SW-FOG 2012 icon/avatar contest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phroenips

Pronounced "Free-nips"...it's just a
Reaction score
We may not quite know when SW-FOG 2012 may be held quite yet, but we do know it'll be in Salida, CO; and thanks to some of our NERDly friends for providing some great web code, I was able to modify it and make a webpage of our very own! You can see it here: https://www.sw-fog.com

COSFJR (who designed the avatars for 2010 and 2011) thought it'd be a good idea to have a contest in case there's anyone else out there with some design skills that wanted to give it a shot. The winner will have their design posted on the website of course, have it used as the signature avatar, and also used for any t-shirts that may be made up. Post up your designs in this thread (or email them to me and I can host them on the website: rallymaster AT sw-fog DOT com) Email your entries to rallymaster AT sw-fog DOT com no later than March 15, 2012. This way, there won't be any stealing of ideas, etc :) I'll post up a poll once I have all the entries and we can vote for the winner.

Note: the design should be made in an electronically reproducible format to make for easier use in the shirt making process. In other words, please no sketches on napkins.

In the meantime, here is what will serve as our placeholder ;)

Salida-MC.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the "placeholder" is frigging funny and would make a good start. I have absolutely no artistic talent, so I'll leave this to the boys and girls that do, and just make ridiculous comments every now and then.

I think the "placeholder" is frigging funny and would make a good start. I have absolutely no artistic talent, so I'll leave this to the boys and girls that do, and just make ridiculous comments every now and then.
need-we-say-more1.jpg

Just in case Bustanut joker decides to attend SW-FOG 2012, I think this icon/avatar should be considered! Really!

need-we-say-more1.jpg

Just in case Bustanut joker decides to attend SW-FOG 2012, I think this icon/avatar should be considered! Really!
What's funny is that I have that bottom picture in digital form. Cynthia was following along after we got the shirts going last year and she started exploring other SWFOG threads. Needles to say, she thought it was the funniest thing she had ever read, and send my two pictures like that. Some of you saw them in Taos when Pinhead and I got there with the shirts.

If the digitizing fee wasn't $100, I'd get a few shirts made up like that just for giggles, but they wouldn't be for everyone, as not all of us would want to walke around with that on our shirt. Definately couldn't wear it to church...Maybe not to work either.

Hell...If I could get 5 guys to commit, I bet we could get some for a reasonable cost. We'd have to come up with a funny logo though.

Maybe something like: "Ride an FJR, not a sheep." "We don't need no stinking helmets." "Ride motorcycles, not sheep." "If they don't have handlebars, you shoudn't ride them." "My wife won't let me hang out with BustaNutJoker." "If sheep were motorcycles, I'd ride every day." "RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE"

Come up with something...I'll get those made...I'm calling Cynthia right now!!

We may not quite know when SW-FOG 2012 may be held quite yet, but we do know it'll be in Salida, CO; and thanks to some of our NERDly friends for providing some great web code, I was able to modify it and make a webpage of our very own! You can see it here: https://www.sw-fog.com

COSFJR (who designed the avatars for 2010 and 2011) thought it'd be a good idea to have a contest in case there's anyone else out there with some design skills that wanted to give it a shot. The winner will have their design posted on the website of course, have it used as the signature avatar, and also used for any t-shirts that may be made up. Post up your designs in this thread (or email them to me and I can host them on the website: rallymaster AT sw-fog DOT com) no later than March 15, 2012. Note: the design should be made in an electronically reproducible format to make for easier use in the shirt making process. In other words, please no sketches on napkins.

In the meantime, here is what will serve as our placeholder ;)

Salida-MC.png
I'll send you something when I get home. If you look at my avatar on the riders forum you'll see it.

need-we-say-more1.jpg

Can we Photoshop Bustanut joker's face onto this person? Even though I think that Bust normally wears pantsuits or Spandex leotards!

WifeholdingMarmalade2.jpg

This is my new avatar. I designed the bucking FJR sticker and now have it mounted on the back of my Tucson. Lettering would have to be added. It is not 100% accurate for FJR but the FJR was my inspiration. That and the Pendleton Whisky "let 'er buck" logo. Looks a little like a stoppy I suppose. It also isn't accurate (the bucking part) since the FJR is plenty smooth. But I like the rodeo, the cowboy mystique, Pendleton whisky, the FJR and brought all that together. If you think it is worthy we can talk and I can get you the jpg of the original design. Also, if you are unfamiliar with Cafe Press it is a way to get shirts designed and made. It is reasonably priced. I have a working image of the bucking fjr out on cafe press but have not finished the design or ordered the shirt. Whatever your design choice is you could set it up on cafe press and people could order/buy their own shirts, mugs, thongs (really), whatever cafe press sells with your design choice.

Thanks Lee,

Depending on how much interest this idea generates, I'd like to get all the designs posted up in one thread and we'll hold a vote to see which one is the most popular.

On behalf of my fine Irish Friend Old Michael, I would respectfully ask that this icon/avatar be given serious consideration!

CanAmHottie2copy.jpg

On behalf of my fine Irish Friend Old Michael, I would respectfully ask that this icon/avatar be given serious consideration!

CanAmHottie2copy.jpg
I'm not wearing a shirt with a picture of Carver on it! I don't care how nice his tits are!! :eek:
Well then HRZ, how about a really nice shirt with a picture of Bust, Dolly and Carver on it?

CarverBust.jpg

I give up. my lowly little bucking FJR can't compete with what I'm seeing posted here (sheep, hot tubs, bikinis, etc.). dang....

Latest posts