Toronto Motorcycle Supershow

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamafitter

Reigning NERDS Granite Lane Gold Medalist
Reaction score
The Toronto Motorcycle Supershow will be running at the International Center Jan 06 - 08. I will be working the show at the Ontario Federation of Trail Riders booth on Friday afternoon. I was just wondering if anyone else was going to make the show.

Totally forgot about this.... don't think I can fit it in, may have to do the April show instead..... If Beemerdons and OM are buying, well.... twist my arm.

I plan on heading down Friday morning with a few friends.

Tom, chances are that I will bump into you and Pam. Seems strange that we live around the corner from each other but I usually end up bumping into you at far away places....

I plan on heading down Friday morning with a few friends.

Tom, chances are that I will bump into you and Pam. Seems strange that we live around the corner from each other but I usually end up bumping into you at far away places....
Yes that sure was strange where I bumped into you! :lol:

Count Old Michael and Papa Chuy IN.
That's right, eh.

We'll be at the bar, hoser.
No photos of these two hosers. Rumours are that they were still having body cavity searches at Customs. Further reports are that Old Michael was enjoying it.

Pam and myself plan on being there sometime of friday... Mid day most likely.
I have an actual sighting of this rare species...

IMG0717-L.jpg

IMHO there was nothing special in the way of bikes to bother with pictures plus I was working at one of the booths. I did not have any real time for photos. Tom was carrying a camera but the chances of us seeing anything from that camera are slim to none.

I gotta say, that is one handsome bastard right there! ... He should get out more.

GO LEAFS!
Poor Tom, he never ever gets to go out anywhere! And I have no idea what yamafitter Bill is talking about, Old Michael bought Tom a beer at the show.

OM is smiling kind of funny because of the border cavity search though!

IMG_0432.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom,

Great to bump into you at the show.... never did see Pam.

Great show. Most entertaining was my discussion with a BMW sales rep. I was checking out the 2012 1200RT (very nice) and I overheard some sales rep badmouthing the reliability of the FJR and ST and indicating that the engines lasted only 60,000kms (~40,000 miles)while saying that BMWs seldom had problems and would regularly go 1,000,000 miles with only routine maintenance. Now, don't get me wrong... I love BMWs, but when I heard that B.S. spoken, I had to call him out on it. We ended up having 20 minutes of colourful dialoque.

One thing that really turns me off are salesman that bad mouth other brands to sell rather than selling their brands based on their own merit. When I mentioned the known final drive issues on the BMWs, he proceeded to try to educate me that final drive issue was internet B.S. and he had never actually heard of or seen a final drive failure. Interesting, as I have several friends who have had failures and one who experienced 3 failures.... Just makes me wonder if any words coming out of this guys mouth was the truth..... Made a mental note never to buy a bike from Newmarket BMW....

Last edited by a moderator:
That thing hanging off Tom's shoulder looks strangely like a "Homus Mikeus Aitchus" - but nah couldn't be - those are extinct and never seen. ;)

That thing hanging off Tom's shoulder looks strangely like a "Homus Mikeus Aitchus" - but nah couldn't be - those are extinct and never seen. ;)
It could have been worse. It might of been that European man purse that Pam bought him for Christmas. :blink: