)

Ready for you to learn me new shit about my own backyard tomorrow!

The planets aren't lining up for this one. Take lots of pic's so I can see what I will miss out on. Another time.

BBdig,

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Man I survived another year. Sometime I don't know how I do it.

Dave

Fred do you think we should be calling in the AM for reservations?

I assume(bad word, again) that this is a small establishment.

Meh... If we have to wait a bit, I'm sure we'll figure out something to talk about.

Luckily we don't have much of a time schedule to meet in the afternoon.

Sorry to hear that Dave won't make it, but good to hear the Junkie's will be along on this junket. :p

Some how I missed the alcohol variation of the donuts. Not sure how that happened... (hic!)

On the fence this morning. About to stick my slipper clad foot out the door for weather tell.

And get flight clearance from Sandi…