Posting up some 2012 "Wheaton rides"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
October 4-7, 2012 (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday) Hooterville and Arkansas ride

Thursday - get to Hooterville/Farmington, MO

Friday - run the Hooterville roads and northern AR roads down to Clinton, AR Best Western

Saturday - Run a fantastic northern AR loop (500 miles for those that want to...less for those that want to cut off and head back earlier on a shorter loop

Sunday - blast home

EDIT: DATE CHANGE May 11-14, 2012 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, AND Monday!) SE Ohio Ramble (2 riding days this year)

Friday - Travel day

Saturday - day loop to the east into WV even.

Sunday - day loop to the west into the Hocking Hills region

Monday - get home day

EDIT: SEE 2012 RAMBLE THREAD (IN MIDWEST SECTION) TO SIGN UP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very interested in both Mark, but not sure what my obligations at home are as yet.

I'm pretty sure I can do at least one. :) I'll be watching these & let you know as the dates get closer.

I'd like attend the Ramble in May. I promise not to crash this time!

I'm all healed and bike's almost like new. By May I'll have upgraded

the suspension ( which contributed to my get-off ).

I don't see the foray to NAFO listed

WTF?
These are rides that I am "organizing" barb...

...that being said, I probably won't be able to make NAFO or California this coming year as I do some extended trips with Louanne. She won't be on these rides that I have listed above as they tend to be at a more, uh, spirited pace.

Oh man Mark...this is sooo tough. But after this past Hooterville get together...I'm not sure...I'm just not sure I could deal with myself if I ever decided to miss the next one. Please count me in. Not sure what was better; the roads to ride or the great people I rode with.

Mike

I don't see the foray to NAFO listed

WTF?
These are rides that I am "organizing" barb...

...that being said, I probably won't be able to make NAFO or California this coming year as I do some extended trips with Louanne. She won't be on these rides that I have listed above as they tend to be at a more, uh, spirited pace.
We'll miss you at NAFO this year wheatie, but I get it with the distances involved. :(

Do let me know if you get close to the Northern Rockies though.

--G

Since I have felt better the last 3 days than I have for the last 18 months, you can definitely put me down for a possible "maybe" for both rides. ;)

Missed the ramble last year and hope to make this time. I will put it on the various calendars now. Thanks for the heads up so far in advance!

Count me in for both hopefully, although I'll have to check son's football schedule before I know for sure on Hooterville.

Are there specific routes on the ramble or just go exploring?

As much as I want to participate in these antics, My PO says I can't associate with people from Illinoise. Something to do with Karl and his VW...

I think fornication with her fits in somewhere

As much as I want to participate in these antics, My PO says I can't associate with people from Illinoise. Something to do with Karl and his VW...

I think fornication with her fits in somewhere

Should have been with me last Sunday Bust.

I was down Hooterville way, had lunch at your kind of restaurant.

They throw the food at ya!

Catch a roll

Yet another reason I can't go... Something aboot tossing food upsets me liver.

Me an me buddy Roy passed up the chance to eat there this past summer Karl.. Isn't this fashioned after Dicks in chi town .. or vise versa?

Yet another reason I can't go... Something aboot tossing food upsets me liver.

Me an me buddy Roy passed up the chance to eat there this past summer Karl.. Isn't this fashioned after Dicks in chi town .. or vise versa?
I'd think versa vise, Lambert's has been around since 1913. My Uncle took me there in 1957 in his brand new '57 Chevy convertible.